What are u planing this fall to maximize results??

beana3

I'm trying to keep it simple, something i can do out of habit. Here are a few of my changes:

Relaxers done ONLY at the salon every 8-10 weeks

Hot oil treatments using olive and castor oil weekly

Deep condition at least 1x weekly (as it gets colder i cannot do the 2x's a week thing, my house doesnt retain heat well)

Wear cornrows 2 weeks out of the month using my own hair. This is the only protective style that does not pull at my scalp and eliminates breakage from styling.

keeping Consistent with my vitamin routine

Working out 2x's a week to stmulate hair growth, but most importantly to improve my health.

E

EgyptianSand16

900390230923-==-9903

Last edited by a moderator:

inthepink

I'm considering adding a "rinse" to my regimen. Right now, I wash/deep condition on Sundays. Then on Wednesdays, I do a condition wash. I'm considering changing it to Wash/Deep Condition on Sunday, a Rinse on Tuesdays, then a condition wash on Thursdays.

The reasons are #1 - the thread on washing more often makes your hair grow more! #2 - my hair doesn't look as good on the 3rd day #3 - adding just a "rinse" b/c I don't want to have to manipulate my hair much to get it back into the ponytail

BronzeBrown

Well I'm currently in braids and will be for the next five months (re-braiding a couple of times during that period). But this time around the changes I'm making are:
-Spritz scalp nightly with a homemade Rosemary spritz (thanks to acjazz and thighs from nappturality!)
-Massage scalp nightly before bed
-Wash EVERY two weeks
- Moisturize the braids themselves every week
- NO use of gels/thick pomades to smooth down frizzies.

I've had my braids in for..3.5 weeks, and they feel & look excellent

zoya_j

I just got my hair cornrowed, so I'll just be leaving it alone and spritzing with my eo mix when I feel the need to. I'll try to keep them in for at least 4 weeks.

Victorian

old head
Re: What are u planing this fall to maximize resul

Well I'm headed back to school in a couple weeks so simplicity will definitely be the key for me too. I'm doing conditioner washes at least every other day right now, and using shampoo once a week. I'll cut back on all the washing when I get to school. Maybe I'll just do a regular old poo + con wash 2x a week, deep conditioning once per week. I used to wash once a week pre-LHCF but I do kinda like the more frequent washing.
I need to find a gentler shampoo though. The aphogee I'm using now works fine but I want to get one of the shampoos without sulfates in it. I also want a different leave-in. The aphogee leave-in isn't a moisturizing kind and that's really what I want to go for.
Other than that, I'm on the bun challenge, so I'll be keeping my ends moisturized and tucked in until next August! I'm really looking forward to having a nice, simple routine with low-maintenence hairstyles. I'll be trying my darndest to keep up some sort of excercise. I've been going to the gym here lately but I might get lazy when I get to school. I'm gonna try really hard to stay motivated. I'll keep taking my centrum, biotin and b-complex for now. I would like to add some essential fatty acids to the regimen eventually. I've also been interested in all these great results people are having with MSM but I'll have to wait and see what fits in the budget

SweetNic_JA

Beana,

How does your relaxer experience at the salon differ from when your sis does it for you?

...back to the post...
I haven't planned for the fall yet. I'll most likely return to braids so I can rinse and condition more often.

aqualung

Here's the fall plan:

-I'll conditioner wash twice weekly after a.m. workouts with Clairol Renewal 5X conditioner for colored/permed hair.
-I'll detangle with Clairol Renewal 5X leave in Daily Nourishment and John Frieda Texture Correcting Serum. (Detangling easily with the above 3 products has been the hair triumph of my summer!!!)
-I'll leave in LUST or Profective Breakfree on my wet bun days.
-I'll bun more often and wear the ringlets down less often.
-I'll try Curlex semi-permanent straightener as an alternative to Affirm mild lye relaxer OR as a way to space out relaxer touch ups and trims and salon expense past 8 weeks. Tough cookies -- my stylist is hot.
-No more protein treatments! I'm anti hard hair.
-I'll clarify with Clairol Renewal 5X shampoo for colored/permed hair as needed (a couple times monthly).
-I'll continue the supplements, and increase the protein in my diet.

Wish me luck!
Meg

cutebajangirl

Starting mid october I will go back to braids in the front and the rest weaved. I really want to grow out these
bangs.

LABETT

I will be wearing braids and drawstring ponytail and trying
to extend my relaxers to 10 to twelve weeks instead of 8.

I plan to try different hair products for lanza and nexxus and add epo and msn to vitamin regimen.

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to keep it simple, something i can do out of habit. Here are a few of my changes:

Hot oil treatments using olive and castor oil weekly

Deep condition at least 1x weekly

Wear cornrows 2 weeks out of the month using my own hair.

keeping Consistent with my vitamin routine

Working out 2x's a week to stmulate hair growth, but most importantly to improve my health.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
I want to experiment with cornrows, e.g., braided bun like what Alicia Keys sports in the new photos on her website, www.aliciakeys.net:

I want to keep working out 5x/week - although when the snow hits, it will be harder to get to the gym early in the morning w/o plowed streets.

Nova

My plans are to stick to my vitamin regime daily; drink one protein shake a day; moisturize twice daily; massage nightly; try to co wash every three days (yeah, right!); drink a veggie juice daily or every other day (finally putting my new juicer I purchased last year to use!); and to eat salmon 3-4 times weekly.

I'm giving myself unitil Christmas before I gauge my results.

bellydancer

I want to try the baggie technique with the phonypony that I heard about but not until I get some reviews on those phony ponies first!!

Tracy

I'm going to do the same promising I always do in the fall and PRAY that I can stick my guns.

Products:

Lanza PP Shampoo (reg. shampoo)
Lanza DC Shampoo (clarifying)
Sebastian Moisture Base (moisture)
Nexxus Keraphix (protein)
Motions Nourish (leave in)
Infusium 23 (leave in)
Salerm Vital

These are the products I'm going to use for my rollersets.

I'm also replacing my hair shake with a bona fide protein shake to fit in with my lo carb, moderately hight protein diet, and workout 5 days a week for an hour (cardio mostly).

I am also (god HELP ME!) going to try to unofficially take the bun challenge. My hair is long enough now to take it and I have read and re-read Yvette's posts so many times that I am convinced my "slow growth" is actually just lack of protective styling in my regime. I plan to use a new discovery on my ends - Palmer's Cocoa Butter. It's nice and heavy and seems to protect well. It leavrs my hair very soft but protected - I can tell by the way my hair feels after a few days of using it. No popping in the comb. I mix it with serum to lighten it up a bit - like I do with most mositurizers. It also smells yummy and it contains most of the same kinds of ingredients that traditional hair moisturizers do.

I will be taking Hair Factors by Twinlab for aminos and all of my other vitamin needs. Just that. I may add B5 back in if I feel I need to.

FineChyna

this is a really good topic
so far what i have going since the weather has already turned chilly in upstate NY:

change my vitamin reg a bit. i still take hair skin and nail vitamins but i also decided to take their mega woman vitamins to make sure i am getting a balance in vitamins(i know i should have done that already, but i was trying to get balance through what i ate and it wasn;t working out fully)

still deep condition and using protein fortified shampoo/conditioner & cholesterol-currently waiting on my kerapro shampoo/conditioner order to come in. air drying will be hard because my apartment is very drafty

slight change in leave in conditioner. i decided to keep my hair grease to seal in my HHB moisterizer but the grease i am trying out now is called 100% hemp oil by kuza and it has more natural oils in it than the previous product i used and it smells great

i am also trying some carrot oil products and seeing if they can be use as an alternative to carols daughter HHB.

i haven't decided on another protective style. i thought about braids but i might stop short since i am seeing alot of people who have a receeding hair line from braids that are my age and younger. so that made me thing twice.

o also go back to flat ironing my hair and i also upgraded to a wider tooth comb.

sithembile

Right now I have a weave, but I'll be taking it out in 2 weeks. Then, I'll be deep conditioning once a week and maybe doing a condition wash in between. I also want to start moisturising twice daily, and I plan to stay away from heat. I want to try Profectiv breakfree, mango butter, Affirm positive link conditioner, Kemi conditioning spray, jojoba oil and Biolage leave in. I think I'll get my hair braided in december to keep it protected during winter.

A_Christian

I will try to space my relaxers farther apart, from every 8 weeks to every 12 to 14 weeks (My hair is always much thicker, longer , and stronger when I go beyond every 6-8 weeks for a relaxer)
I want to try some type of protective hairstyle
Deep Conditioning at least once a week
Finding some silk scarves to fit over the collar of my wool peacoat

Tara

I think the main thing for me will be continuing with the extensions, and to maximize results, I'm gonna give MSM another try. Hoping for a growth spurt. I feel my hair grows really slow, and then I get impatient, then I cut like 2 inches off, and get mad cuz I'm not making progress.

Yes, I am insane....so keeping these extensions keeps scissors out of my hair, and hopefully the MSM will give me that boost I need to get more inches faster.

lunalight7

I will be lining all of my hats w/ satin and grossgrain.
I will moisturize more than once a day.
I will find a phonytail that matches my highlighted hair ( a challenge!!!) so that I can have a bun as a protective style in the cold weather and for working out.
Continue to deep condition once a week.

Shinka

Goal"retain mositure

this fall I going to deep conditrioner twice week( wed, and sunday).

On those days I will pre-treat my hair with warm
1)EVOO oil and heat or
2)use a concoction I made of olive oil, cocoa butter, sesame oil, rosemary, alvocado oil and vitamin E,

then wash with CON extra moistuirzing, followed by UBH deep condtioner.The moisturize with my Lutrasilk Tea tree cholesterol for 15-30 min without heat. Then rinse with ACV.

**On the days in between I will condition wash and use my homemade leavin (of VO5 straberry and creme conditoner, mixed with oilve oil, and UBH dew twice daily
)

Hopefully this will help me retain mositure. Any suggestions for modification?

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Use more moisturizing shampoo and conditioners.
Increase my uptake in MSM and Vitamin-B complex.
Eat more healthy (a real big challenge since I'm in school *sigh*).
Protect my ends.

BTW can someone post a link on how to protect my hair during the harsh winter months? TIA

northernbelle

My number one goal for fall is to maintain consistency with my workout routine, minimize stress, and eat healthfully, as these are key to hair health and growth.

Regarding hair specifically, I will strive to deep condition and wet roller set each week. Additionally, I will strive to roller set or wrap my hair at bedtime (and not wait until I am thoroughly exhausted to do so), oil my ends nightly, and wear protective styles during the work week. Last, I will strive to protect my hair from the elements by wearing silk-lined hats.

northernbelle

SingingStar12

Today I cut about 1-2 inches off of my uneven damaged hair from my flat iron. So now that I have a clean slate, I will wear my hair up in protective styles more often. I will be consistent in my hair routine and use CON and deep condition each time I wash my hair. I will clarify every 4-6 weeks and slowly begin to wean myself off of heating appliances, or lessen the usage to 1x a week. I will keep my hair moisturized by applying a product that has water in it every two days. I will quit playing in my hair; that's one of the reasons why I cut my hair today.

Valerie

I'm thinking of colouring my hair, plus I can be trying out Hairtopia, I hope to try it for at least six months. Plus I think I will probably keep to the same style regime and rinsing more regularly.

phynestone

I am currently wearing a weave b/c it's beginning to get cooler and I want to protect my hair. I will get it redone every month until Thanksgiving. I am going to invest in vitamins from Puritan's Pride, since everyone talks about them so much and see if there's a difference between them and the ones I've been taking. I will work harder on keeping my scalp cleaner and covering my hair (even though it's weaved) with silk scarves to protect it from the wind.

ineedmoney

well this isn't offical yet but here is what i am planing to do
- keep my hair cornrowed for 2 wks at a time. take down the braids wash and deep condtion then rebraid.
-when homecoming arrives i'm gettin a trim ( I REALLY NEED ONE)
-might experiment carrot oil
-use sulfur 8 on my scalp every two nights
-continue to use my satin scarves
-continue with vitamins and add cod liver oil and calcium back into the mix
-lots of water

by the way for all those who press. how do you get moisture to your hair with out frizzing your hair. that is my main problem right now. please help

karezone

This fall I will be wearing braids off and on until I go home for Thanksgiving break. I will be spraying my hair with some braid spray and something extra just to make sure that my hair stays moisturized.

I just finished getting my braids today. The left side of my head is little sore but I am watching it closely for bumps and pulls and other things that are a warning of damage.

I plan on getting the cornrows that are in the front redone about every two-three weeks and the individual braids in the back redone about every six-eight weeks. I will try to keep keep them in until November. Size wise they are slightly smaller than a pencil.

I am happy with them and that is all that matters.

itismehmmkay

[ QUOTE ]
I will be lining all of my hats w/ satin and grossgrain.

[/ QUOTE ]

niiiiiice!

I recently posted some info on my new regimen...I should've posted it here.

Anyway, I plan to:

-start frequent rinses again
(At least every other day with Suave Tropical Coconut or Suave Humectant. I'll use Creme of Nature shampoo when I feel some build-up)

-air-dry hair in flattwists!
(this really accentuates my texturized hair)

-use heat way less often
(I'll be wearing my hair in those messy/curly updos w/ lots of clips and barrettes until my hair grows long enough for a bun. I'll only use the heat a tiny curling iron to better define my ringlets if I'm going somewhere special. If I want that ultimate blow-dry look, I'll just visit the salon. It has been confirmed sooooooo many times that I can't get that effect at home.)

-wear more hats!

-use temporary hair dye when I get bored
(There's this brand called "Beyond Zone" that I got from Sally's. It goes on like a colored gel/pommade that you can put on dry hair. It's so much fun and they have so many colors. Ya'll should try it. It shampoos out immediately!)

-be consistent w/ my vitamins
(This includes Geritol multi, GNA Ultra Nourishair, and Country Life Biotin until my Puritan Pride ships in.)

-be patient!
(sure, I want 6 inches right here, right now...but I'm trying to be patient and realistic. Even if my hair doesn't grow any faster than 1/2 inch per month, I at least know that I'll have 6 more inches by this time next year. So, by the summertime for sure, I should be able to start that bun challenge
)

cool!

kryspy