What heat protectant does your stylist use?

Does your "STYLIST" use a heat protectant?

• Yes: every time heat is invloved

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • No: a heat protectant is not used

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • I don't go to the salon

Votes: 44 29.9%

• Total voters

NewYorkgyrl

I personally in all of my years of goign to salons (even when I was relaxing) remember a stylist using a heat protectant.

I am curious to know what your stylist are using in the salons. I know that the lasy I currently go to for my blow dry and curl sprays some thing ON THE ROOTS (not the whole length of the hair) before blowdrying. I am no sure if it is a heat protectant though.

When I was relaxed I know for sure that the all of the dominican salons I went to did NOT use it. Except one...they sprayed something ON THE ROOts as well. I am not sure what is was though.

A lot of women (especially naturals and transitioners) are worried about heat damage yet I don't meet many women who have stylist who use heat protectants. Yet...in many threads on this board concerning heat the number one thing mentioned is the protectant.

NewYorkgyrl

ok for as many times as heat protectant comes up in threads on this board NO ONE has an comment or vote??? Come on ladies.

BUMP BUMP BUMP

navsegda

Well, I rarely ever go to the salon now but the last time I went (at the end of September), I don't remember the stylist using a heat protectant. When I used to go on a regular basis, I don't think the stylists used heat protectants, either.

Personally, I use Nexxus Heat Protexx. Also, Chi Silk Infusion and Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum have silicones and classify as good protectants as well.

Ms Lala

I don't go to the salon. I have never been. My mother is a stylist and when I was younger she used to press my hair and never used a heat protectant she just used grease. When blowdrying she just put moisturizer in my hair. Now that I know better I use one. Right now I"m using Ceramic Silk.

texasqt

I don't go but I remember when I did the stylist would rub some Ampro Wax in my hair before curling (orange color). Not sure if that's a heat protectant though.

DulceKisses

High Fashion
My last stylist (dont go to the salons anymore) used Redkin heat glide serum and thats what I use also. Another good one believe it or not is by Pantene's Relaxed and natural line, its a spay. I've also heard good things about Beyond the zone.

JazzyDez

my old stylist used Fantasia IC in the white bottle. My new stylist doesnt use heat on my hair. So far I have only got a rollerset from her

e$h

Well when I was going to the salon, I don't ever recall my stylist using a heat protectant. She would just spray ORS hair spray before flat ironing. But when I blowdry/flat iron, I use Beyond The Zone. Works good and smells grrreat!

Leonora

My stylist used a promade and wax whatever it was it was oil-based because it made my hair look limp. Now that I'm back to caring for my own hair, I use Profectiv Mega Growth creme which I'm going to finish and discontinue using (it's too greasy but light). I also use ApHogee Gloss Therapy and Optimum detangling leave-in con. I'm still looking for a better product because my hair tends to become very dry.

Jazzmommy

I haven't been to a salon in about 9 months, but my stylist only used setting lotion to blow dry my hair when I had a perm. That's about it...

aziza

When I used to go to the salon, my stylist used nothing to blow dry, and matrix sleek look protectant before flat ironing/curling and biosilk silk therapy after. Now, I use beyonde the zone (love the smell).I also have chi silk infusion and nexxus protexx, but I have had chance to try them yet.

trulyurangel82

I believe she used keracare serum before blow drying then she would spray it lightly with oil sheen and flat iron with the marcel irons.

trulyurangel82

but now that i havent been to the salon in months I use fx silk drops serum as a heat protectant.

redkin heat glide is pretty good too. I used to use garnier sleek n shine serum but it makes my hair greasy.

indefinite

She molds with Keracare foaming wrap, then flat irons with either a little Repair & Shine from Farouk(the makers of biosilk), or keracare silken sheen

PhonyBaloney500

Now I go about two-three times a year for a wash and set too and I think they may use one but honestly I don't know what the product is so I voted no since it may not even be a heat protectant. I think next time I'll bring my own product and make sure they really use something.

Should they put it on before putting me in rollers for the 40 minute dryer sitting?

NuMe2004

I'm glad you made this poll, 'cause the last two stylists I went to recently didn't use any heat protectant, and my hair came out dry! The only time my hair was super straight, bouncy, and had life/moisture was when one stylist used a setting lotion to prep my hair before applying heat.

If your stylist doesn't use one, I say RUNNNN!!!!

Back in the days when i went to salon,,my stylist didnt use any,, but I did, Id spray my own product in b4 she blew me out,, you can just bring your own product at the risk of looking totally anal retentive, but its worth it for your hair....

Lovelylocs

If ur Dominican stylist is spraying smthg blue on ur roots, it's called Salerm Brushing.

I don't think most salons use a heat protectant.

I don't like Thermasilk. I think it damages my hair.