What size rollers would you use at your length?

KurlyNinja

I was just curious because I want to go buy flexirods but I have NO idea what size I should get. Could you please state -

1. Your current Length

2. What size rollers/flexirods you would use in inches/cm

3. What style you are aiming for with this size

TIA!

1. Your current Length Touching WL

I usually rollerset with 1.5' rollers for a big bouncy set and 2.5' for a sleek flat ironed look

Does anyone have short hair and use rollers???

i am growing out my short haircut. I am currently ear length with longer layers in the back and need a way to dry hair without heat - other than wrapping. My hair is approx 4-5 inches at the mo.

This takes a long time to dry and i co-wash twice weekly after the gym, any ideas would be appreciated!

This is old but.... I still want to know! I am looking into buying mesh rollers and want to know what size to get! My longest layer is past SL, and my shortest in the front is about earlength, so I'm just wondering what to use. I think for my longest layer, I'd use between 1.25 - 1.5" but have no idea what to use on the shorter layers since I've never rollerset hair that short before. I'd be rollersetting with the intention of doing a silk wrap or soft press.

1. Your current Length

Full BSB

Mostly Gray and some purple in the nape

Sleek & Bouncy

I use 1" as a standard. My hair usually rolls around the roller quite a few times (3-6 depending on the area) but I like to ensure the curl stays even if I comb it out.

I've used 2" rollers on BSL through WL hair to get spiral curls on the ends/last few inches of hair or I comb them out for a Veronica Lake look.

Generally, if you are roller setting you'll need more than one size of curler, especially if you want to change your look. I use the guideline below to choose rollers

- the intended hairstyle - smaller rollers for a curly style and large rollers for a straight, sleek look.

- if your hair cannot be wrapped around a roller more than 3 times, this is a "large" roller (for your hair) that you can use if you want a straight, sleek look or are just interested in minimising your time under the bonnet dryer. Never use a roller that is so large that your hair can only wrap around it once because your ends will stick out all over the place.
- for curly styles, I decide on the curl size that I want and select a roller that matches that.
- if I want a bob hairstyle, I use large rollers at the top and rollers that are between 1 to 2 sizes smaller for the nape and just over the ears. I've found that doing this, gives the hair a fuller look.

Hope this helps

I am APL, and generally use purple and grey rollers for a straight style with some body.
For actual ringlets, I use red, teal and yellow ones.
And for bone straight or when I'm in a rush, I use black ones.
I have no idea what the inches are for any of those. :lol:

I was just curious because I want to go buy flexirods but I have NO idea what size I should get. Could you please state -

1. Your current Length
MBL/BSL

1.75-2" rollers. I don't normally use flexirods

3. What style you are aiming for with this size.
The 1.75" are used for creating tighter curls, and the gray 2" rollers are used for straightening my natural hair

My replies are above HTH :)

1. Your current Length - just above BSL

I'm sorry I can't give it to you in inches, only colors which isn't always universal.
When my hair is straight and I just want a loose bend - I use the dark blue (jumbo)
When I want ringlet curls but I don't want to take all day - purple and grey
When I want a tight set, almost straw set like - red and yellow

Generally, if you are roller setting you'll need more than one size of curler, especially if you want to change your look. I use the guideline below to choose rollers

- the intended hairstyle - smaller rollers for a curly style and large rollers for a straight, sleek look.

- if your hair cannot be wrapped around a roller more than 3 times, this is a "large" roller (for your hair) that you can use if you want a straight, sleek look or are just interested in minimising your time under the bonnet dryer. Never use a roller that is so large that your hair can only wrap around it once because your ends will stick out all over the place.
- for curly styles, I decide on the curl size that I want and select a roller that matches that.
- if I want a bob hairstyle, I use large rollers at the top and rollers that are between 1 to 2 sizes smaller for the nape and just over the ears. I've found that doing this, gives the hair a fuller look.

Hope this helps

This was really helpful; thanks!

Back