Votes: 83 31.1%
  • Combinations (please explain)

Votes: 85 31.8%
  • Other

Votes: 52 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aspire

I selected all of the options, because they are all important (well growth aids are not important, but they can help). Add to them patience, patience, patience. Also for a vitamin, I would definitely recommend a hair vit, not a multi vit (unless you take one anyway) for hair growth.

Aspire

:grin: Wow this thread is going great ladies...A newbie feels welcomed lol...the crazy thing is i'm not seeing many growth aids and u would think that everybody would attribute growth to growth aids (if they are using them)....I'm personally starting to feel the are not neccessary unless u have some serious serious damage or thinning (like my edges)...idk still trying to figure it out...

I have been using Mega Tek on my edges all the way around my head. I tend to pull my hair back and I always get breakage in these areas.

Well I'll be dammed, did I not find out that I actually have a nape! I always thought I just had a long hairy neck. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Stylists have always shaped my hairline and would take off about 1.5 inches of my back hairline. When I was younger my mom would braid my hair and that area was always practically non-existent and too soft, fine, and short to do anything with. Now, after about 2 months, that bottom 1.5 inch is about 2 inches at the top and a good 1 inch at the bottom. I am excited to see how long it will grow. :yep:

SimplyBlessed

I have been using Mega Tek on my edges all the way around my head. I tend to pull my hair back and I always get breakage in these areas.

Well I'll be dammed, did I not find out that I actually have a nape! I always thought I just had a long hairy neck. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Stylists have always shaped my hairline and would take off about 1.5 inches of my back hairline. When I was younger my mom would braid my hair and that area was always practically non-existent and too soft, fine, and short to do anything with. Now, after about 2 months, that bottom 1.5 inch is about 2 inches at the top and a good 1 inch at the bottom. I am excited to see how long it will grow. :yep:

Congrats on the progress....

Dogmd

I retain more hair by keeping my hair and my kids hair moisturized 24 hours a day.

my hair would always have breakage issues before i learned that you have to keep it ( especially your ends) moisturized and sealed with oils every day!!

spritex

Hair will grow if the diet is good, you are genteically inclined and you do not do anything damaging to your follicles. Some ladies also swear by biotin, MSM, and growth aids. What helps retain length is low manipulation and a solid moisture-protein balance.

Truth

The combo of what everyone said.. Health & Retention. I believe both play a major role in healthy hair growth. Also, when you find something that works for you, keep it consistent. I made that mistake of listening to all my friends who's hair stayed in one spot, while mine constantly grew...soon as I did, I noticed my length slowly dwindling away. I got that forget them attitude went back to my original regimen and then they started to realize I was doing something right. So for me keeping it consistent is a must in my growing process!

luckiestdestiny

What's deafprincess recipe? What's in it?

It was a dangerous recipe that could cause serious damage to the hair and scalp. Her thread was closed after many members tore her a new one!:lachen: Later they found out she made it up on the spot and no one had ever used it successfully. She even admitted she wanted people to like her.:blush: So please no one use a cup of sulfur unless you want to be bald!

SCarolinaGirl

I think it's finding what works for your hair. For most that means a good moisture/protein balance, low heat, DCing, PS, etc.

Misshairdiva

For me to retain the length its been keeping relaxers out of my hair,wash n go's in the summer, and in the winter only using indirect heat such as getting my hair rollerset. I will only flat iron a few times a year to see my length.

Hot40

Great answers ladies!

For me it was staying away for the heat.
I baby me ends -- clip every 6 months.
Changed my diet (this was the hard part LOL)

KdsLady09

I voted combinations because it has been a mixture of all mentioned, plus protective styling, heat reduction and relaxer stretching!

vpoetic

Patience is a big one. Not just patience as waiting for your hair to grow but, patience as taking time to comb through your hair carefully. Making sure that you are cause a little breakage as possible. Diet is another big one, the better you eat the nicer your hair, nails and skin looks.

PinkSkates

What really makes hair grow fast?
1. your genetic makeup
2. A healthy body
3. A clean and clog-free scalp.

And healthy hair care practices will enable you to keep that fast growing hair on your head!:yep:

Encore

moisture

diet

protein

MT

and exercise !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it gets the blood flowing to your scalp more. I swear my hair grows wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster when I work out.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I retain a lot more hair now that I don't trim or cut as often, moisturise and wear in protective styles, DC and protein treat as needed. My hair has never grown any faster per month than between 1/2" and 3/4". I have never used growth aids but I do make a point of treating my hair very well and it somehow gives the illusion to other people that my hair grows very quickly because I retain.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
:grin: Wow this thread is going great ladies...A newbie feels welcomed lol...the crazy thing is i'm not seeing many growth aids and u would think that everybody would attribute growth to growth aids (if they are using them)....I'm personally starting to feel the are not neccessary unless u have some serious serious damage or thinning (like my edges)...idk still trying to figure it out...

Castor oil really helped to thicken my edges up. It works wonders!

CurlyMoo

It was a dangerous recipe that could cause serious damage to the hair and scalp. Her thread was closed after many members tore her a new one!:lachen: Later they found out she made it up on the spot and no one had ever used it successfully. She even admitted she wanted people to like her.:blush: So please no one use a cup of sulfur unless you want to be bald!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: