What do you do with your hair on vacation?

MCourtney

:drunk:

Hello Ladies,

My name is Courtney. I'm glad to have found this board because I am striving to take better care of my hair. This site is a little overwhelming and I've got a lot to learn but for now my question is ......What do you do with your hair when you go on vacation? I'm going on vacation in less than 3 weeks and it may get wet a few times. I usually relax after 6 or so weeks, but it wont be time for one til a week or so after I return.

I always wear it slicked back in a ponytail or washn'go. I don't like to deal with my hair on vacation. I do admire my friends that always keep their hair tight on vacations though. Some of them have nice weaves or just don't let their hair get wet etc... Others spend the time during vacation to do their hair. I guess the choice is yours. Simple is best for me.

Welcome, MCourtney!!

While vacationing in Jamaica, I saturated my hair w/conditioner before swimming, afterwards I rinsed well w/fresh water and brought along Pantene Breakage Defense Mask for deep conditioning. It works really well when stretching and kinda lays new growth down.

I airdried in a ponytail, and wore twistouts and buns. :yep:

Braidouts are my vacation hairstyle - especially if it's hot and I'm in the water. I love being able to do a quick co-wash or even rinse while it's in braids/plaits after a day in the sun.

I usually wear twistouts, braidouts or airdried ponytails. I don't like to fuss over my hair while on vacation.

Back