What are u planing this fall to maximize results??

G

[ QUOTE ]
beana3 said:
I'm trying to keep it simple, something i can do out of habit. Here are a few of my changes:

Relaxers done ONLY at the salon every 8-10 weeks

Hot oil treatments using olive and castor oil weekly

Deep condition at least 1x weekly (as it gets colder i cannot do the 2x's a week thing, my house doesnt retain heat well)

Wear cornrows 2 weeks out of the month using my own hair. This is the only protective style that does not pull at my scalp and eliminates breakage from styling.

keeping Consistent with my vitamin routine

Working out 2x's a week to stmulate hair growth, but most importantly to improve my health.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of water for internal health. Braids during the winter. Surge during braids and plenty of external moisture. If sleeping with a curl bag on during my braids doesn't have a negative effect on the braids, I will do that.

ms_kenesha

Henna my hair every month or every two months
Be consistent with my surging
Wear more protective styles (twists)
Drink more water
Try to get in some exercise
More scalp massages
Try not to go crazy when I'm trimming my hair

Leslie_C

Here are mine:
consistently take my vitamins
massage my scalp more
surge
protective stlyes 75% of the time(5 days a week)
relaxing every 8-12 weeks depending on how my hair acts
moisturize 2X a day
pay special attention to ends
deep condition 1-2 times a week
mild protein every other week
heavy protein every 4-6 weeks

H

HoneyRockette

Everything in my signature. Then again, I think I am going to get cornrows in September so maybe not the daily washing thing. I am notorious for changing my mind, (If I could've changed my mind about my haircut after I did it I would've
) so I guess I will see how I feel that week. Viviscal and Surge are keepers though.

P.S. What ever happened to Beana3?

luv04

well this fall meanin mid september -october i should be way past bra strap length and this friday im goinin to get cornrows and will probaly leave them in for tha remainder of tha month Aug) and get them redone in tha beg of september keep up my vitamins everyday.no heat ie blowdryer,flatirons,and at tha end of september ill be doo for a touchup after 10 weeks ill probaly have mom do it again or find a stylists jus for tu and no shs.yikesprotecive styles low bun and cornrows in tha heat.wish me luck.

carletta

I'll be giving my hair more moisture!
and....
BRAIDS ! BEACUSE I CAN'T KEEP MY DARN HANDS OUT OF MY HAIR PLAYIN WITH IT!

Tai

Come up with a more consistant regimen by deep conditioning and doing protein treatments more often.
Figuring out other protective styles besides the bun.
Focus on moisturizing my hair and minimizing potential damage at the demarcation line while transitioning.
Keeping my ends healthy and protected so I can accumulate length.
Detoxing so I get better performance from my supplements.
Curbing the PJ in me by sticking to what works and not buying new products after August (there's a few on my must try list).

Mahalialee4

My fall and winter plan:
No trimming
Homemade Henna Curl release conditioning every 2 weeks in the top half of my hair (since the back will be in braids for a month at a time) When I take the braids out for a week, I will do the henna conditioning and heavy moisturizing at the back and then put the braids back in.
Wear the back of my hair in box braids that I can braid, wear loose or in some kind of up do with a clip.
Surge daily 2x and moisturize with Biolage leave in and homemade leave in herbal spray Infusium -oil with homemade wildgrowth oil 2x week
wear the fron in bun, top, side back or tucked or in flat twists and keep saturated with moisturizers daily by using a plastic cap for deep steaming treatments (no mechanical heat) Surge the hairline 1x daily.
Use moisturizing conditioner from left over moisturizing conditioners that I have added honey, coconut milk, lecithin, liquid lanolin, avocado oil, and whipped up in a blender until it is so light and fluffy looks like dessert! leave in for one hour every three days, rinse and continue with regular moisturizing steaming treatments. Shampoo once every 2 wks. and conditioner wash 1x every week. Rinse in between when necessary to avoid buildup. Hope to gain 6" this year in front and 8 inches in the back.
Bonjour.

NaturalRox

This fall I plan on making a better effort to keep my hair covered and protected from the colder winds with scarves and hats. This coupled with protective styles should ensure a healthy head of hair going into the winter months. This will be a first for me so I'm really going to commit myself to making it happen!

Sweetyb

If I could find a good spray leave-in or moisturizer, I will definitely have to braid up my hair (finally found someone good who could hook me up) with extentions to leave my hair alone. I'm lovin' that style on Alicia Keys in the pic that was posted!

Jenai

This Fall/Late Summer I plan to:

Oil (lightly) scalp and hair length twice weekly.

Wash and deep condition weekly.

CW twice weekly as needed.

ALWAYS roller set and dry hair under hooded dryer, then doobie wrap.

ALWAYS use protective styling unless it is for a special occasion.

Moisturize and oil ends daily before wrapping hair and going to bed.

Add a B-100 Complex supplement to my diet.

Adjust my routine if my hair does not respond or if it needs some extra TLC.

Victorian

old head
Re: What are u planing this fall to maximize resul

My ultimate goal is a stress-free fall. This stress-free fall will be accomplished by adhering to the following:

*mastering a small selection of quick, low manipulation, transitioning-friendly hairstyles

*Simple wash schedule with reliable, beneficial products

*Fearless frequent trimming--If I'm trying to achieve all natural hair anyway, there's no reason to fear the scissors on my relaxed hair.

*Moisturizing from the inside out--make a habit of drinking plenty of water

*surging as part of daily routine

*Minimize product testing--I've got textbooks to buy
But I'm really planning on having my staple products in order by the time I head back to school towards the end of September. *crossing fingers*

miss_brown

- Braids from October basically through December (break for Thanksgiving and the Christmas holidays)

- Cutting my vits down to a multi, biotin, and MSM

- Putting an end to this PJ madness (I thought I was close, but sometimes Kenra MC flips on me)

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts

I think I have figured out a system that I will try to use until my birthday in mid Dec.
Trying for 3 inches more by the end of the year. (is 3"in in 5 months reasonable?)

10 steps to get beyond my usual breaking point

1. Minimize stress, adjust my reaction to stress through Prayer and Meditation
2. Find a protective style, I may try Kinky Twist Extensions
3. Fix my diet by: Drinking more water, Eating more veggies
4. Add regular exercise 3-5 days a week
5. Keep my hair moisturized & seal in moisture with products (glycerine,
shea butter, mango butter, various oils)& steam hair 2x per wk
6. Add vitamins to my routine and closely chart amounts
7. Conditioner washes 1-2x per wk, Clarifying wash 1x per month
8. Don't use any direct heat
9. Start scalp massages, to stimulate growth. Keep scalp healthy by keeping it clean and avoid scratching
10. Surge edges in front and hair in general to minimize breakage
***also stay consistant with each step***

EbonyEyes

1. Continue to wear twists 99% of the time. I will wear a twist out for a couple days before it's time to wash my hair and go back into twists.

2. Rinse my twists at least every other day and followup with Kids Organics Leave In Conditioner, concentrating on the ends. I recently discovered that rinsing actually makes my twists look better!

3. Give myself nightly scalp massages with my hot six oil (mixed with a little rosemary eo). Hopefully this will increase my growth rate but I really like the scalp massages because it helps me to fall asleep.

4. Start wearing hair scarves. Hopefully this will help me in my quest to stop pulling my twists every 2 minutes to see if my hair has grown!

5. Take Freeda Biotin (10mg), B-100 Complex, MSM (2000mg)and Calcium.

6. Do more ACV Rinses. I love them!

-Ebony