What do you use on your New growth?

sassyhair

I would like to hear what you ladies use on your newgrowth to make it easier to comb through, especially while wearing straight styles. I have started moisturizing and rolling on satin covered rollers everynight but my new growth is becoming a problem. I was thinking of while parting my hair to roll after I moisturize my ends to spray my roots with s-curl or something like that. But my roots are a problem when I try to part my hair to roll. What can be done before I start combing through and parting?

This is what I did...

Coated my hair with leave-in and shuffled it through my hair
Combed my hair and proceeded to part
Parted my hair and oiled it with mtg and wgo mix
Proceeded to part to roll my hair
Distributed leave-in on hair to be rolled
Coated ends with moisturizer
Rolled hair until whole head was rolled

sassyhair said:
I would like to hear what you ladies use on your newgrowth to make it easier to comb through, especially while wearing straight styles. I have started moisturizing and rolling on satin covered rollers everynight but my new growth is becoming a problem. I was thinking of while parting my hair to roll after I moisturize my ends to spray my roots with s-curl or something like that. But my roots are a problem when I try to part my hair to roll. What can be done before I start combing through and parting?

This is what I did...

Coated my hair with leave-in and shuffled it through my hair
Combed my hair and proceeded to part
Parted my hair and oiled it with mtg and wgo mix
Proceeded to part to roll my hair
Distributed leave-in on hair to be rolled
Coated ends with moisturizer
Rolled hair until whole head was rolled

Do you make your own satin covered rollers or did you purchase them somewhere?

Hi. I just tried the Coconut Milk and Lime recipe mentioned several times on LHCF. It really worked for me! I am 13 weeks post relaxer!!! I have THICK 4a hair with a crown that is super dense and tangly!! I mixed a can of coconut milk and one lime together. I left in in the fridge for like 1 hour then applied it to my roots like a relaxer. I put on a plastic cap for 30 minutes then washed my hair as usual. I couldn't believe how manageable it made my hair. I was able to do a great twistout.

Caveat: It feels a bit drying so be sure to only put on roots and use a good moisturizing conditioner after washing. Right now I'm crazy about Garnier Fructis Sleek and Smooth leave in and coconut oil.

Also, I know that regular old milk has a similar effect on roots. Once I poured about a cup on my head then used a plastic cap then washed as usual. It also flattens out roots.

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Do you make your own satin covered rollers or did you purchase them somewhere?

I bought mine from walgreens, they came about 12 in a pack I only have 9 now I am always losing peice to things...anyway they are made by hype hair.

rocky said:
Hi. I just tried the Coconut Milk and Lime recipe mentioned several times on LHCF. It really worked for me! I am 13 weeks post relaxer!!! I have THICK 4a hair with a crown that is super dense and tangly!! I mixed a can of coconut milk and one lime together. I left in in the fridge for like 1 hour then applied it to my roots like a relaxer. I put on a plastic cap for 30 minutes then washed my hair as usual. I couldn't believe how manageable it made my hair. I was able to do a great twistout.

Caveat: It feels a bit drying so be sure to only put on roots and use a good moisturizing conditioner after washing. Right now I'm crazy about Garnier Fructis Sleek and Smooth leave in and coconut oil.

Also, I know that regular old milk has a similar effect on roots. Once I poured about a cup on my head then used a plastic cap then washed as usual. It also flattens out roots.

Do you use anything on a daily basis on your roots I would like to avoid washing as much as possible, and I dont have that much new growth maybe a half inch.

I use Phyto's "grease" since I have a Phyto relaxer. I really like this one because it's very light. But I also LOVE Wild Growth Hair Oil, purchased at Sally's.

Mango butter by Elasta QP when I had length to my hair. I stretched for 6 months with that stuff (worked well).

Thanks for posting this. I'll be doing my first stretch in a few weeks so I needed to know this. Also, can satin rollers be used on wet hair. I'm thinking about roller setting my hair until its dry and then wrapping it for a smoothing effect.

Yay! I am so psyched to read these reviews about WGO softening new growth. I used to use S-Curl when I would co-wash like mad all the time and never use heat, but now that I am washing less and heat styling, the S-Curl doesn't quite fit into my updated reggie. I can't wait to try the WGO on my new growth next wash. :yay:

Thanks for the suggestions I have som WGO mixed with mtg, didnt do the job maybe I need to try again with the regular wgo, I used it when I was natural and it was ok on wet hair buy did not do what it did on wet hair on my dry hair.

-I have not used the satin rollers on wet hair and I wouldnt because it would take forever to dry and they are satin covered sponge rollers so doesnt sound like a good idea.

Back