What a difference a comb makes...

Queen_Earth

I got my combs from hairsense on ebay; either I am not using the combs correctly OR I got the counterfeit versions....first they came with stickers that said "made in hong kong" just like the drug store brands; second I had MORE hair in the combs when I used them on my hair and my DDs hair than I do with my other combs--it seems like hair is getting caught and torn in the base of the teeth

KrystalClear

I don't own the small one but it's just a smaller version of the Jumbo.

Thank you. I was so confused. I only order the little one because the others were all ordered up. I guess after you posted this we all went to hotCombs. lol. Because the one I want isn't available until the 15th. I dont have time to wait lol. I wanna try one now. :yep: So Magic Star isn't by Hercules... is that just your preference?

Stella B.

I just had to come back in here to say thanks OP for the lead about the bone combs. I am in love with the jumbo rake that I ordered after reading your post. I have never had a real bone comb before, and the difference in how well it detangles with less shedding is amazing!!!!! I even love the way it feels in my hand. I got such good results, that I ordered 2 more, the dressing style one, and the rat tail one. These combs are fabulous!!!!!!!! :grin:

simplyhair

I got my combs from hairsense on ebay; either I am not using the combs correctly OR I got the counterfeit versions....first they came with stickers that said "made in hong kong" just like the drug store brands; second I had MORE hair in the combs when I used them on my hair and my DDs hair than I do with my other combs--it seems like hair is getting caught and torn in the base of the teeth

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know if it's counterfeit or not. Did you buy the 222? If so, did it come in a package with cardboard hanger type?

I remember when I first got my 222 in the mail from hairsense. I examined, examined and examined the packaging. After I looked closely, I saw who was the manufacturer.

I immediately did a search online for the company and found them. The combs she's sells were on their site. Their site listed what the combs were made from...acrylic/cheap plastic type. That's not organic resin (at least I don't believe it is).

Ok, now I'm hot. Cuz I could tell they were not the same material as my other bone combs. So, I called and asked if they had a retailer/reseller at hairsense.com. I can't remember if the woman said yes or no :)wallbash:), but when I told them how much she was selling the 222 for, they were taken back and quiet. They didn't want to say she was out of line for selling those acrylic combs for over $18.

Unfortunately, they do not tell the reseller/retailer what to sell the combs for. Therefore, she can set it high. Who would know the difference unless you did research?

I was very happy to unload those combs to my mom and the other LHCF member her. I wonder if she still uses it...hum...

If it is not what you expected, I say call her and try to get a refund. Be ready for a fight. She was not pleasant, very defiant and not understanding at all. Did you pay with Paypal? I wish I had paid with Paypal because I could of at least filed a complaint.

If you decide to keep it...be careful. I think it's in this thread someone mentioned that they will crack over time when using it on wet hair or in the shower. That makes sense considering they are made out of acrylic/cheap plastic.

Last edited:

simplyhair

Thank you. I was so confused. I only order the little one because the others were all ordered up. I guess after you posted this we all went to hotCombs. lol. Because the one I want isn't available until the 15th. I dont have time to wait lol. I wanna try one now. :yep: So Magic Star isn't by Hercules... is that just your preference?

The Magic Star is by Hercules. My combs are so old, the gold imprint has worn off. :lachen: But Hercules Sagemann is permanantly engraved in the comb though. :grin: You made a good choice.

Last edited:

cocoagirl

Well since y'all done ordered every damn thang, lol, I bought the HS1049 Styler Comb and the HS696W Styling Comb!

JJamiah

:) I ordered the #222 and another detangling comb, both of mine shipped. One thursday and one friday!

I am selling my #222 comb, the other smaller detangling comb was PERFECT for my thin tresses. Selling it for the price paid and shipping. Bought from www.hairsense.com

If no buyers i am returning for two of the smaller combs! :D

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I got my combs and LOVE THEM BOTH. Thank again OP

Ese88

i can't wait til these cpmbs come back in stock.
does the mini rake do the same thing as the jumbo but just smaller?

manegoal

I received my jumbo rake comb from hotcombs yesterday. I tried it out this morning. I am in :love2: I also bought a pin tail comb for parting and to help unloose my mom's twists. Thanks Testimony & Simplehair

yodie

I think it's time to invest in a better comb.
Are seamless and bone combs the same thing?

LoveCraze

Naturalista
I think it's time to invest in a better comb.
Are seamless and bone combs the same thing?

Yes I believe they are similar. The only difference would be the type of material they are made out of. The ones from Hairsense are made from organic resin and they are great! I am so glad I have them. I just got these this month. Very timely shipping.

yodie

Nice combs. Long siggggggh, gotta save up. My budget is tight and my cheap bss comb just snags my hair on the ends.

Honi

There is no board.
I've had the super detangler and # 206s for years. They are the best combs and I've never had one break on me.

Starian

The 222 is MUCH bigger in person than it seemed in the pic. I opened the package and was like :look:. I know they gave the measurements on the website, but I was still a bit surprised.

If you have super thick, coarse and/or long hair that laughs at regular combs, then it is perfect. Looking at this thing, I think very few people actually need the 222 and the smaller detangler they sell would work fine.

My hair, while WL, is fine and dense. The 222 did a dream job of detangling, but did nothing for my sheds. I tested it on a dry, uncombed, 3 day old pincurl set and the comb breezed through the tangles with maybe 3 hairs in the comb. When I pulled my ends though, I had a ton of shed hair coming out. The teeth are too wide and my hair is too fine for me to get the most use out of this.

The 222 is a GREAT comb and well worth the $20 for the detangling alone, but I find that the 206 that I have already is perfect for my detangling needs and gets my shed hair out as well.

This is the one I already have.

I'll be purchasing the hard rubber comb for use on wet hair next. I'm not trying to ruin a $20 comb.

Last edited:

naijamerican

*Bumping*

Please don't laugh at me... :look:

But I went to the hotcombs website and purchased the following combs:

1. HS703WW Styling Comb
2. Magic mini Star
3. HS6450 Tail Comb
4. HS696W Styling Comb
5. HS1975 Styling Comb

I really don't jump on hair care bandwagons, but I've been wanting to get a seamless comb for almost a year. I finally did it (thanks to my tax return :yep:). I think my regimen is pretty solid in terms of the products I use. At this point I'm trying to fine-tune it, and I think the tools (like combs and getting a good pair of shears) are an essential step for perfecting it. :yep:

At least, that's what I'm telling myself to feel better about it! :rofl:

Mahalialee4

I thought errrybody knew....so many posts over the years.....well glad it all makes sense now. Seamless combs are the only way to go ladies. I bought the biggest ones they make. a long tail comb, a full comb, and a handle comb. (from Hairsense)
I slso bought the natural boar brush (black).

As well, I have a monogrammed wooden comb.

I love to pamper my hair. If I can ever find a local vendor that sells real horn combs, I will buy one if the price is right.

Last edited:

darlingdiva

*Bumping*

Please don't laugh at me... :look:

But I went to the hotcombs website and purchased the following combs:

1. HS703WW Styling Comb
2. Magic mini Star
3. HS6450 Tail Comb
4. HS696W Styling Comb
5. HS1975 Styling Comb

I really don't jump on hair care bandwagons, but I've been wanting to get a seamless comb for almost a year. I finally did it (thanks to my tax return :yep:). I think my regimen is pretty solid in terms of the products I use. At this point I'm trying to fine-tune it, and I think the tools (like combs and getting a good pair of shears) are an essential step for perfecting it. :yep:

At least, that's what I'm telling myself to feel better about it! :rofl:

Enjoy your purchase! Those combs are great!