What do you have planned for your next shampoo?

vevster

I plan to use the following products:

L'lanza shampoo
Cathy Howse Conditioner(trying this for the first time...)
Elucence Leave in

Avenda Emollient /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aveda Curessence Shampoo
Aveda Curessence Protein Treatment
L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

How do you like the Aveda Emollient? How does it compare to Biosilk Silk Therapy, if you've used that?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
How do you like the Aveda Emollient? How does it compare to Biosilk Silk Therapy, if you've used that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first off it smells heavenly /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I prefer it to biosilk because the biosilk separates in the bottle -- it doesn't have a long shelf life. I have had this emollient for ever and it is still great. It will prob last me for ever too....

I love Aveda. Is the emoillent a leave-in? I have the Daily leave-in Elixer. When I have the money I but the Sapp Moss shampoo and alternate it with Elucence.
My next shampoo will use Elucence shampoo and conditioner(I'm gonna try one of those self warming conditioner caps) and I'm back with my Lottabody Cream for wrapping and setting and my pomade. I tried something different last week and I didn't like the way my rollerset turned out.

I plan on starting back on the Biostrand products so I will be doing this:

STEP 1:The shampoo - Clinsme. The directions said to shampoo 3xs and I was wondering if that was just a way to use up the 'poo faster; I'll only be repeating twice.
STEP 2: The conditioner - Cortephx. This is a good creamy conditioner. The directions say that after normal shampoo use w/ a plastic cap (warm dryer is optional) for 10-20 min for normal hair 30 min for damaged hair. I will be using it for 30 minutes w/o the dryer.
STEP 3: Phorme - Conditioning/Moisturizing &amp; styling mist. This is like a creamy leave-in that comes in a pump. I will mist phorme into my hair and either rollerset or wrap.
STEP 4: FINE - Light moisturizing &amp; strengthening polish. I will apply this to my hair after taking down my rollers or wrap.

The next time I do the BIOSTRAND I'll be applying the Structerin I'm not using it for the first wash because the directions say it works better on hair that's previously been treated with BIOSTRAND.
STEP 2.1: Structurein - hair strengthening formula. (APPLY CORTEPHX AT THE SCALP AND STRUCTUREIN TO THE HAIR)
1. Follow normal biostrand procedures, do not rinse cortephx. Gently detangle using a large comb, leave hair as smooth and moist as possible. 2. Apply structurein in small amoutns (in thinlayers) from the scalp, out to the ends of the hair using fingers keeping palms open. Apply more if needed. 3. Cover with a plastic cap (for recommended time) &amp; rinse immediately. A. after 3 mins. on naturally straight to naturally wavy hair. B. After 5 mins. on over curly and or chemically damaged hair of any texture. (OR AFTER RELAXER TREATMENT) Rinse well using warm water.

Well the plan is to start with a hot oil treatment. Hopefully with my new homemade super essential oil concoction if it's here by Friday. If not it will be Hot Six Oil and the Glovers Ointment on my scalp.

My shampoo will be with Keracare Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo.
I will deep condition with Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Moisturizing conditioner.
Then I will spray my braids with both the Fantasia Leave-In as well as their Hair Strengthener (which smells SO good!)
Finally I will treat my scalp with NX3.

This is what I will be trying today:

-Creme of Nature Shampoo
-Mizani Moisturefuse (sp?) Conditioner
-Leave in Conditioner (I think it is that knockoff Sallys brand, I bought this a few months ago, trying to use it all up until I get the arosci leave in)

Hey Vevster, how did you like the Cathy Howse conditioner?

On Saturday, I tried some new products and experienced very little breakage, so I am going to stick with those (desperately trying to fight the PJism..which is so hard after reading stuff from you all).../images/graemlins/grin.gif

Preshampoo treatment: honey and olive oil
Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Motions Moisture Plus conditioner (for 30 min under dryer)
Rollerset with Infusium 23 and sit under a hooded dryer

Mizani Botanifying shampoo
UBH conditioner by Cathy Howes
Mizani Moisturfuse
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

preshamp mix of olive oil and codit w/ plastic cap on damp hair for 30mins
creme of nature shamp 2x
very mild ACV rinse (haven't done this in a while)
ORS deep condit 1hr w/heat and 1hr-??? w/o
WGO leave in OR africa's best organics leave in(darn the pjism)

Tomorrow after I work out (tae bo!)

hot oil treatment with extra virgin olive oil
shampoo with cream of nature shampoo
Motions CPR leave in for 1/2 hour. Rinse

Braid out.

Can't wait!

I am in the process of conditioning right now and this is what I did. (Yikes!) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Pre-Treatment:
Avocado oil, rosemary oil, and olive oil. (I left this on while I exercised.)

Washed:
Cream of Nature with a couple of drops of rosemary oil

Conditioner: (Here's where things get crazy)
I am trying this homemade recipe of avocado and honey cause I thought it would be really fun. Anwyay, I halved the ripened avocado and mashed it into a bowl with 4 tablespoons of honey. I then put it in my hair and set under the dryer for 20 minutes. I am about to rinse it out now. The problem is that there are small pieces of avocado that I could not entirely mash so now they may be stuck in my hair which is going to require that I rinse FOREVER. (Yes, it is going to be a long night.)

Leave-In Conditioner:
Jojoba Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Kiehl's Silk Cream

I will wrap my hair using a quarter size drop of Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade and then sit under the dryer for the next 60 minutes.

I will take down the wrap, frown, and then re-wrap my hair and place my satin scarf on my head. Say a prayer and then go to sleep.

Shampoo with Jason jojoba shampoo
Condition with LUST
Do a pony tail with a roller on the end - using Biolage leave in,Profectiv breakfree and Loreal smooth intense serum

I'll wash with Optimum care shampoo. Condition with LeKair Cholesterol. Put in Humectress as a leave-in and spray my hair with a mix of distilled water, evoo, and jojoba oil. I'm trying to simplify my regimen
smile.gif

@ 13 weeks post-relaxer, i will:
1. preshampoo with warmed olive oil.
2. clarify with Brentwood Salon Care Honey &amp; Almonds Conditioner mixed with lemon juice.
3. deep condition with Salerm Wheat Germ Mask and rinse with distilled water.
4. use Motions Nourish Leave in all over and Proclaim Glossing Polish on the ends only before rollersetting on gray and purple rollers.

I'm a week post touchup, so the going's easy.

Shampoo &amp; cond: CON ultra-moisturizing
Detangle: diluted Sta-Sof-Fro and/or Pantene detangle
Style: Vaseline for braided bun, Surge on the scalp

Next shampoo, I will either no poo or use whatever I have left in my trunk, condition with Hydrating curls. roller set using red and teal rollers, my own leave in, olive oil, proclaim polish on the ends, and elasta QP design foam.

I had good success with my sample of Giovanni Direct Leavin so I think I'm gonna buy some and do the following.

Keracare Shampoo
Keracare Humecto
Giovanni Direct Leavin.

Pre shampoo treatment w/ cholestrol
Shampoo w/ Shanman Peppermint &amp; Mango Shampoo
Deep Condition w/Elucence
Air dry

Lustrasilk Herbal cholesterolconditioner
Creme of nature shampoo
Kids organics hair nutrition
pantene light spray conditioner

Last night I shampooed with Neutrogena Healthy Scalp and Coco and Almond Moisturizing Shampoo by Soft and Beautiful.
Conditioned with Avocado oil and Africa's Best Cholesterol conditioner. Leave in: Hair Insurance by Aussie. Air dried with WGO and S-curl on the ends. Pony tail method.

On Sunday after aerobics class I will:

Pre-condit. w/ Mizani Moisturefuse and avocado oil (I really like these! Allows me to detangle before I shampoo)
Clarify w/ AO Swimmers (it wont lather)
Shampoo w/ AO Sea Buckthorn and Egg (lather)
GPB for 3 to 5 mins in shower w/ plastic cap
UAN's Crema OR Revlon Porosity Control (I dont really know how or when to use this so Im just gonna wing it...)
Final rinse w/ Nexxus Ensure (to close cuticle)
Salerm 21 Silk Protein Leave-In (just bought today and cant wait to try on wet hair), Surge 14 on temples, cocnut oil on ends, airdry loose until damp, then detangle, then loose ponytail, then satin scarf.

On Friday I will:

Shampoo with Creme of Nature Shampoo (For dry, brittle, color treated hair)

Condition with Nexxus Humectress (Under the dryer)

Use Infusium21 Moisturing Leave-in mixed with 1 oz. of Aubrey Organics 100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel
and Nexxus Headress Leave-in prior to my roller set

Moisturize my ends with Clairol's Vitapointe Hair Creme

For shine I'll apply some Razac Hair Gloss (2-4 drops)

**I must try the Giovanni Direct Leave-in once I finish up my current leave-in conditioners**

I plan to Shampoo with Lanza Protein Plus Shampoo.
Deep condition with Salerm Wheat Germ Conditioner
Use Salerm 21 Protein Leave-in condtioner
Surge Scalp
Rollerset with Lottabody Creme Lotion
Apply Lotion Motion #9 to hair and scalp.

preshampoo with the dakbur v oil stuff
wash with doo gro and elasta qp creme conitioning shampoo
condition with keraphix, the cholesterol and finally humectress
air dry in a wrap

Back