What's the difference between the curlbox and the curlkit?

Lisa

I see lots of posts about the curlbox but nothing about the curlkit. http://www.curlkitshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2 I first heard of it from beautifulbrwnbabydol at ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo7x60YBC6A
It is also a $20 monthly subscriptions where:

Each month, CurlKit sends out a selection of 6-9 samples that their team of online experts, researches and even tries themselves. In each CurlKit you'll receive everything from pomades and conditioners to natural hair tools, from well-known brands as well as emerging gems.

This is a SUBSCRIPTION service. $20 will be charged to your credit card when you purchase and then every month on the 15th of the month until you cancel.

I was just about to subscribe but I decided to search for it on here but didn't find it. Thinking about taking the plunge :lol:

Thoughts?

SEMO

Most of the reviews I've seen are on youtube (I subscribe to neither). I think both provide the same service. Just depends on which company you prefer to deal with (like choosing Pepsi or Coke).

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Pepsi and Coke taste very different they just look the same.

Let me know which one you choose. I use Curlbox BUT i don't style my hair that often and I don't wash my hair that often. Meaning.....I don't do braid outs and other styles that may require you to use the products (gel, curling creme, curl activator) that they send you. They are good products but not very practical for me right now. I would prefer oils, leave ins, spray bottles, hair accessories.

Lisa

TopShelf you are making me reconsider. I don't do all of those things either. I do a roller set and that's about it!....Mmmmmm????

MsChelle

I currently get both boxes. I find that the products that I get from CurlKit seem to be more along the lines of things I cannot pick up at Sally's or Walgreens. Curlbox takes a lot of heat because not everyone gets the same items each month and sometimes people feel slighted and some feel the owner can be a bit difficult. She has no problem blocking you for saying something less than favorable about her service.

TopShelf

I think that I might switch to the CurlKit after watching the videos. Much more unique products

BrookeLynn

I'm a new Curlkit subbie and I love it so far. My holiday kit was filled with goodies and they work really well for my hair. I signed up for Curlbox too this weekend- their December box seemed good this month so hopefully they'll get better about putting unique products in and not stuff you can find at Walgreens.

Lisa

Ya'll know my Junkie tendencies can't take the pressure. I just ordered the curlkit!

Blairx0

Subbed.

I will post a review when I get.mine. but for 18 bucks why not try.

I find myself impulse buying hair things when I go to big box stores. Today I made myself put something back because I had products coming. I think this will be good for me. I will report back.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Pepsi and Coke taste very different they just look the same.

Let me know which one you choose. I use Curlbox BUT i don't style my hair that often and I don't wash my hair that often. Meaning.....I don't do braid outs and other styles that may require you to use the products (gel, curling creme, curl activator) that they send you. They are good products but not very practical for me right now. I would prefer oils, leave ins, spray bottles, hair accessories.

You might like Curlkit. My December box had a hair accessory and leave-in. I don't know if that's the norm or a holiday thing though

Shadiyah

you know I am a real PJ but every since these 2 companies started I have not felt the the need to give my money away. I know it is a real good idea for newbies who have not found out what works for their hair yet and if there are products you would like to be surprise about. I love what I love and I will buy over and over again of what I love I don't want a bunch of products that I can't use sitting around.

But all that aside I watch all the videos every month and Curlkit I think stared 2nd and she is doing a better job at running a business.

Blairx0

Fyi curl kit is doing 10% off with the code: NEWYEAR

But you just use my code and make my day! Either way can't wait to hear reviews

BrookeLynn

I love two of the products that were in my December curlkit. The Crazy Sexy Cool Curls mousse and the Aunt Jackie's Knot On My Watch are the truth dot gov. I can't wait to try the other products later this month.

TopShelf

this months Curlkit contents:

As I am Coconut CoWash, Koils By nature leave In,
Moisture Max Cream Conditioner, Pooks Pure and Simple Sugar Body Polish, Salon Exotics keratin Maintenance, Coco and Cream Shampoo Bar and Annie Denman Style Brush. Pic to come

Last edited:

Sunshine_One

Yes I almost want to say I like Curlkit better. :yep:

However, I just received my 1st curlBox yesterday. Let's just say I was underwhelmed! :perplexed It wasn't bad I was just expecting more. I was lucky enough to be gifted the September Curlkit at a Natural hair event. it had 2 full size products and lot's of samples. I also enjoyed the mini magazine that was included. It had really good info, especially for a newbie natural. Looking forward to receiving both boxes next month to do a side by side comparison.

ETA: Blairx0 Thanks much for the Curlkit discount code!

Sunshine_One

I must say it was so EASY to order the Curlkit! I can't believe a vet like me got caught up in the curlBox hype...but I just had to try it! PJism is real...smh lol