Will This Rinse Damage My Hair

sexylonglegs

I have the Clairol Natural Instincts Double Expresso Dark Bronze Brown color it is a rinse cause it has no ammonia and little peroxide and suppose to last 28 shampoos. I was wondering would this be okay for me to put in my hair. I put a relaxer in my hair 3 weeks ago and I had some minor breakage and shedding and that has slowed down tremendously since I have been using the Nexxus Keraphix and humectress conditioner and also leave in conditioners. I still do get some shedding but it is not major at all.. I am very happy with the health of my hair right now. So any suggestions would be so helpful

Thanks girls :wave:

is tha the one with the black model on the cover?? if so, i want that haircolor sooo bad. but it's not gonna come out like that when you out it on your hair. i actually used the lighter shade, medium bronze that has the lady with the curly hair and it was still darkeer than the dark bronze color. it wont damage your hair, just make sure to deep condition afterwards cuz your hair will feel really dry.

yes, she is a black model on the front. the hair is straight and it has beautiful color with some highlights.. I will be delighted if my hair came out looking like this. My natural color on my hair is 1b-2 so it is kind of light brown already so I am going to try it then. Thanks for your reply

Black Sista said:
I have the Clairol Natural Instincts Double Expresso Dark Bronze Brown color it is a rinse cause it has no ammonia and little peroxide and suppose to last 28 shampoos. I was wondering would this be okay for me to put in my hair. I put a relaxer in my hair 3 weeks ago and I had some minor breakage and shedding and that has slowed down tremendously since I have been using the Nexxus Keraphix and humectress conditioner and also leave in conditioners. I still do get some shedding but it is not major at all.. I am very happy with the health of my hair right now. So any suggestions would be so helpful

Thanks girls :wave:

It's actually not a rinse - it's a demi-permanent. The lack of ammonia makes it only minimally damaging, but it does have peroxide, and that's the ingredient MOST rinses don't have, that make them not damaging at ALL.

It won't effectively lighten your hair though. It may brighten it a tad bit, but it won't lighten it or give highlights or anything like that.

If you're still having breakage I wouldn't use it yet. In general tho, it's a good, gentle brand.

Back