what if a rinse had no ammonia but low peroxide is the bad for hair

sexylonglegs

I have the Clairol Natural Instincts and it says no ammonia but LOW peroxide,, will this damage my hair.

Pleas help

I wanna know the answer to this as well. I like their egyptian plum color and was thinking about getting it or something similar this summer so i'm waiting for responses as well.

Another bump ladies.

I am trying to get all of the color information I can get! It took me too dog on long to grow my hair to its current length (not half a century like lady O, but long none the less, LOL) to turn around and jack it up with a bad dye job.

Is low peroxide cool?

It did not damage my hair but it darken it. I was trying to lighten my hair by using one of the light browns and it made my brown hair black.

Ideally, a rinse should have no peroxide and no ammonia.

It all depends on how well you upkeep your hair before and after any color treatment, but peroxide is a potentially damaging ingredient, and I wouldn't risk it.

I tried a Clairol color once with "low peroxide" and it still made my hair shed/break something awful. It was an Auburn color, I'm not sure if it's the same Clairol line you're referring to.

Also, if it has peroxide in it at all, I don't think it's a rinse. I think that's straight up dye...but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone who knows a bit more about permanents vs. rinses can help me out on that point.

Back