What do you do with your hair during a bath/shower?

melissa-bee

I know it sounds like a simple silly question, but i love my hot baths and i protect my hair with a silk scarf and then wrap a towel on top. Since i'm transitioning i straighten my hair but the steam effects the edges causing it to revert; everywhere else is fine until wash day.
So are there any precautions you take if you're wearing your hair straight?

ceebee3

I just cover with a shower cap when I'm in the shower. If I'm taking a bath it's only on the weekend when I have time to stay in the tub, so I let my hair get wet.

CurlTalk

If its straightened (I'm transitioning too; almost 5 months post, btw), I wrap it up and put on a plastic cap to keep the water/steam out.

Americka

I cover it with my satin scarf and then cover it with a plastic cap. I make SURE my edges and nape are covered by the scarf. No issues with reversion when I do this.

melissa-bee

I guess i'll have to buy another shower cap then.
Anyone know of long lasting ones, that are larger than average?
The shower caps i've had before normally rip to pieces.

Esq.2B

I tie my hair up with my satin scarf and I use a plastic cap, like the cap I use for conditioning.

BostonMaria

Same answer as everyone else - a shower cap

I have to take a quick shower when my hair is straight. I can't lay down and take a bath or my hair will most likely get ruined.

dlewis

I take a bath mostly. I just twist it up and pin it. When I shower I cover it with a showercap if I'm wearing it straight, which is not often.

BlackMasterPiece

When pressed: Keep my satin scarf on and put my shower cap over it, If I really wanna be sure my edges dont revert I'll tie an extra folded scarf around my hairline, and get to showering!

When in an airdried natural style: Just a showercap will do:yep:

Marhia

Most of the time I have on my satin scarf or bonnet, I love hot showers so I have to stay covered up

sunnieb

I like to take advantage of the "free" steam so I always moisturize my hair with carrot oil right before taking a shower/bath. Then I put it up in a loose bun and jump right in - no shower cap, no scarf. The steam does wonders! When I get out. I rub about a dime sized amount of NTM silk touch leave in throughout and tie down with my silk scarf. My hair stays straight even when I'm stretching my relaxers.

CarolinaGal

I guess i'll have to buy another shower cap then.
Anyone know of long lasting ones, that are larger than average?
The shower caps i've had before normally rip to pieces.

http://reviews.avon.com/5588/34096/reviews.htm

My fave shower cap of all time is the one by Avon in the link above. It runs for $1.99 and lasts forever. It is made of thick plastic and has a nice, wide band to keep the cap flat to your head around the perimeter. I had to guard mine b/c my Mom was always trying to run off with my good shower cap every time she came to visit. :lachen:Thankfully, they are being offered in the current campaign so she was able to order her own...

hillytmj

I put mine in a bun and then put on a showercap. I also remove the cap immediately after I get out of the shower so water won't seep in.

Heavenly

I put my hair in a bun and cover with a scarfe. When its due for it's weekly wash, I don't cover at all the night before. Just clip up and jump in!