What was your most sucessful regimen?

I_shure_do_wish

My current regimen is having my hair put in to braid extensions for about a month and a half and then deep conditioning two times a week after my hair has been taken out. I am very tired of the braids and looking for another regimen that will allow my hair to be in more styles but still braiding my hair at times. What was your most sucessful regimen. I need help switching.

camellia

Wash two or three times a week.

Deep condition after every shampoo.

Use heat sparingly (2 or 3 times a year)

Buns and up-dos are nice to keep hair out of your face/food/caught in doors... but not necessary.

LovelyLionessa

*Washing hair in braids.
*Pre-pooing and deep conditioning.
*Detangling under shower stream in sections.
*Not combing dry hair.
*Stretching relaxers to every 3 months.

I_shure_do_wish

I was told that washing your hair in your braids was not a good idea. Everytime I said I has washed my hair they would all give that look. I also condition my hair with the braids on.

gymfreak336

*Wash once or twice a week
*Deep condition after every wash, protien treatments every two weeks
* Rollerset to dry
*moisturize daily
*relax every 8 weeks- currently trying to start doing it every 9-10 weeks
*I would also go get a wash and set every other week as well, my stylist at the time would condition me for atleast 15mins

gymfreak336

*Wash once or twice a week
*Deep condition after every wash, protien treatments every two weeks
* Rollerset to dry
*moisturize daily
*relax every 8 weeks- currently trying to start doing it every 9-10 weeks
*I would also go get a wash and set every other week as well, my stylist at the time would condition me for atleast 15mins

LovelyLionessa

I_shure_do_wish said:
I was told that washing your hair in your braids was not a good idea. Everytime I said I has washed my hair they would all give that look. I also condition my hair with the braids on.

By whom, stylists? Heck, stylists give that look about a lot things... :look: They often don't approve of the kind things ladies practice on this board, like henna or self-relaxing. Anway, this regimen really helped revloutionize how I care for my hair. No more major tangles which thereby reduces the incidence of breakage.

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/shampooingnatural.html

BTW, my hair is relaxed, I'm not referring to braid extensions. I braid my hair up in 4 plaits on wash days. :)

I_shure_do_wish

Oh I thought you were refering to braid extensions. But yup I get that look most from hair stylists all the time. I remeber when I use to do co-op in high school at a hair stylist shop and they always hassled me about how i should perm my hair since it is too thick and my braids im glad i got out of there in one piece.

LovelyLionessa

I_shure_do_wish said:
Oh I thought you were refering to braid extensions. But yup I get that look most from hair stylists all the time. I remeber when I use to do co-op in high school at a hair stylist shop and they always hassled me about how i should perm my hair since it is too thick and my braids im glad i got out of there in one piece.

Yeah, I stretch my relaxers and when I used to go to the salon, it always felt as though the stylist were "punishing" me for stretching, by ripping through my new growth. :eek: :mad: Picture Celie combing Mister's kid's hair in The Color Purple. :cry2:

Needless to say, I don't go to stylists anymore. :lol:

shunta

Priestess said:
Yeah, I stretch my relaxers and when I used to go to the salon, it always felt as though the stylist were "punishing" me for stretching, by ripping through my new growth. :eek: :mad: Picture Celie combing Mister's kid's hair in The Color Purple. :cry2:

Needless to say, I don't go to stylists anymore. :lol:
Aww no!:lol: I remember that scene all too well! I sure wish I could self-relax:perplexed

LovelyLionessa

shunta said:
Aww no!:lol: I remember that scene all too well! I sure wish I could self-relax:perplexed

Girl, you know what I'm talking 'bout! :lol:

I used to be terrified at the prospect of self relaxing, but now I am so grateful that I can do it with my husband's help. :) Southergirl has some great tips in a thread. You can practice getting the timing down and application technique with with cholesterol conditioner until your more comfortable. ;)

shunta

Priestess said:
Girl, you know what I'm talking 'bout! :lol:

I used to be terrified at the prospect of self relaxing, but now I am so grateful that I can do it with my husband's help. :) Southergirl has some great tips in a thread. You can practice getting the timing down and application technique with with cholesterol conditioner until your more comfortable. ;)
Aww thanks for the motivating words. :) You're right, I think Im gonna practice with the cholesterol and ask hubby to help, too:look:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My most successful routine

~Shampoo and deep condition twice a week
~Mositurize daily in the form of co washes
~Daily leave-in and then sealing with oil
~No protective styles
~No heat

Catina72

Deep condition as a pre-poo on dry hair with every wash
Heat cap for deep conditioning
Washing 1x per week
Air-drying with satin scarf
Sealing with WGO or coconut oil
Using good hair day pins vs satin scrunchie

mommatide

*wash and d/c once a week (alternate protein/moistureizing)
*rollerset and pin up/ none-very little manipulation during week
heavy protein treatment after relaxer
*oil ends/daily moisture with keracare product's
*relaxed with mizani@salon/every 6-8 week's, tried stretching to 12, but my very dry newgrowth breaks when i wait too long which makes it worse, and it sheds terribly ,so no more long stretch 4 me
*multi-vit/biotin/horsetail

i did this years ago, then fell off after my hair was super long,
:mad: that was the worse thing i could have done. so, after another setback this weekend(attempted at home relaxer with 10 weeks stretch), i will go back to this regimen. hopefully i can get back on track.