What do you think is the best hair length and why?

What do YOU think is the best hair length?

• Ear Length or shorter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neck Length

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Shoulder Length

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Armpit Length

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • Bra Strap Length

Votes: 55 22.5%
  • Middle Back Length

Votes: 87 35.7%
  • Waist Length

Votes: 61 25.0%
  • Hip Length and beyond

Votes: 20 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really think WL is the best, it's extremely feminine and versatile. I really think some lengths on certain people tend to look ragged and tired when too long. My goal is definitely somewhere between WL and TBL so when I reach WL again, I'll have to monitor my hair to see what length I like it at.

My initial goal was BSL, then WL, but I recently got to APL and fell in love. Since I'm natural, my new goal is APL unstretched (I have some heat damage that I just cut, so I'm back to EL unstretched).

While lovely, I can imagine hair longer than that being a bit of a pain, especially since I don't plan to wear my hair heat straightened.

voted hl & beyond because i have so much shrinkage. i'm inching closer to wl & my hair still looks sl & above sl.

Aggie said:
I like APL hair and it feels good but I was grazing BSL as well and I have to honest, I :love: BSL hair - just the feel of it touching and flowing down my back was simply, for lack of a better word, orgasmic:grin:.

You just had to rub it in didn't you?

hip. i say that because im natural and i need my hair super long straight so that it hangs the way i want in its natural state.

I'd have to say grazing bsl to bsl and APL in the front. I have a small head so too much hair would make my head look like . This big

Between BSL and MBL probably closer to BSL simply because I still like wearing weaves and it would be easier to achieve those styles with shorter hair.

I voted shoulder length because that's the length I've been able to get, anything else I don't know about so I can't comment. My hope is to get to probably arm pit length, I'll be happy with that.

I would like Waist to hip length curly, because I am natural.
The longer it gets, the easier it is to create beautiful hairstyles.

It's hard to decide. Waist length hair is beautiful, but it's a lot of hair to handle and manage. Bra strap and MBL still give you length and it seems a little easier to handle. So, I guess I still haven't really picked one huh? :lol:

I love to see a beautiful head of full shoulder length hair, it looks so chic. Most people aren't able to achieve this awesome bob. Full Arm pit length looks so long and sexy to me, but still classy. These are my favorite two lengths.

ETA: My Shoulder length Fro is a quite a head turner, I can only imagine what an APL Fro would be like, :blush:

Last edited:
I am growing my hair as long as possible, but just to debunk myths, not because I think it will look better. I am really past the whip my hair stage of life. I did that. I am at the bun or TWA beating people with my wig stage of life.

My guess is a hip length bun is just as easy to care for as a APL one. Hope to find out one day. Again I am growing to the floor if possible just to be one of the 100% African American, two black parents, not mixed, nappy headed, destroying the myth that my kinky textured hair is hard to take care of or grow. I think a SL bob is the hottest style. Just saw an APL bob, it was sexy. But the SL bob is sleek.

Back