What LHCF Challenges have helped your hair the most?

brownsugarflyygirl

Hey Ladies....

I absolutely love the LHCF challenges...and they are so varied in style. I just thought it would be beneficial to see what challenges have helped you out the most....so can you please share the following:

What challenges you have/are participating in?
What challenge you saw the most significant results?
What were those results? (Length, thickness, less breakage, etc.)
How long did you participate in that challenge?

ayoung

For me--low/no heat has REALLY been benificial to my hair.
My ends are better and my hair as a whole is healthier than when I used heat everyday.
I've been doing it since I joined the board---not no heat, but low heat. That can very from no heat at all to 2-3 times a month.

The baggie method is a very close second if not tied.
When I baggie my hair is not wet---just moist and boy! my hair/ends love it!

Angelicus

Vaseline & CO-wash challenge! Still doing it three years strong!

ETA: Oh yea! and the Bun thing! I did the bun thing! Still doing that too!

Last edited:

ChasingBliss

Hands down....THE BUN CHALLENGE!!!

Was on it for 2 years...Went from shoulder length to approaching waist length. Was never able to stay long on the other challenges.

Oh I did do the Surge Challenge when it first came out. I stayed on it long enough to notice how my hair got stronger and thicker. But I had to wash and rinse too much in order to avoid irritation and flakes. Still like Surge though.

eta: I had my daughter on the baggie challenge. It did wonders for her hair. She was approaching bra strap length at the time.

Last edited:

MizAvalon

The Baggie Method challenge. I stuck with it for 6 months straight last year. Other than my hair being greasy ALL the time it was really helpful. Helped me to not get a trim for over a year.

joyous

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Hands down....THE BUN CHALLENGE!!!

Was on it for 2 years...Went from shoulder length to approaching waist length. Was never able to stay long on the other challenges.

I agree. I also stayed on this challenge for two years and gained some serious length. I still wear a bun most of the time.

OnceUponAtime

No Heat, Daily Conditioner Wash, Baggie and Bun.

I've now "up'd" the amount of heat I use, CO wash a little less some weeks, Baggie only when dry or after I flat iron, but I still bun at least five days a week.

Bun Challenge. I don't think I officially joined, but I'm still bunning it 1 1/2 years later.

My "Trim/ Cut it Until it's Even" Challenge.
My hair WILL be more even and thicker looking one day!!!

Baggie Method Challenge.
I may have to go back to this at least when I'm at home. An exposed baggie at work almost messed up my game. :lol: Thank goodness no one seemed to notice.

ETA: No heat. I had already been on that one since before the forum, but I'm sort of on that now with using heat only every three months or so.

Last edited:

sassyhair

I really wanna do the bun challenge but am having a hard time finding something to make a bun with.

With the bun challenge comes alot more other challenges such as, no heat, co wash, low manipulation, keepin it simple, deep condition and so on! I need that in my life!

brownsugarflyygirl

Wow ladies...you all have seen some serious progress from the challenges...thats wonderful...:grin:

I am also definitely seeing a pattern here...people have had a lot of success with bunning and the baggie method...thats really good to know...I want to try the baggie method after my BC....

Okay...I know we are challenge happy here at LHCF so keep the responses coming ;)

Isis

I was already on my own "no heat" challenge for quite a while before joining one. This has helped me the most and I'm still doing it.:)

I also did the bun challenge for about a year (my first year) which also helped a lot. Now I wear buns but mainly for style - I like the way I look in them.

Then came the "carrot juice" challenge which I'm still on, which helps with my hair's health and thickness. This challenge is never ending.;)

LovelyZ

The best challenge for my hair has been the Bun Challenge which I started in January of this year. My hair is longer, thicker and my ends are healthier.

All of my current challenges are listed in my siggy.

foxybrownsugar

Pre LHCF, I bunned and did little to no heat also on my relaxed hair (I was brastrap). Post LHCF/hairboards, water has been very beneficial to me. I have increased my consumption (to 8-8oz. glasses per day) and added co washing. Now, I do water only (WO) or water rinsing about 4-5 days per week after the gym. I also added steaming(another form of water) when at the gym. Water, is my no.1 moisturizer.

plove

Well i just join in Jan and I'm doing the Crown and Glory challenges for Two years. I'm 6 month into the challenge I don't know how it's helping my hair because my hair is in box braids that i put in in April. I will be taken them out in Nov, so i will know by then.

I'm also in
shoulder length challenge from June until Dec
No heat challenge from June until Dec
keep it simple challenge
hide your hair till Christmas challenge
I think I'm in some more but can't think of them right now

Ayeshia

No heat has been the ONLY challenge that I have been consistently on :lol: and my hair has thrived because of it :) The longer I went without heat, the easier it got, esp being natural. I now use the blowdryer every 4-6 months just to dust my ends :yep:.

brownsugarflyygirl

I am very happy to see that people have had success with the challenges...I see that no/little heat is a top contender with the bun and baggie....

Ayeshia...your hair is beautiful! What do you use for curl definitiion?
(gotta take notes and get ready for my BC:) )

taraglam2

Deep Conditioning Challenge ! I ws on the Deep Conditioning Challenge for 2005 and had great results and now in the 2006 Deep Conditioning Challenge. My results--healthier, more manageable hair and less breakage.

sareca

The C&G challenge brought major changes in my hair. I'm back on a six month challenge now.

Last edited:

Guyaneek

I'd have to say the bun challenge as well. Like most of the other ladies, I have been bunning for a while and seem progress from it in conjunction with baggying.

RubyWoo

Personal 'No heat' challenge--My hair is alot thicker now because of it. I only use heat on a small section of hair to do a length check with my flat iron.

Crown & Glory Challenge & HYH challenge-They go hand in hand for me and help keep my hair protected in order to retain maximum length.

Amour

Something has got my thin has so much thicker since my texturiser. I think its a combination of the texturiser, baggying (3 months baggy challenge) and no heat (2007 bootcamp) and im loving it..

Just wish I could find a challenge thats gonna help me grow some