What is it about a woman’s hair that drives men wild?

hairdrama:{

So, I was going through my drawers and found an old BH&T (Black Hairstyles & Trends) magazine with this small article titled “Sexy Hair Secrets”, :look: so I was like ummm!...I copied all down to share with you ladies. This is what they have to say about it (you prob. do this already since you're all good at this hair thing..:grin:):
  1. Keep your hair smelling fresh betweens salon visits with our drugstore favorite Sea Breeze. Dampen a small cloth with Sea Breeze and rub your scalp, not your hair. The sea breeze rids your scalp of the residue from oil sheens, hairsprays and pomades that attract dirt and leave your hair smelling not so fresh.
  2. Scented oils are a wonderful solution for great smelling hair, (especially on locs, twists, braids.) Pour a quarter size portion of your sexiest scent in your palm. Rub your hands together to evenly distribute the oils then run your finger through your hair. This is sure to leave your hair smelling sensuous and sweet.
  3. Keep your hair shiny and smooth to the touch using Silk Scarfs. Before you drift off into dreamland, wrap your hair and tie it with a clean silk scarf. Key: be sure the scarf matches his favorite teddy. Combine a little or sexy secret #2 (scented oils), dab a touch of oil on the scarf and on the teddy!
Now, what’s your sexy hair secret? Give out the 411 ladies...:gorgeous:

ladylibra

as for #3... um... i'm sure my man wouldn't care if my scarf matched the teddy. actually i know he'd be happier if i didn't wear the teddy at all :lachen:

my only "secret" is not much of a secret at all: men are simple creatures, they are not impressed with our intricate updo styles. they are impressed when we wear our hair out/down and it's full of movement and body. they go gaga over short hair that moves, let alone long hair :yep:

*ETA: wait i lied... men like good-smelling hair right? i forgot to add, if your hair is clean but you've been in a smoky environment or out at a barbeque, that smell can linger in your hair... and it's a pain to re-wash and re-style right? if you rub a little vanilla extract in your hair it somehow removes the smell. i know this from experience! :grin:

lexi84

as for #3... um... i'm sure my man wouldn't care if my scarf matched the teddy. actually i know he'd be happier if i didn't wear the teddy at all :lachen:

my only "secret" is not much of a secret at all: men are simple creatures, they are not impressed with our intricate updo styles. they are impressed when we wear our hair out/down and it's full of movement and body. they go gaga over short hair that moves, let alone long hair :yep:

*ETA: wait i lied... men like good-smelling hair right? i forgot to add, if your hair is clean but you've been in a smoky environment or out at a barbeque, that smell can linger in your hair... and it's a pain to re-wash and re-style right? if you rub a little vanilla extract in your hair it somehow removes the smell. i know this from experience! :grin:

LOL!!!! :lachen: I know thats right....hahah!!!

He just likes it when its touchable (not in a bun or a style thats stuck to my head). He likes it when he can run his fingers through it so he goes wild when he can grab it at night.....I dont :catfight:

Last edited:

:grin:

*ETA: wait i lied... men like good-smelling hair right? i forgot to add, if your hair is clean but you've been in a smoky environment or out at a barbeque, that smell can linger in your hair... and it's a pain to re-wash and re-style right? if you rub a little vanilla extract in your hair it somehow removes the smell. i know this from experience!

That is so true.........lol... as long as its clean, he doesn't really care if is up or loose or wet.....just the fresh smell. Ummm! vanilla, I gotta try that, I know he loves this scent, I'll try it w/o telling him what it is...:grin:

Neith

They really don't care (unless something is wrong with them :lachen:) about your hair.

They usually prefer long hair, but they love any hair that is thick, healthy and clean.

Mine likes my newgrowth (he's white so it was a new experience for him :lol:)

didirose

He likes it clean, fresh, and smelling pretty. I usually wash or condish a few times per week but when I straighten my hair only once per week. When I get dress I sometimes spray my favorite scent in my hair, just once. I've had many people taller than me give compliments, so I only do this for special occasion, but especially when out with DH.

He loves me to wear my hair down or out no matter the texture. He's really not into updos at all.

He'd rather have me without the scarf but he's out of luck with that request. I'll feel a breeze at 3 am and wake up to put one on, it's my bedtime addiction and makes doing my hair in the morning much easier.

It's a treat for him to wash and/or condition my hair (treat for me too).:yep:

mahoganee

I'm going to have to remember that the next time I bbq and don't have time to re-wash my hair. I went to work smelling like hickory a couple of weeks ago. My hair smelled like ylang ylang and hickory. I asked one of my coworkers/friends if he smelled bbq and he said no. I told him why I'd asked and he busted out laughing. I'm glad I'm the only who could smell it.:rofl:On another note, I put ylang ylang, patchouli and lavender in my leave in spritz and both men and women follow me around at work and when something smells funky they'll come over and stand by me for a minute.:lachen:

LaPaciencia

[/color][/b]
I'm going to have to remember that the next time I bbq and don't have time to re-wash my hair. I went to work smelling like hickory a couple of weeks ago. My hair smelled like ylang ylang and hickory. I asked one of my coworkers/friends if he smelled bbq and he said no. I told him why I'd asked and he busted out laughing. I'm glad I'm the only who could smell it.:rofl:On another note, I put ylang ylang, patchouli and lavender in my leave in spritz and both men and women follow me around at work and when something smells funky they'll come over and stand by me for a minute.:lachen:

:lachen:Sounds like you work at a cool place!!!!!:lachen:

He likes it clean, fresh, and smelling pretty. I usually wash or condish a few times per week but when I straighten my hair only once per week. When I get dress I sometimes spray my favorite scent in my hair, just once. I've had many people taller than me give compliments, so I only do this for special occasion, but especially when out with DH.

He loves me to wear my hair down or out no matter the texture. He's really not into updos at all.

He'd rather have me without the scarf but he's out of luck with that request. I'll feel a breeze at 3 am and wake up to put one on, it's my bedtime addiction and makes doing my hair in the morning much easier.

It's a treat for him to wash and/or condition my hair (treat for me too).:yep:

I hear ya.........lol, sometimes I think about it 'cause I feel like being sexy, but then I say........:nono:, there wouldn't be such a thing as "sexy" in the morning after a whole night without my bonet.....:blush:

Clean, natural hair! But, my secret sexy, is confidence. If you love it, they love it!

ITA! :yep:

ladylibra

[/COLOR][/B]

:funny:

(and that's all i had to add :lol: )