What ingredients do you like? Help us learn!!!

justnotsure

Hi ladies,

I am currently almost 1 year post in my transition and I have been trying to use more natural ingredient products. My only problem is that outside of things like aloe, or olive oil or other very obvious things, I don't know which ingredients are natural and which are not:ohwell:. I would like to start a thread that lists out certain ingredients so that I and others (espeically newbies) can look at a label and know what the heck the ingredients mean.

Not to be un-inclusive, but I am more interested in what you natural ladies are using and why!!!

I understand the whole sulfate issue and I have switched to sulfate-free cleansers, but I was thinking maybe you could take some of your favorite items and list some of the ingredients and what they are/do.

I am in the process of trying to obtain some Aubrey Organics White Camellia shampoo and conditioner. Some of the active ingredients in these products are as follows:

White Camellia oil (conditioner)- deep conditions and smooths; enhances shine
Organic aloe vera (conditioner) :lick: - replenishes moisture
Wheat germ oil (conditioner) - nourishes and protects
Soy protein (shampoo) - strenthens hair fibers
Vegetable glycerin (shampoo) - increases moisture retention

Post your favorite products and ingredients and help some ladies learn their stuff!!! Thanks, we will love you for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kisses:

SVT

rosemary oil or extract

Just found out it's in my Kenra shampoo as well as my oil and conditioner.

Lola Laughs

I've splurged on a few pricey oils like Argan, Emu and Neem. I loved them all, but you know what? Nothing seals and softens like good ol' castor oil.

justnotsure

Is everyone using the Jamaican black castor oil or a different one? I got mine from a local Indian grocer and it is like a light yellowish looking color. Is this ok?