What has this board done for you lately?

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Janet Jackson asked in her song, what have you done for me lately? I can't answer her question. What I have an answer to, is what this board has done for me lately.
Thanks to you guys, I am the proud owner of thick lush beautiful hair and I strongly believe my goal of waist length mane is possible /images/graemlins/drunk.gif.
Please share your good fortune. Ladies, what has this board done for you lately.
Sorry no pix yet. I need me a camera

alireno

Since I registered here, I have started taking 5 mg of biotin daily, washing my hair every 3 days instead of once a week, wearing my hair up so it does not touch my clothes, and using sulfate free shampoo. I am very thankful for all of the great advice you all provide. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

moni

Well I recently got a perm this past saturday, (first one of the new year since the last one was in Dec. ) and boy was the lady whom I go to to get my relaxers done impressed. She didn't have to hardly cut any hair and it grew a lot and she just kept going on and on about how good I kept it up. I'm so pleased and happy. And it's all because I have gotten great info. from this board. I can't wait until my next relaxer in april. So to answer your question the board has allowed me to retain healthy ends while growing out more hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Merci beaucoup mes amies!!!! oops...mon ami pour m'sieur dimopolos. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

NAY007

Although I have to say that I was always into hair and also haircare I'm sooo glad that I'm a member here. Thanks to this board I started taking vitamins again (hope my skin won't break out), I do my hotoil treatments more regularly, I started sleeping on a satin pillow case, I think that Infusium leave in is amazing ( I guess I lied on the other thread about not giving it another try ever again. I did buy it again and now I'm in love with it).
And on top of it all this board really keeps you motivated like nothing else.
Thanks everybody,
Nay /images/graemlins/clap.gif.

Leshia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
myhairsos said:
Janet Jackson asked in her song, what have you done for me lately? I can't answer her question. What I have an answer to, is what this board has done for me lately.
Thanks to you guys, I am the proud owner of thick lush beautiful hair and I strongly believe my goal of waist length mane is possible /images/graemlins/drunk.gif.
Please share your good fortune. Ladies, what has this board done for you lately.
Sorry no pix yet. I need me a camera

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't even begin to pinpoint anything specific. It's just amazing....I've learned about HAIR from this board. Mine is quickly approaching my back and beyond and I just can't even fathom how everyone became so knowledgable. What a blessing...

Titansgirl

/images/graemlins/grin.gif This board has helped me w/ my little girl's hair. She is so happy w/ thick, soft, and manageable hair!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif In Oct 02, her hair was just above her shoulders. Well, it is now pass her shoulders!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I love this board. It has been an inspiration to me /images/graemlins/drunk.gif Thanks everyone.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sweetcocoa

I've learned so much from everyone here!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
And I'm still learning. You all have kept me from making mistakes that would have been really hard on my hair...plus even though I'm a PJ at heart... sometimes coming here stops me from running out and buying the lastest 'fix' cause you all give me the 'real' pros and cons. Then I can make my own decision about wether or not ot buy it.

LondonDiva

The ladies on the board have helped me achieve what I never even though possible with my hair. Not matter how silly or small each person that takes the time to answer actually has a interest in genuinely helping me and the other ladies out. This is a blessing as these days we as women of colour don't get a good rep with being helpful to one another. This board has been my hair's saving grace. It's past my shoulders now and I never thought that waist length was even possible but now I know it's very achieveable with the haird work and effort.

Everyday is a new learning experience whether it be about hair or on the OT board.

I just want to thank EVERYBODY that's answered a question, big or small for me, which has helped me just that little bit more on my hair journey.

I'd also like to thank the Academy. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nita4

This board and advice given has helped me keep my hair in my head. /images/graemlins/smile.gif You all have stopped me from doing damage to my hair when I wanted to "experiment". /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Also, you has helped me to ignore those with no hair knowledge who constantly tell me
"girl, you need to do something with your hair." My hair is fine, thank you!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Two phrases that always come to mind when I want to do something stupid to my hair are "don't do something that you may regret (Sweetcocoa) and avoid any setbacks (Adrienne). Thanks ladies. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Armyqt

This board has completely changed the way I care for my hair. I've gotten so much advice and support from many here and I thank everyone for that. I am very inspired by all the beautiful heads of hair I see on this board! More than anything else, I love the comraderie! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lately, what this board's done for me is: Help me incorporate the ACV rinse into my routine, be consistent with my vitamins and doing more rollersets!! Thanks to everyone for the support!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

marabou1

Hello Ladies:

When I was told of this place, I thought to myself, "what more can I learn about hair that I haven't already learned from Cathy Howse and Carolyn Gray"? Boy was I wrong!

This site is truly a blessing to me! I love all of you!

I've learned so much, but what I've really benefited from was the ACV rinses as well as the Scurl moisturizer. I can't wait for the day I finally post my pics.

Thanks again ladies and good luck to you all!

daviine

Well Diva---I want to thank you AGAIN on behalf of my sister for sharing your relaxing tips. She was really very happy and maybe by the time she gets here she might be good enough to do mine. If not, I'll just wait for you to hook me up!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LondonDiva

Daviine,

I'm very glad your sister had good results with her hair. Dang, who would've thought a few step by step instructions written on the internet and someone was successfully able to touch up their own hair. No wonder the hairdressers are running scared.

OnlyErin

This board has made me knowledgeable. I now understand how I could think I was doing right by my hair by getting it washed every two weeks, flatironed and blown dry, but still see little growth. I now know why my hair tangled and matted when I piled it on top of my head like in the commercials to wash it. I understand why seams are bad in combs, and how to properly detangle, the horrors of sulfates, AND, my personal favorite, to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize, esp. after a protein treatment. I did a deep-condiitoning protein treatment last night, and in the days before this board, I would have simply washed the treatment out, spritzed some Infusium in my hair, let it dry and wonder why I had all these little matchsticks of broken hair on my shoulders. Now my hair is bouncy and shiny because I know what the deal is. I love this place! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

skegeesmb

This board has given me inspiration, and new internet buddies. Nothing keeps me more motivated than ladies who are doing the same thing I'm doing. Also I have no outlet to really talk about my hair without being looked upon as crazy. So LHCF provides me with that.

I was really always into haircare, but I would have never been turned on to the cream wrap if I hadn't come here! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

beana3

I'm soo happy this board exists! I've received all kinds of useful info. I know about product ingredients (who they are, and what they do). I receive great product recs and most of all the ladies here are not stingy when it comes to hair info!!!
Plus the atmosphere is very nice.. which means a lot. I love it here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

UmSumayyah

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
skegeesmb said:
Also I have no outlet to really talk about my hair without being looked upon as crazy. So LHCF provides me with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

--I second and third that! I try to talk hair a little with other pp. but no one's interested.
Also, S-curl and apple cider vinegar-- yeah baby! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Touch-up tips-- plan on doing my own Saturday (if I can wait that long. I'm so eager to see how I do that I want to do it nownownow but I rubbed my scalp yestiddy so I HAVE to wait)/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Also I looooooooooooove the atmosphere here, especially that pp. with natural textures and relaxed hair share tips, support, and encouragement, giving each other zero attitude about their hair choices. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
It has also taught me to pay a lil more attention to my daughters (3a/b) hair. before it was wash, condition and infusium. Now she also gets a spritz of S-curl and oil on her ends. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Honi

There is no board.
I have always been into hair care. Creme of nature of cholesterol were staples in my hair care regime. I used nothing else because I was so close minded and scared to try new things. Not only that all the moisture I spent putting in I would zap right out with the hottest blow dryer to get it straight...NOT! I also thought I had to stay away from protein conditioners because it made my hair tangly. I didn't know you should use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards! DUH! Secondly, I have tried new things that have really been beneficial for me because of the board and others like it such as Elucence (what a GOD send).

Lastly, I just love the sistahood up in heah, up in heah! I think it's quite refreshing that we are not hating on each other but are really trying to help one another achieve goals. &lt;sniff, sniff&gt; I'm gettin all weepy just thinkin about it. Would ya'll please excuse? I gotta blow my nose!

mahogani

I've always been into hair care i guess that's why i'm proud to be a PJ. I learned so much from this forum and i look forward to logging on to find out more interesting info daily, the women on this board are so friendly and i'm glad to see that we help out one another to reach our goals. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

honeycomb719

I can't say enough about what this board has done for me. The ladies here are so nice and don't make you feel bad about asking silly questions that I should already know. I get my daily dose of motivation when I visit this board. Even if I don't have a question or concern about my hair I check in daily just to make sure this place still exist /images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't know what I would do w/out you guys /images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm on the road to healthy, strong, long hair and you all are to thank for that /images/graemlins/clap.gif I can't wait until I have some pics I can show off, so you all can give yourself a pat on the back, and say I had something to do with that(i'm getting emotional now) /images/graemlins/cry3.gif I also love the atmosphere here. In one way or another where all connected, with our hopes and desires for long healthy hair. This sites a god send /images/graemlins/angel.gif

Thanx ladies /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue">This hair board keeps me going. When i'm having a bad hair day i know i can find a post to make me smile or encourage me to hang in there. I don't have a sister but I feel like I have people to turn too to ask for advice. Plus i love the fact that we are all hair obsessed and here I can just come out of the closet! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I don't always post but i just wanta thank the ladies that do post all the time. Thanks your words help me tons! /images/graemlins/grin.gif </font>

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Davine,
Could you please direct me to Diva's relaxing tip that you're refering to. I also do my touch ups myself and seek improvements to my style.
Thanks a lot.

Paris Belle

This board has not only been an outlet to talk about hair care because so many people I know are uninterested.. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I am also grateful that I can share my worries/concerns and gain knowledge from others. I also like to share any knowledge that I have with others. Being here has taught me a lot about products I'd never heard of before, how-to-use certain products (conditioners, essential oils etc.) and the importance of a solid regime because I really thought I had a regime although I was switching around too much. I must say that I'm really glad I joined. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mahalialee4

LondonDiva: I must have been asleep. You got "past the shoulder mark"...I am so happy for you. I can remember you talking about getting to shoulder length and how happy you would be. Sorry I missed that party...but belated CONGRATULATIONS. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Bonjour

Mahalialee4

Thank you for all the /images/graemlins/smile.gif; /images/graemlins/smile.gif; and /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Some times you ladies have me /images/graemlins/drunk.gif. And when I am feeling a little /images/graemlins/crazy.gif and have a lot of /images/graemlins/confused.gif; you are so nice about it, and I have learned so much and so much of what I am doing and trying to achieve has been confirmed by others. I am really /images/graemlins/grin.gif to see the progress of others and it really lights a fire under me to stay focused, consistent and take those blinking pills and drink my water. If it were not for you ladies I would have fallen off the wagon for weeks and months when it comes to those things. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Bonjour.

Nita

This board has taught many things.

For the first time my hair is thick and healthy and full of body. I wash it twice a week and condition often. I am very tuned into my hair's needs. I do not resent my hair anymore.
I changed from no-lye to lye and the change was incredible. I stopped using heat so much and my hair said thank you. I dust cut my ends more often and people think I am wearing a wig. My hair is almost at the nape of my neck in the back and past my ears and eyes on the sides and front. I love my hair and my goal is shoulder length all around.
My daughter has two hair types 3b in the front and crown of her head and 4a in the back. It is thick, coily, and spongy. It is very long. I now wash her hair more often and condition it as well. Hair washing used to be a battle, now it is more like "girl day" for us. Through the board I learned what shampoos to use on her to cut down on the tangles and how to keep it moisturized between washes. I am free of all those haircare myths I grew up with and am very happy to have this board

aikaa71

I have gained so much hair knowledge on this board and i wish to thank all the ladies here for sharing their experiences.

Lately i discovered why everyone has been raving about scurl, i used my better braids spray(glycerin is the second ingredient) and i love the way it makes my hair so soft and moist. I spray my hair every evening and then use the mango butter (excellent product)on my ends.

Day before yesterday i bought the pantene conditioner(im such a PJ) It gives my hair so much slip and is a GREAT detangler on wet hair.

I just LOVE this board. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

LondonDiva

Also I looooooooooooove the atmosphere here, especially that pp. with natural textures and relaxed hair share tips, support, and encouragement, giving each other zero attitude about their hair choices.

UmSumayyah I second that /images/graemlins/smile.gif