What heat protectant do you take to the salon when you get a Dominican Blowout?

^^ Yes. Here in NY the wash and sets go from 15-25 dollars and most salons here in new york use dominican products,alter ego, kuz or salerm...you may have to pay 5 bucks more...also they don't mind you bringing what works for you.

I am not going to defend the heat because heat is damaging to anyone. I am careful to do my roots and rarely. I have gone to salons for years and when I see something I don't like I keep walking.....

UPDATE...

After 4 weeks, I am back to curly. The DB I posted about lasted 2 weeks. I got another DB right after this one for my birthday/homecoming, which was earlier this month, and I must admit I was awfully paranoid. I didn't even look at my hair at the salon until it was on the rollers because I didn't want to see even a HINT of heat damage. Surprisingly enough to me when I washed my hair this past weekend, I have none. I switched things up before she blow dried my hair the second time I went to the salon...I used the Silk Elements spray heat protectant and liberally applied some CHI Silk Infusion as well. Apparently it worked.

Here is a pic of my hair yesterday...2 day old wash n go pulled up into a puff...and the top is always frizzy like that, so no worries.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20091027_7.jpg
    Snapshot_20091027_7.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 8
Back