What is your favorite version of the Bible?

What is your favorite version of the Bible?

• King James

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • New International Version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Standard Bible

• New Living Translation

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Amplified Bible

• The Message

• Other (please share)

• Total voters

Glib Gurl

I grew up on the King James Version so for sentimental reasons, it is my favorite because of the flowerly language. When it comes to reading for understanding, however, I prefer the NIV, Amplified or Message versions.

What about you?

EbonyEyes

I grew up on the KJV and read that version primarily. I love the poetic flow of it. However, if there is something in the KJV that I'm not completely understanding, best believe I will take out my Amplified Bible or my NIV to see if I can gain clarification. Also, Dictionary.com is another dear resource of mine!!!

mzcris

I grew up on KJV...and I still love reading it. But I really like the AMP version...it breaks everything down :yep:

Nice & Wavy

I grew up on the KJV and read that version primarily. I love the poetic flow of it. However, if there is something in the KJV that I'm not completely understanding, best believe I will take out my Amplified Bible or my NIV to see if I can gain clarification. Also, Dictionary.com is another dear resource of mine!!!

This is the same with me. I still use my KJV or sometimes I use the New KJV. I'm with Alexstin on the NASB...its really good:yep:

kbragg

My new Fav is the ESV (almost identical to the NASB). It's a word for word translations with conderation to greek nuiances to prevent losing anything in translation. My hubby is stingy with the NASB but it is my understanding that it is the most accurately translated to date.