What do you do after clarifying?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
last night was the first time I used a clarifying shampoo. I clarified with Suave Clarifying Shampoo and then did a conditioner wash with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner.

after washing, I sprayed Surge on my scalp, Motions Nourish leave-in all over my hair, and placed ORS shea butter and Silk Elements glossing polish all over my hair. I let it airdry in a ponytail overnight.

when I woke up this morning, it was not completely dry so I blowdried my hair with a comb attachment. My hair was so dry afterwards. I tried putting more shea butter in my hair and glossing polish and it was still really dry and frizzy. I didnt have any breakage of any kind. I know I should have dried my hair a different way. I wanted to do a rollerset but was too lazy to feel like fooling with rollers.

So what do u guys do to your hair after clarifying? What all do u put in your hair when it is wet and when it is dry?

patience

I deep condition it, do a conditioner wash, apply my homemade spritz, apply my homemade hair butter, pick, brush up the edges, use a scarf to gather into a puff and go.

What did you use as a moisturizer?

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
I deep condition it, do a conditioner wash, apply my homemade spritz, apply my homemade hair butter, pick, brush up the edges, use a scarf to gather into a puff and go.

What did you use as a moisturizer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would ORS Shea Butter be a moisturizer?

Allandra

I condition after using a clarifying shampoo. I love the way the conditioner 'sinks in' after clarifying.

Isis

After clarifying, I must do a deep conditioning for 30 minutes with a cap, using a moisturizer conditioner (I use Humectress). I follow that after rinsing with my usual leave-in (Headress or Biolage) and oils.

Poohbear

The only conditioner I have is Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner. Is it a moisturizing conditioner?

Also is ORS Shea butter a good moisturizer to use afterwards? Would it be best to apply it on wet or dry hair?

Isis

I've used a Suave conditioner in the past that said "moisturizing conditioner" on the label. I've learned it's very important after clarifying that the conditioner is moisturizing and like Allandra mentioned, hair after clarifying really does absorb it well. I'm not sure about the Suave Tropical Coconut Condtioner.

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
I follow the suave daily clarifying with CON, then apply my conditioner. Sometimes, I even mix them together and dilute them in water. My hair feels clean, but not stripped. After clarifying, I love to use Kenra intensive emolient treatment to finish off, and then again a little as a leave in.

northernbelle

Poohbear,

Following a clarifying shampoo wash, I apply my trusted Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. I allow it to work for about 30 minutes, w/o heat, rinse, and then follow with my usual drying process.

I have not had any issues with my hair feeling dry.

BTW: I use Redken Cleansing Cream, which is a clarifying shampoo.

northernbelle

moneychaser

I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo then deep condition w/heat for 30 minutes

LABETT

I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo too then deep condition or a protein treatment for 20 minutes.
I then airdry my hair with Salerm 21 leave in,Surge then
spray with Sta so Fro.

Poohbear

Hmmm... I guess I will start deep conditioning or doing my protein treatment right after I clarify each month.

jrw

I use any conditioner I have. Wash that out and apply oil to my hair and air dry it. I like Suave Conconut conditioner but it might not work for your hair.

genesis

I usually follow with a moisturizing shampoo, deep condition, then follow with a moisturizing conditioner,Surge,Healthy Hair Butter and air dry. The end result for me is very moisturized hair. HTH

Devi

I deep with heat condition most of the time, if I don't I leave it in for half an hour, then I put a little razac leave in, a little coconut oil concentrated mostly on new growth and ends, then I spray s-curl and put in lots of gel or mousse and airdry.

Ayeshia

#1...If it is a typical thursday, I clarify with VO5 Kiwi n Lime Conditioner, Leave on for 5 minutes, rinse out and deep condition with Lustrasilk for 15-20 minutes.

#2 Once a month I clarify with VO5 Kiwi n Lime and do a Protein Treatment with Aubrey Organics GPB for 10 minutes.

hiza

I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo giovanni 50/50 balanced shampoo,then a protein treatment like aphogee and then I deep condition for 30-40 min with a good moisturizing condition.

Spagirl

I also follow up with a moisturizing shampoo (mostly KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo). After that I use one of my moisturizing conditioners (present favorites: Jason's Sea Kelp and Kenda MC ) with heat for at least 30 min to deep condition. On some occasions, after I rinse the deep conditioner out I follow up with another conditioner as a rinse before I finish up with a leave-in (Giovanni's direct leave-in) then an oil (WGO or Katawentz Braid Oil). My hair is then air dried.