What is your supplement regimen?

chayil0427

Hi ladies...I was wondering what supplements you're taking and how much. Particularly how much MSM and Biotin are you taking?

Thanks

Chayil

Dual

EPO - 1000mg daily
Vit B Complex - One a day
MSM - between 1500-2000mg a day

My doctor just told me to take Brewers Yeast instead of Vit B Complex he said its much better, cheaper and contains all the Vit B family

Also he suggested Ferrus Sulphate (iron) and L-Lysine. He said that when you take Iron tablets the body only absorbs about 25% of it so taking the L-Lysine will help the body absorb about 40% of it.

KiniKakes

Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex (2)
GNC Women's Hair, Skin & Nails Formula (1)
Puritan's Pride Super Biotin (10 mg = 10000 mcg)*
Puritan's Pride Silica (500 mg Horsetail)
One A Day for Women (Multivitamin)

*I built up to the 10 mg of Biotin. I would NOT recommend anyone just starting off with this amount. I started w/2.5 mg of Biotin for several months.... then increased it to 5 mg......... then 7.5 mg......... then much later, 10 mg. 10 mg is as much as I'll take, as it's the greatest dosage I've read can be safely taken in research studies. The studies did not indicate that it was "unsafe" to exceed 10 mg of Biotin per day, simply that they had not done any research for amounts beyond that. I'm obviously exceeding this w/the Biotin in my other supplements, but I havent had any adverse effects.

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

Nioxin (2)
Viviscal (2)
Solaray Bamboo Silicia (2)
PP Biotin 5 mcg (1)
PP EPO 1,000 mcg (2)
PP B50 (1)
One A Day Advanced For Women Multi (1)

I have Source Naturals MSM powder. I bought this about 2 weeks ago and have only taken it 3 or 4 times. Currently thinking about buying MSM in pill form (Spring Valley) I knew I wasn't going to take it everyday because I hate mixing stuff but I take my pills EVERYDAY....

Last edited:

Carla From VA

I tried unsuccessfully to take the gnc hair, nails and skin formula, but it broke my skin out BADLY. I had to stop taking it. My skin didn't like biotin. So now I only take 2,000mg MSM. I was taking the powder, but now I take a pure pill form, and 1,000mg of EPO. No breakouts. My nails and body hair are also growing at an accelerated rate. I can do without the facial hair though....

MzOptimistic

Carla From VA said:
I tried unsuccessfully to take the gnc hair, nails and skin formula, but it broke my skin out BADLY. I had to stop taking it. My skin didn't like biotin. So now I only take 2,000mg MSM. I was taking the powder, but now I take a pure pill form, and 1,000mg of EPO. No breakouts. My nails and body hair are also growing at an accelerated rate. I can do without the facial hair though....

Carla what MSM pills are you taking?:) and I get 1-2 inches hairs on my chin....I ordered this thing last week called tweeze www.buytweeze.com. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Last edited:

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
TriMedica Pure MSM Powder (3000mg)
Puritan's Pride Biotin (5mg)
Futurebiotics,Hair,Skin & Nails (2)
Flaxseed Oil (2)
Centrium Liquid multi-Vitamin

This is what I am taking right now so far no breakout may up MSM another notch.

BrooklynSouth

Carla. The facial hair is no kinda joke!!! I have had facial hair since age 19 so I just wax it prn {when needed}. I went for an electrolysis consultation once {Canarsie..circa 1990s, New Yorkers}, "walked in....they looked at me as though..'What is this nig**r doing up in here"? yet....there's a Flame "greeting" me...looking me down the hardest. I, just walked the hell out laughing as their prejudice just cost them some rent money as what shade of exterior matters except green when in business?
I still would not give up my supplements; just self wax or demand :look: stringent cleanliness at the nail salon for a paid waxing.

taking: Biotin 5mg, 1 Solgar Vegetal Silica, Horsetail, 2 Natrol Omega-3 brand Fish oil/ or 2 Flax seed tabs, 2 Solaray Hair Nutrients {switching back to GNC when finished} , MutivItamin tablet. Colonix and Probiotic tabs. 1/2 tsp. Source NATURALS MSM. I put the MSM in one of the water quarts.

Last edited:

sareca

MSM 2,000mg
Acai 2 capsules
Fish oil 2 capsules
Greens+
Milk Thistle 30 drops (just for a few months tho)
BioSil 6 drops
Robin's Super Vitamins

ETA: I almost forgot about the fiber. Can't skip that. :nono:

Last edited:

TCatt86

I need to get on a supplement regimen, for the longest I was taking fish oil, lysine (during the winter) and one-a-day women's. Now it's just one a day womens. I would love to try the MSM because I see people with great results, but I am allergic to sulfa:( .

RosesBlack

I take an extended release multi, 2000 milligrams of MSM, Fish oil (has done good things for my circulation), garlic, vitamin c, magnesium citrate. I actually cut out the hair nail and skin vitamins for now as an experiment.

Incredible1ne

MSM - 2,000 mg
Biotin - 5,000 mg
Flaxseed oil - 2,000 mg
B Complex with Vitamin C and Folic Acid - 1 capsule daily
Viactiv multivitamin

RZILYNT

Flaxseed Oil 1000 mg 2 x day
B-12 1000 with Folic Acid
Biotin 2500 mg
Calcium 600 mg
Walgreens Brand of Centrum Silver
Designer Whey Protein 2 x day

growthbyforce

My vitamins are in my siggy. I recently added acerola coz I read a thread here somewhere that said it helps the body absorb a little more of the other supplements...........there are some supplements i'd like to start taking for my skin but am scared to add to all the vits i'm already taking so i dont know.

LaNecia

I'm following this regimen:

6 A.M.

Nioxin Recharging Complex (1)
Acerola (1)
Evening Primrose Oil (1)
Viviscal (1) (as of 2/12/07)
JP+ Orchard Blend (2)
Bamboo Silica (1)

12 P.M.

Acerola (1)
Evening Primrose Oil (1)
PotentSea (1)
MSM (1,000 mg)

6 P.M.

Acerola (1)
Evening Primrose Oil (1)
Viviscal (1)
JP+ Veggies (2)
Country Life Biotin 5 mg (1)
Bamboo Silica (1)

Last edited:

Buttalips219

chayil0427 said:
anyone else?

I started taking a supplement called Fast Grow and it has EVERYTHING that everyone on here takes separately. The site is www.exoticallure.com and they sell a 30 day supply. Now since I've been taking that along with using Naturallady's hair serum, my hair has grown nicely.

Here is the complete listing of what is in the capsules

Serving size: 3 capsules
Ingredient Amt. per serving %RDA
Vitamin B-12 3mcg 50%
Vitamin B6 9mg 450%
Niacin 21mg 141%
Biotin 300mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 39mg 390%
MSM 99mg *
Silica 18mg *
Inositol 48mg *
Choline 198mg 42%
He Shou Wu 99mg *
Horsetail 24mg *
Iron 3mg 17%
Iodine 25mcg 17%
Folic Acid 400mcg 100%
PABA 24mg *
Zinc 15mg 100%

Essential Oils
Vitamin A 2500iu 50%
Vitamin E 30iu 100%
Flax Seed Oil 21mg *
Linoleic Acid 21mg *
Borage Oil 6mg *

Amino Acids (Proteins)
L-Cysteine 198mg
Proprietary Blend - 798mg
L-Serine, L-Glutamic, L-Threonine, L-Glycine,
L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic, L-Alanine, L-Proline
L-Isoleucine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine

Also contains: cellulose, magnesium stearate, gelatin, and silicon dioxide

Dosage:
Take three capsules daily. Divide doses between morning, afternoon, and evening.

Last edited:

thesweetone

1x daily

Flaxseed oil capsule (1,000 mg)
Dr.'s Best MSM (tablet 1,500 mg)
Flinstones complete (I figure I might as well have fun with these vitamins! They are just as good as they were when I was a kid :lol: )

I was taking a bunch of other stuff, but I jumped off the supplement bandwagon, and am trying to eat healthy, exercise regularly, drink lots of water, and get adequate rest instead.