What are the best UNDERRATED products of '08?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
We all know about the ORS Pak, R&N Mask, Humectress, Humecto, Kenra MC, CHI SI and all of those, but what are products you LOVE that hardly ever get talked about?

For me, the best underrated conditioner is GVP Conditioning Balm. No cones, lots of softness and slip

For shine, Black N Sassy Shine Cream gives the best shine. More than any product (including serums) I've ever tried. It's really light and smells GREAT! My hair finally SHINES!!! :pulpdance:

For laying down my egdes, Elasta QP Glaze gets the job DONE. It also makes my hair REALLY shiny. Love it! :grin:

FHI Hot Sauce made my hair sooo smooth and soft. No more serums for me when I flatiron, I'm strictly a Hot Sauce gal from now on :yep:

crlsweetie912

hairveda whipped gelly.
Tiff I was a QP glaze girl before this. Now there's NOTHING else that can compare.
I ordered some Hot sauce and never received it. DANG USPS!

tiffers

hairveda whipped gelly.
Tiff I was a QP glaze girl before this. Now there's NOTHING else that can compare.
I ordered some Hot sauce and never received it. DANG USPS!

Whipped Gelly is better than Glaze??? Oh snap! Imma have to get some! I didn't think anything could top the glaze! :lol:

nik4jesus

I just got my whipped jelly last week and I have to agree. It is great. I just ordered a larger size even though a little goes a long way.

Denise11

MOROCCANOIL!!! That stuff is incredible! Its an oil made from a tree in Morocco. It strenghtens, conditions, moisturzes, softens, and detangles like a dream! I think it's way better than CHI SI. It's an oil but it's not oily. It instantly soaks into your hair. And it also cuts down on the drying time in some strange way, it seems like it pushes the water into your hair because after you put it on you hair you notice that it's suddenly less damp. Strange but great.

crlsweetie912

MOROCCANOIL!!! That stuff is incredible! Its an oil made from a tree in Morocco. It strenghtens, conditions, moisturzes, softens, and detangles like a dream! I think it's way better than CHI SI. It's an oil but it's not oily. It instantly soaks into your hair. And it also cuts down on the drying time in some strange way, it seems like it pushes the water into your hair because after you put it on you hair you notice that it's suddenly less damp. Strange but great.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that one. I have been stealing...I mean borrowing from my mom for WEEKS!:lachen:

tiffers

Wow! I saw some on sleekhair.com but the price put me off. I think it was like $30! :shocked: Where do you get yours? It sounds fab!

crlsweetie912

Whipped Gelly is better than Glaze??? Oh snap! Imma have to get some! I didn't think anything could top the glaze! :lol:

Girl the hold is insane and NOT CRISPY. Like a fresh relaxer. I could stretch almost forever with this stuff. And it's not greasy like the glaze. That's what I liked the most. YOU WILL LOVE IT!

SelfStyled

Ooh just what I need to feed the inner PJ in me.

I have 2 contributions- Abba Kukui nut body cream

This is a body cream, that I use as a moisturizer- it KEEPS my hair moisturized and it smells delicious- the ingredients are the bomb- this has been a great way to incorporate aloe vera into my regimen

ingredients:
Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadenis leaf juice, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, stearic acid, vegetably glycerin, glyceryl stearate, glyceryl alcohol, shea butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, extracts of kukui seed, vanilla fruit, cucumber fruit, arnica montana flower and anacylus pyrethrum root, kukui seed oil, macadamia seed oil, cocoa seed butter, beta carotene, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyglycerin, potassium, sorbate, vitamin e, carbomer, caramel and fragrance

the 2nd product Is Donna Marie Goddess Growth Remedy- I have never smelled a better smelling oil, infused with horsetail, nettle, etc. This oil feels like silk on my scalp.

I am going to stay pushing these 2 products- they are awesome, and have made my hair so much better.

angelp

Definitely agree with this one. Plus you don't need a lot of this on your hair to feel the results. I have this in my hair now and my hair is butter soft.

Coffee

I agree with the Aussie Moist and the price is reasonable too! The MOROCCAN Oil is really awesome. Tiffers, try Ebay!

Denise11

Hi Tiffers. I got mine from a salon here in Chicago. I payed $35 but it's worth every penny. I once bought some from eBay, too. I think I payed $29 but they are so expensive there too.

Last edited:

Denise11

Nobody wants to give you good deal on the Moroccanoil on eBay because they know you're gonna buy it anyway.

Dposh167

>Hairveda's Amla Shampoo w/ Skikakai Extract--- (i don't even have to use the powders anymore. I still get stronger hair from this...and less mess)

>Millcreek conditioners----(such good conditioners for a natural based product)

ShaniKeys

Body Shop Brazil Nut hair mask
Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx hair mask
Carol's Daughter Black vanilla leave-in
Redken Silk Fuel:lick:

SEMO

In my opinion, Africa's Best Hair Mayo is way underrated when it comes to leave-in moisturizers. This product works great; it literally melts into the hair and leaves it so soft (without a sticky, heavy, or 'coated' feeling).

Mandy4610

Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioner. This is the bomb for cowashing my natural hair and it smells lovely. YES it has a cone but, I will never be without it anyway. It also has a paraben:rolleyes: (Whats so bad about Parabens anyway? I forgot)...but I still love it to pieces. It does wonders for my 4a/b hair.

gymfreak336

Underrated

Silk Elements Megasilk conditioner, the olive oil one in the green bottle- great moisturizer and only 4.99, no mineral oil, just yummy ingredients

The whole Coloresse Line at Sallys; its like knockoff pureology

TIGI Dumb Blond reconstructor

sunshinne368

Afroveda Hibiscus Hair Infusion - Love this stuff, keeps my hair from being dry and smell wonderful. A little goes a long way, her amla butter and coco latte are wonderful also!

carib_n_curly

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier i love it it smells nice and the way it makes my hair feel so soft and my fingers glide through so easy :grin:
i'm stocking up

silk elements megasilk leave in creme leve in if you use to much it can get a tad greasy but it's amazing. it makes my hair soft and sometimes i don't even have to seal after

the thing about both of these products is i only saw them by chance.my friend pointed out the silk elements megasilk creme leave and i saw the taliah waajid spray when i was about to leave the BSS:spinning: i'm just glad i found them

VO5 moisture soak conditioner i love the smell and it makes my hair soft and very easy to detangle it's a staple

all of these are staples of mine now, they make my hair easy to handle:grin:

Qt girl

I love Taliah Waajid Mist!

I'm gonna have to add

Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment (I get the Island Fantasy scent)
AND
Jessicurl Too Shea Moisturizing Conditioner

Both have good slip and are all natural and vegan. I love them for steam treatments.

ItsyBitsy

Underrated

Silk Elements Megasilk conditioner, the olive oil one in the green bottle- great moisturizer and only 4.99, no mineral oil, just yummy ingredients

The whole Coloresse Line at Sallys; its like knockoff pureology

TIGI Dumb Blond reconstructor

Hey Sis!
ITA!! I absolutely love this conditioner! This has become my staple protein conditioner.

LovelyLionessa

Aussie Moist is incredible, it beat out Kenra MC for me personally.
Razac Perfect for Perms Finishing Creme is great for shine.
LeKair Cholesterol Plus is amazing and the fact you can get a big ol' tub for under $2 doesn't hurt either.

ETA: ORS Lock & Twist Gel is great for slicking down edges and it contains coconut milk.

Last edited: