WHAT AM I DOING WRONG NOW?!?!?!

TCT

LEARNED A WHOLE BUNCH IN THE TIME THAT IVE BEEN AROUND THESE BOARDS! for that i owe ALLAH praise for guiding me here, and i owe you ladies thanks for all your help. my hair has grown so much since ive been around. @ first i had problems retaining it. then it became easier. when i was learning last yr i tried a whole lot of stuff that didnt agree with my hair. i tried to hold onto the old broken hair on the ends until i couldnt because it was winding around the healthy hair and causing breaks and splits. i kept the damaged ends on for the whole of last yr. i cut it about 4 inches this yr. i was soo happy at the great condition. it also started to grow back fuller and more even. i looked at the condition about 3 weeks ago and i have splits again almost 3 inches up the shaft from the bottom. i really was not planning to cut my hair another 3 inches this soon.

i co- wash about every day. ( now im thinking i should cut that back) maybe my hair is too wet every day. it is very fine hair so i cant do too much to it.

i do use a moisterizer. sometimes vegatable glycerine, some times jerry curl products. i use hard protien about every 6 weeks,, i use leave in every co wash, and i only wash my hair with shampoo when it is absolutely nesseccary. i guess bout 1nce every other month or so. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG THAT I CANT LOOSE ALL THE SPLITS IV'E BEEN GETTING???:sad:. oh by the way i'm a natural.

Last edited:

mscocoface

Someone was just talking about having an aha moment the other day and they are natural with fine hair realizing they needed more protein instead of moisture because of their hair being fine textured.

If someone could track that down and post for this person it may be helpful. I only viewed the post I didn't subscrib to it.

HTH

TCT

thankyou , mscocoaface. i luv luv luv you and your hair. i'll be pmmin ya sometime about it.:yep:.

that_1_grrrl

Mscocoface makes a good point. Try using more protein for awhile.

If you want to continue co-washing, wait to your hair is 60% dry before manipulating it. And maybe get a leave-in with protein.

mscocoface

There is a protein challenge going on now. I think I can find that one. It should at least give you some guidance and the ladies on there I am sure can answer some questions.

TwistNMx

I tried to find it for you.
I know there's a thread out there that mentions moisture/protein balance. It was really good advice but I just am not able to locate it right now.

TCT

I tried to find it for you.
I know there's a thread out there that mentions moisture/protein balance. It was really good advice but I just am not able to locate it right now.

THANK YOU FOR TRYING. I think one of the other ladies got it though.