What are some good natural hair products for transitioners?

Tene

I made a whole list of different natural products I wanted to buy like, Aveda, Curl Junkie, Blended Beauty, Oyin, Asha, Curls, etc. But someone was saying it would be a waste of money to buy these when your hair isn't fully natural yet. So I was wondering what are some good natural products for people transitioning like creams, etc? I know Curve Salon has that curly pudding which is also for transitioners.

Suri

Hmmm...i am a year and 5 months into my transition..almost over:cool: and I would say that at the height of my transition I was using these products:

Citre Shine Curl Booster, Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, IC Sparklelites Gel*, Alter Ego Revitalizing Leave in!, Mane N' Tail Conditioners, also used for leave in, Surge (a great leave in and detangler), Infusium, water!, ORS Hair Mayo, ORS Carrot Creme & Olive Oil Creme. That's all I can remember for now. But you're in luck because the weather is warming up...a great time to be transitioning! HTH

prettyinpurple

Tene said:
I made a whole list of different natural products I wanted to buy like, Aveda, Curl Junkie, Blended Beauty, Oyin, Asha, Curls, etc. But someone was saying it would be a waste of money to buy these when your hair isn't fully natural yet. So I was wondering what are some good natural products for people transitioning like creams, etc? I know Curve Salon has that curly pudding which is also for transitioners.

The products who mentioned are used by people with relaxed, transitioning and natural hair. I don't understand how it would be a waste to use it on transitioning hair.:perplexed Natural products are good for hair & body period.

Plenty of relaxed people on the board swear by Aveda's Damage Remedy line. I'm natural and the Aveda retail people also recommended this for my hair, but I haven't tried it yet.

I like Oyin's Greg Juice which would help you with detangling. I also use Curls Asian Hair Tea Conditioner. It's a thick conditioner that's also great for detangling. For moisture try Qhemet Biologics' Sidr Tree Butter Balm or Amla Heavy Cream. The balm is lighter than the cream. Asha's Green Tea spray is also good, I used to use it instead of Greg Juice.

Try some cheaper and natural products before paying $$ for the Curve products.

Suri

I have heard about qhemet, I forgot about oyin's handmade. I used their greg's juice and Silk aloe conditioner, it was okay, but my cousin loved the shampoo bar. They're worth a try, I have also heard good things about Asha's too.

caligirl

Kenra moisturizing conditioner is very good for natural and relaxed hair. I almost stopped transitioning at 6 months because my hair was turning into locks. Then I started using Kenra (thanks Bree!) which kept my hair manageable throughout my transition.

Cheleigh

I'm one of the ones (maybe the only) that thinks it's sort of a waste. I had a lot of relaxed hair (9"-11") compared to natural hair while transitioning, and my relaxed hair soaked up a lot of product. I've spent probably $100-150 trying sample packs and products from Ashas, Oyin, My Honeychild, Qhemets, etc. and at least they're lasting me a while because my all natural hair isn't very long. YMMV.

The products I swore (and still do) by during my transition:

-Homemade moisture spritz (filtered water, molasses, aloe vera juice, glycerin, avocado/jojoba oil, sage, rosemary, peppermint EO)
-IC Fantasia Gel
-Jamaican mango & lime cactus leave-in
-Giovanni direct leave-in
-V05 Free Me Fresia or Blueberries & Cream with molasses/honey, EVOO, castor and/or vatika oil thrown in and heated. I also used a random mix of conditioners.
-Denman brush
-Flexirods
-Condition wash 1-2 times weekly.

cocomama

I found that the curly pudding didn't do anything for me during my transitioning. But I used stretch after I completed my transition and I like the way it made my hair feel. I think that if I would have used this during
my transition it would have help when my afro and relex hair started fighting(LOL)

check out my old albums I have a few pointers & many pics

www.fotki.com/sephus4
pw seafuss.com or seafuss