What Discontinued Products Are You Upset About?

Ajna

Discontinued
QB amla nourishing pomade
Sweet Soul Magic - Curl Stimulator/Hello Curly Curl Stimulator Gel

Reformulated
Aubrey Organics GPB protein conditioner
Taliah waajid mist bodifier
All things Carols Daughter - that mess that is now saddens me she was the bomb way way back

JerriBlank

All essentially formula changes:

Wella keratin sp oil

Oyin Hair Dew- still use it, but it's not the same
Ditto Oyin Honey Hemp
Nubian Heritage raw shea butter daily moisture mist with frankincense and myrrh - this used to provide soooo much moisture. Can't find it anywhere since they went mainstream :sad:

Taliah Waajid- went from awesome ingredients to pure bs! She sold out :sad:

Twists n locs olive oil super medicated growth spray- I thanked the heavens when I found this! Made my hair extremely soft, no worries at all! They reformulated and it feels like water on my hair.

Senscience CPR- Ulta quit carrying it, plus they reformulated.

Of course, the Creme of Nature shampoo fiasco.

Nexxus Emergencee- reformulated and put the good stuff lower on the list.

Anita Grant products being unavailable everywhere but her website! Those shipping costs are the worst!

Herbal essences LTR conditioner: co-wash heaven, and soft, strong, breakage free hair! Smelled amazing!

This isn't my complete list.

I made a post about this in the Hair RT thread. It sucks to constantly have to start over because of products disappearing.
All of my hg products have been discontinued, or reformulated, repeatedly. Idk why it happens so much. I guess companies trying to appeal to the masses after black women switched it up. Some of us ended up being casualties to the game. Lol. I'm still miffed about some of these. They had my hair in perfect, amazing shape. Smh. To this day, I haven't found a killer combo to replicate results of those products performance. Some of the reformulations sucked so badly that I'm hoping the companies just go back to the original already! :sad:

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

Does anyone know of a BSS replacement for CON argan oil shampoo?
I don't mind spending a bit of money if it performs. As in cleanses, and doesn't strip my hair.
when did CON argan oil change? I just got some from tj maxx and I really like it.
I used to love Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair but I think it changed too..

nerdography

Dudley's Creme Press Pressing Oil. I have not been able to find a replacement for it, everything else is to greasy. And I don't want to pay $30 dollars for a odd jar that I can find on amazon or ebay.

outspokenwallflower

Mizani Moisturfusion Cleansing Oil and Intense Moisture Concentrate ampoules. I'm trying to buy as many of the boxes of each I can find, but it's pricey.

Aveda Dry Remedy reformulation... worse thing EVER. Their online reviews show that customers hate it as well. They need to go back to the old formula if they know whats good for them.

crlsweetie912

Dudley's Creme Press Pressing Oil. I have not been able to find a replacement for it, everything else is to greasy. And I don't want to pay $30 dollars for a odd jar that I can find on amazon or ebay.

I REALLY like the elasta qp version. Not greasy at all, holds curls gives shine but no waxy feel or buildup.

nerdography

Have you tried Mizani Iron Curl or Ultra Sheen Creme Press?
I've never heard of the Mizani one, I'll have to see if I can find it. Ultra Sheen is another one that I can't find locally. I might have to give in and order online.

I REALLY like the elasta qp version. Not greasy at all, holds curls gives shine but no waxy feel or buildup.

I wish I could use the Elasta QP products, they smell really good. But, they have coconut oil and my hair doesn't like coconut oil :(

crlsweetie912

I've never heard of the Mizani one, I'll have to see if I can find it. Ultra Sheen is another one that I can't find locally. I might have to give in and order online.

I wish I could use the Elasta QP products, they smell really good. But, they have coconut oil and my hair doesn't like coconut oil :(
Dang. I didn't even know that and my hair usually hates coconut oil too! Hmm, I've been using this for a really long time too.

fatimablush

Hindu Sheen- it is similar t Miss Cool from back in the day. they repackaged the product and i have a good feeling that they formula changed. Twingurl is on a buying spree to get the originals.

mz.rae

Profectiv Healthy Ends Anti-Split End and Deep Repair- This was a staple for me when I was relaxed the first time around, kept my ends in tip top shape and hardly ever needed a trim. So sad that it is gone wished I stocked up.

Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship (2008 version, before the first formula change)
Roux Porostiy Control Corrector- I don't know what they did to this product, but it is absolute GARBAGE! They put a drying Alcohol in it.
CON Argain Oil-Absolute garbage now!
Original CON Shampoo in the green bottle

I am sure there is more!

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
i don't know why companies feel the need to change formulations, plain stupid.

Many do it because:
- The price of the ingredients have increased
- Or they can no longer source the ingredients necessary
- Their 3rd party manufacturing contact is nearing its end. If they decide to move to another company, some contracts prohibit taking the current formulation with the move or it would cost too much to keep the formulation (this is common)
- The ownership of the company changes hands. New owner dictates changes for all of the reasons listed above.

Those are the most common reasons...