What is the best product from the "Aubrey" line?

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
What is the best product from the \"Aubrey\" line?

I would like to buy one of the Aubrey or Jason Shampoo/Conditioners. I am looking for something to help with scalp cleaning, hair growth and moisterizing split ends. Any recommendations (especially for Aubrey stuff)?

Kaela

Re: What is the best product from the \"Aubrey\" line?

I'm a big fan of GPB as well, but it doesn't work for everyone (like any other product). Aubrey's jojoba oil is nice too, but expensive for such a teeny tiny bottle. I use their shampoos diluted, like the white Camellia, but if used straight i have found them to be drying. I think the Seabuckthorn conditioner is nice, but it has a thin texture.

Gosh, you'd almost think I didn't like Aubrey's

I guess when it comes to natural products, I really like them, but I also had to adjust my expectations because 'organic' products tend to have difference consistency, scent, and performance than standard products, and if you don't expect that initially you might be a little surprised.

Fashionista

Kaela, the Swimmers and White Camellia shampoos left my hair in a tangled mess. Do you dilute yours with just water or do you add other items to it?

T

Tee

GBP and Jojoba and Aloe Conditioner are superb! The Island Spice Conditioner is also nice, but the nutmeg scent bugs me.

Kaela

I just dilute it with water, don't add anything too it. Once I run out of all my Aubrey's stuff I'm actually considering trying some other natural shampoos, but since I use such a SMALL amount that will probably be a long time

A little goes a long way with these shampoos...

edited to add: you will end up using about half or third of what you would normally use with a regular shampoo.

Fashionista

Thanks for the tip Kaela. I'll try this for my next wash. I think it's the amount of liquid protein that's causing it to tangle and dry out. I'll give my review of this technique after I try it.

I've tried:

Aloe Rejuvantor and Conditioner (okay but nothing special. The raves for this didn't reflect for me, wouldn't repurchase).

GPB - One of the best conditioners I've found for 2003. Leaves hair super soft, helps control shedding (its a protein conditioner) and smells heavenly to me. A++!!

Swimmers Conditioner - Not bad, its good like 5/10 good but not amazing. I prefer my el cheapo Suave coconut for under $2.

Islands Cream Spice - Great smell, detangles well but I wouldn't repurchase.

I'm sticking with the GPB from all these I've tried.

DelightfulFlame

I like the Island Shampoo and Cream Rinse (Conditioner). I also like the GPB (acts as a reconstructor- instructions say use after the cream rinse. Works great...I only use about once or twice a month b/c too much protein can be drying for my hair.)