What works best......

What are you?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BLESSED1

Curious as to what others think....What do you feel works best for your hair, regular visits to the salon/letting your hair dresser take care of your hair; home self-haircare; or a mix of both? I've been taking care of my hair myself for the last 3 years with good results, the hairstylists use too much heat for my hair personally it doesn't take well to those 2000watt dryers!

PrettyBrownEyes

I have better results taking care of my hair at home. I leave the salon visits for touch-ups of my relaxer, semi-permanent color, and trims. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MonaLisa

So far, I've been good with a mix...but I'm getting better with doing my own hair as well. I can't give up my Domincan salon for my rollerset when I don't want to be bothered.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I was always a go to every week salon girl! Now that I have been taking care of my hair since Sept. I have noticed a dramatic difference in the texture of my hair! I sometimes wonder what was the benefit of going. Now I only go when I need a touch up and I am trying to stretch that out to 10-12 weeks. I know one thing, I am saving alot of money by doing it myself. I must admit in the past I tried to do my hair myself, but it always looked horrible! Since coming here, I know what products to use to give me that better than salon look I was getting! I owe this to the LHCF!!! THANK YOU!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

(Goodness I sound like someone handing out an award!)

winterinatl

All natural!
I have never been one to go to the hairdresser often. Back in college, my hair broke alot because I didn't have somone consistent to do the relaxer. I was always able to wash and style successfully on my own. My hair has grown considerably in the past two years, since I found this hair board and since I found my favorite hairdresser in Atlanta! She really knows what she's doing, and it shows.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Those heifers screw me everytime, so no more salons for me /images/graemlins/nono.gif and certainly not on reg. basis.

vickiepickles

All About Me!
I voted a mix of both, meaning I go to the salon once every 3 months for a relaxer application. Everything else, I take care of myself. It kills me when the hairdresser says, you'll need to come back in 2 weeks for a deep conditioner----like I can only have a deep conditioner treatment in her chair!

chicamorena

[ QUOTE ]
FlowerHair said:
[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
100% home/self care! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

[/ QUOTE ]

Double Ditto!

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Those heifers screw me everytime, so no more salons for me /images/graemlins/nono.gif and certainly not on reg. basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...heifers...lol.

Falon

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You took the words right out of my mouth! Aside from my mini-trim in September...I have been avoiding them like plauge and my hair is thanking me for it by finally growing back after 2 years of going regularly and looking and feeling like crap.

From now on...I go only 2 maybe 3 times a year tops.

Carlie

If you're relaxed, I'll say a little of both if you can't apply your own relaxers. If you can relax at home, then I'd say 100 pct home care. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
i voted home/self care...like Carlie said, unless u cant self relax or do you're own hair, have a professinal stylist that u trust and knows your hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dreemssold

A mix of both. The only styles I can do myself are those that involve air drying (pin curls, braid outs, and twist outs), and I can neither relax or trim my own hair. Plus, I just love the way my hair looks once it's done...I doubt I'll ever be achieve that myself.

Ronda123

[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
[ QUOTE ]
FlowerHair said:
[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
100% home/self care! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

[/ QUOTE ]

Double Ditto!

[/ QUOTE ]

Triple Ditto! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BLESSED1

hmmm....I'm wondering if relaxed heads fair better at salons and naturals/transitioners fair better with the self-care?? But if there were any reputable natural hair care salons in my area I would be willing to check them out & if their techniques were similar to mine than I'd just stick to doing my own hair and save the $$$...any thoughts?

Britt

Def. home care. I only go to hairdresser for, occasional trims, and relaxers. If I want a sleek wrap, i will let them rollerset and blow. Other than that, I attribute the health of my hair to *me*.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
I do my hair 95% of the time. I only go to my hairdresser for touch ups every 2.5 months.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!