What are the best combs to use?

LaReyna756

What are the best types of combs to use on wet or dry hair? Right now, I have tons of the cheap plastic ones around, but I want to invest in a good comb. I've seen bone combs and the jilbere shower comb mentioned in other threads. Does anyone recommend a specific brand of bone comb or have a preference for either of these two? Thanks.

baby42

LaReyna756 said:
What are the best types of combs to use on wet or dry hair? Right now, I have tons of the cheap plastic ones around, but I want to invest in a good comb. I've seen bone combs and the jilbere shower comb mentioned in other threads. Does anyone recommend a specific brand of bone comb or have a preference for either of these two? Thanks.
i use my jilbere comb i got at sallys when i wash my hair and to comb cause i lost my bone comb:( but you can put in bone combs and it takes you to a bone comb site other will post where they buy theirs :)

Kari107

I'm also in the process of finding bone combs. I'm sick of the cheap plastic combs that snag my hair.

*Michelle*

Mason Pearson combs get my vote (and brushes too of course) they are of superior quality. Not to discount anything already suggested here though.

Whatever you decide make sure it is rubber and seamless....or REAL bone.

I hear that hard rubber combs are good for avoiding the snags that can be caused by plastic combs. I'm very interested in trying a bone comb now though.

LaReyna756

Thanks for your responses ladies.;) I was surprised to find that most of these don't cost much more than the drugstore plastic ones. I should've considered upgrading sooner.

LaReyna756

I got my Mason Pearson information packet in the mail today. I'm thinking about ordering their detangling comb as well as the Jilbere.

They sent a lot of information. They're brushes sound really great, but unlike the combs, they're expensive. I wasn't shopping for brushes, but I may have to put their boar bristle brush on my wish list ($230.00).