What are your cant-live-without hair products?

jennboo

I think i may have found my holy grail combination of hair products:

Water+Glycerin spray
Shea butter

(I know, I'm late)

But i was a skeptic. None of the products i tried made my hair soft to the touch. My hair may have apppeared soft because of the puffiness/cottony look, but it wasn't. I still have not found a shampoo that is exactly what i want. In terms of conditioners, r&n hair mask is in the lead with lekair cholesterol a close second.

But as a leave-in and general hair dress, that water and glycerin spray mixture sealed with shea butter is divine and leaves my hair soft and moisturized-feeling for days. Definitely a keeper. I believe my leave-in search has ended. Extra cool that these products are natural and cheap.

What are your can't-live-without-hair products? Those that yield consistently good results.

EVO, coconut oil, and shea butter. :yep: I mix it with water (rose petal scented is my fav) and add about 1 teaspoon of ACV. These are the main ingredients in my leave-in.

Coconut oil. It's the only product I've been using consistently for over a year. There are other things I love, but they haven't stood the test of time yet. But coconut oil is great for everything: prepoo, detangler, leave-in. And for conditioner, coconut cream is amazing. Basically, I love all things from coconuts.

NTM Silk Touch & Seyani Hair Butter.
Mane & Tail Detangler
My 4 staple DC's
Hawaiian Silky Lye Relaxer. :look:

the water/glycerin/condish/oils blend is all that!
garnier fructis moisture works condish & poo (use condish as leave in too)
ORS aloe shampoo (occasionally to clarify)
deity america protein treatment (moisture and protein - go figure)
shea butter (I bow down)
coconut, castor oils (use other oils too but these are staples)
I'm getting sweet on mane n tail as the first rinse out condish

sounds like a reggie, but my staples are set. I do what my hair tells me.

Last edited:
AO Conditioners, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol, Lekair Cholesterol<-----I "need" at least one of these (for moisture/detangling purposes)

HE LTR leave-in OR Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme <----- at least one (for daily moisture)

Africa's Best Herbal Oil for sealing

Burt's Bees Avocado Pre-Shampoo Treatment:lick:
EVOO/EVAO
Joico KPak
Aubrey Organics (HSR and White Camielia)
Keracare Leave in and Serum

:eye:Mine Would Be:

Henna
Indigo
Mega-Tek
A Really Good DC
A Really Good Leave In
A Couple of Oils i.e. JBCO, EVOO, EVCO, Avacado
A Couple of Butters
Fermodyl 619
Porosity Control

Pre-Poo: any Oil I can get my hands on usually EVOO (for detangling slip)

Shampoo: Trader Joe's NourishSpa

Conditioner: Trader Joe's NourishSpa, Aussie Moist

Deep Conditioner:
  • LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol <--Godsend esp with heat
  • Egg/Mayo/EVOO for Strength & Moisture
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil Hot Oil Treatment
  • 1 Whole Over Ripe Avocado with EVOO
  • 2 Garlic cloves, Egg, Mayo, 1-2 Tablespoon EVOO for reduced Shedding & Strength

Products for Moisturizing & Sealing:
If I did a natural air-dry style:
- Moisturize with Aloe, seal with Unrefined African Shea Butter, or EVOO, or BB Growth Oil
- Jut Apply Shea Butter/ EVOO alone​
When my hair is Straightened:
- Coconut Oil 1-2 Times a day <--- AMAZING so light and so moisturizing, also gives BLINGIN Shine to your hair
- Or a tiny bit of BB growth Oil to my ends​

Products for Straightening:
- IC Fantasia Aloe Moisture Liquid Leave-in
IC Fantasia Pink Bottle Heat Protectant Serum and Spray (The Spray is the TRUTH for Flat ironing it really gives you the light airy Dominican Blow-out effect)

Products for Rod-Setting/Straw Setting/ Comb Coils:
IC Fantasia Gel White for stronger hold/ Green for Medium Hold

Products for Twists/Braid-Outs:
- Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel (I usually mix it with some Shea Butter)
- My moms mixture of Shea Butter, EVOO, EVCO & Rose Oil

Products for an Afro:
I've heard great things about ORS Olive Cream Hair Moisturizer and its doing great on my natural homegirl's hair so I'll be trying that soon:yep:

I used Sunsilk Captivating Curls and it was pretty good however I'll be sticking to hommade shea mixtures and I'm really hoping that ORS Olive cream works for me:yep:

So yea.....I can't live without any of these:look: lmao!:lol:

In my defense, I just wanna say that there are alot of repeated products here:look: *cough*

Last edited:
My hair will never be caught without my homemade spritz(water, glycerine, oil & msm powder) and Burdock Root Butter cream.

Nu Ade Super Hair Oil- LOVE IT! The smell is delicious to me.

The loctician in my building gave me a free sample 4oz bottle 2yrs ago. I was hooked since day one. It's the only hair product I haven't changed in my regimen. The funny thing is it has lasted so long because the oil was super thick that I had to add coconut oil to make it easier to apply to my hair.

http://www.mynuade.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=17

Elucence MB, Clarifying and Moisture Acidifying shampoos
Motions Protein Reconstructor
Silk elements megasilk moisturizing conditioner
Salerm 21 leave in
Lacio lacio on dry hair

• Castor Oil
  • NTM Silk Touch Leave In
  • Coconut Oil/Vatika Frosting
  • John Frieda Frizz Ease or ORS Glosser
  • Pantene Conditioners

Conditioner: Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment- this has transformed my hair!

I Love Aveda Brilliant conditioner but the price wont allow me to make both a staple. The AO HSR softens well but for less$

Leave In: 1 part aloe vera gel, 1 part rosewater, 1 part vatika oil, 1 part castor oil, 1 part Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier Spray

Nasabb Unrefined Shea butter mixed with AO HSR, Vatika oil, and EVOO

Henna

Amla Powder

Megatek mixed with castor oil

Last edited:
Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave In*
NTM Silk Touch Leave In
Castor/Coconut Oil
Sulfate Free Shampoo (every once in a while)
I feel like I need to try Porosity Treatments too....gotta get my hands on some first!

Philip B Rejuvenating oil
AO HSR
Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream
Joico K-pak Liquid Reconstructor
Black Jamaican Castor and Jojoba oil
Shampoo Bar's
ACV

Back