what's the longest time you've wore a weave?

how long have you kept a weave in for?

• 3weeks or less

Votes: 48 12.4%
  • 3-7weeks

Votes: 97 25.0%
  • 7-11weeks

Votes: 90 23.2%
  • 11-15weeks

Votes: 107 27.6%
  • 15weeks and above

Votes: 46 11.9%

• Total voters

ZkittyKurls

^^i was just wondering about that, my hair would take forever...like two days to dry :blush: and im not sweatin and playin in sand:drunk: so i felt that for a long period of time that i will be havin my weave in , 3 months, i should only wash the weave hair as opposed to both the hair and mines. this will be the longest ive had one in and im on week 6 with no complaints. there is hope:look:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i went about 12 or 13 weeks, but not on purpose. i went into labor and had a baby. so i had to wait. LOL!

usually i go about 8-10 weeks.

my hair was fine, but the tangling was a long long process....my hair was so tangled. i was at the salon for HOURS! and i was breastfeeding, so i missed a feeding and was about to explode by the time i got out of there. LOL! (i can laugh now. then i was almost in tears)

my regi -
wash once a week with diluted shampoo and condish.
rinse scalp once a week with water to remove sweat from workouts
deep condition with every wash (dilute condish and sit under dryer for 20 mins)
moisturize once a week with chi keratin and oils

that's it.

Nasdaq_Diva

The longest I've ever gone is 12 weeks and not a day later. The longer I wait, the more at risk I am for potential damage. Luckily (knock on wood) I haven't had any major major weaving setbacks from keeping them in to long.

africanqueen456

I've gone a lil over 4 months twice. My secret: wet n wavy hair. I washed it everyday the first time. Washed it every other day and oiled my scalp the second time. I think i could have gone longer the second time. I only took it out for an event. But it was looking fresh as ever even in the fourth month. I even had ppl stopping me in the street, no lie. I had a little piece of hair left out which i kept moist and did braid outs to make it match the wet n wavy hair. I also relaxed that piece in the third month. I never had any knots or tangles and I got lots of growth. Oh yea I used that cheap bss hair too. :lol: My advice to any weave wearer be it straight or curly is you need to treat the weave with just as much care as u treat ur real hair.

:perplexed I have had wet and wavy installed 3x from the bss...and after 2 weeks of weekly washing that stuff shed and was tangly...
What brands were you all using to last that long becuase my bss hair will not last longer than 2-3 weeks:nono:

Tiye

I haven't worn a weave yet personally but I've had long term hairstyles including braid extensions and multiple sets of locs. There are comments in this thread about hair matting and someone having to cut 12 inches .... That sounds excessive to me. If you want to save your hair you have to be patient during the take down if you want to preserve your length. That means if the matting is bad you probably won't be able to take it down and clear out the hair in one night. If you have to spend several days at it detangling small sections at a time then that's what you have to do. As for the extension hair tangling - again be patient with it. Use a good conditioner (this is worthwhile even if you use inexpensive hair), then work at tangles with your fingers first - pulling at them gently - then with a wide toothed comb - do this in small sections. Don't get frustrated and attack the tangles or yank on them that just makes it worse - this applies for any kind of hair, yours, extension, human, synthetic - or any other kind of fiber.