Emergencee????

BronxDiva

Hi /images/graemlins/smile.gif,
I am trying to get a regimin in order. These are the products that I have:
Botanoil shampoo, Aveda Sap Moss shampoo, KerapHix conditioner, Emergencee reconstructor, Therapppe shampoo, Humectress, Aveda Almond Bark Conditioner, Vitatress Biotin creme, Cathy Howse Moisture Dew and her conditioner. Whew /images/graemlins/tongue.gif!
Does anyone know how often I should use each of these products? Also how often should I use Emergencee? Thanks in advance for any advice given /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pebbles

Hi BronxDiva,
I haven't used all the products you listed, but I have used some.
-The Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo can be used every day, that's how mild it is.
-The Keraphix and Emergencee reconstructor should be used only once a month. They are protein reconstructors, so you can't use them often. You can alternate them every month if you like.
- Humectress you can use after every wash. You can also use a very small amount as hairdressing cream.
-Cathy Howes Moisture Dew is every day, as often as you like. ( I love that stuff!)
-Cathy Howes conditioner can be used as a deep conditioner after every wash. (Cathy Howes uses this as her weekly deep conditioner.) I used it 2x a week for 2 months straight and it did wonders for my hair. It is not a reconstructor. I emailed her about it and she suggests Aphogee if your hair is damaged and needs a reconstructor.

As for the other products, I haven't used them. I'm sure some one else can help you with those.

Hope that helped! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BronxDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Cathy Howes conditioner can be used as a deep conditioner after every wash. (Cathy Howes uses this as her weekly deep conditioner.) I used it 2x a week for 2 months straight and it did wonders for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again you came to the rescue....
I do have questions though. The condtioner seems kind of thick do you add anything to it? What do you put it in after it?
Also with Emergencee do you

NayNay

Bronxdiva,
Glad you have found your STAPLE of products-still working on mine /images/graemlins/blush.gif
I use the Emergencee reconstructor-only when I have breakage or maybe after a relaxer as hair protection. Some people do not like using it because it is very strong and if it is not rinsed completely it can cause damage. Make sure you Moisturize afterwards-it is drying, but I like it and it does help. Tracy from NY uses it as well.
Good Luck

BronxDiva

Thank NayNay /images/graemlins/smile.gif. That is what I am scared of it says to rinse for five minutes but I dont know if I should rinse with cold or warm water? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Miss Montserrat

Rinse it out with warm water. The only time it causes damage is if you try to rake a come through you hair without properly moisturizing it or when its used in over abundance.
Vitatress didnt really do anything for me and the guy at Parkchester Beauty trys to sell it to everyone. I think Nexxus is great but I'm biased because they werent designed for our hair so you MAY not get the deep conditioning that black hair needs. Remember, most of us have relaxers and need a little extra care. However, its a great line when you need a little moisture.

pebbles

Hi BronxDiva,

Though it's thick, sometimes, don't add anything to it. It doesn't go on thick.Just massage it into your hair to the ends and cover with a plastic cap. Sit under heat for 15-20 minutes. Then be sure to rinse it out well. I usually follow this up with Humectress or Moisturfuse for 10 minutes with low heat to moisturize and soften my hair. Works great. Then after rinsing that out, I spray the dew in my hair and let it dry. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BronxDiva

So after using emergencee based upon the conditioners I have which moisturizer should I use? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

NayNay

Try the Humectress after the Emergencee. I also use the Mizani after it and it does well also. What I usually do is get in the shower and rinse the Emergencee (it is very sticky) until I don't feel it anymore. Keep standing in the water wash up and rinse my hair again and then add a moisturizing conditioner. I can tell by FEEL when the product is out. It works best for me right after a relaxer!

BronxDiva

Thanks Pebbles, Ms. Monserrat and NayNay /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Do any of you know how often should you use emergencee?

NayNay

I use it maybe at most 2 times per a 3 month period-right after a relaxer is one use and another if I experience shedding. I used it recently (it is drying to the hair-straight protein) a couple of weeks ago thinking my hair was shedding due to a need for a touch up when it related to dryness) and it wasn't its best performance since my hair was already dry, but it didn't CAUSE any breakage when I used it. I purchased a little bottle this summer (August) and I STILL have that bottle!

BronxDiva

My bottle cost $14 for 3.3 oz. so I am going to have to make it stretch. After using this would I be able to use a conditoner like the almond bark, by Aveda or Redken all soft, next week? I am confused about which conditioners are protein and which are moisturizers.

nita4

I use my products in this order: Use a moisturizing shampoo twice a week (Therappe or other shampoo). Follow with a moisturizing conditioner (Humectress or other) with or without heat for 15 to 30 minutes. I use a protein conditioner(Keraphix or other) every forth week. I use reconstructors (Emergencee or other) after every relaxer and/or when experiencing breakage. Always follow with a moisturizing conditioner. I use a moisturizer daily (Dew) and follow with some sort of creme or oil to lock in the moisture. Hope that helps.

pebbles

I use the Emergencee once a month. I don't use protein conditioners more than that. After the Emergencee use the Humectress for 15-20 minutes with or without heat. ( I like it with heat.) That should leave your hair nice and soft. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Miss Montserrat

Emergencee and Keraphix are too different products.
For the conditioner I happen to like Moist by Aussie. The comb just glides though my hair. I NEVER have to struggle with it.

pebbles

Hi Bronxdiva,

Emergencee and Keraphix are two different products, but they are both protein reconstructors.

nita4

You are welcome. No, haven't used any Aveda products yet. I'm using all Nexxus/Dudley products right now until I grow out my no-lye underprocessed hair. Then I will give other products a try. Always looking for a cheaper alternative that is just as good.