What made YOU decide to transition w/out a BC???

Mook's hair

I also want LENGTH before Natural... My husband also is in opposition of short hair on me. He is supportive of my decision to grow out the relaxer though.

So when I have enough natural hair (NG) that I am satisfied with my length, I might chop. Otherwise I just trim some every few months.

The strange thing is... I am doing really well retaining length. I have some split ends and some breakage from time to time but otherwise, my hair is just creeping on towards BSL.

That shrinkage is a "mother..." though! Later tonight I'm gonna post some pictures of my shrinkage. Whewwww-weeee! off the chain.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I'm on the fence about going natural but when I do I will transition bc I have a scar in the middle of my head so I want at least SL unstretched before I chop

FAMUDva

I am very curious to hear your responses.

When I decided to go natural, I was wearing SL perm. I knew nothing about transitioning. All I knew was that I wanted my permed hair gone. So I went to a barber and told him to cut clear to my scalp.

SO for you, what were the benefits of transitioning? And since you will eventually cut off your permed hair, why wait? Or do some of you "NOT" cut off the permed hair.

Just curious...

TIA :)

It's my choice because personally I don't want a very short hair cut... nor do I want to go through the "in between stage" as far as length is concerned. Don't get me wrong, I've had short hair before (Toni Braxton's cut in the early 90s), but right now that's not what I want. And since I feel like I personally do have choices, I prefer not to cut my hair off into a fade or twa. That's just me and that's just at this moment... who knows how I'll feel another 6 months into my transition...

I'm 6 months in now and not having any problems, so I'm gonna keep it moving without a BC :) The other reason is that I have several friends that did it and were successfull without chopping their hair. Two of them have at least BSL hair now... It only took one about 2.5 years to make it to BSL without a BC (although she did trim the relaxed ends off periodically).

lilsparkle825

I also want LENGTH before Natural... My husband also is in opposition of short hair on me. He is supportive of my decision to grow out the relaxer though.

So when I have enough natural hair (NG) that I am satisfied with my length, I might chop. Otherwise I just trim some every few months.

The strange thing is... I am doing really well retaining length. I have some split ends and some breakage from time to time but otherwise, my hair is just creeping on towards BSL.

That shrinkage is a "mother..." though! Later tonight I'm gonna post some pictures of my shrinkage. Whewwww-weeee! off the chain.
i know that's right.

:wallbash: