What's the most expensive hair product you've ever bought?

onejamifan

What is the most expensive or strangest hair product you have ever purchased? I've noticed a lot of you ladies buy a WHOLE LOT of products, but is there one particluar product or type of product you've ever bought that was really expensive and what results did you get? Bottom line, does more expensive = better results.

Here is my list of most expenisve

Conditioner- Orlane Magnificent Hair Care $75
Smells wonderfully and gives hair great slip, but not worth the price tag.

Hair/Scalp Treatment-Renee Furterer Concentrated Hair Strengthening Ampoules $67

Bought these years ago, so I'm sure the price was cheaper back then, but did not really see any difference in the amount of shedding.

Relaxer-Phytorelaxer Index 2 $60

Used this last week and it did not burn my scalp but I still feel scalp sensitivity and my hair was left limp and lifeless :sad: My hair dresser said it was good, but I think I probably should have used the index 1. I was not impressed AT ALL :nono:

And last but not least, the strangest product I've ever bought at a department store for my hair, was the

Fango Active Mud for Hair and Scalp by Borghese $36

This product was 'alright'. I used this back when I was a teenager and it was actually a gray product back then. It has a distincitve smell and texture and it leaves your hair feeling a little coarse, but the experience of using mud in your hair is well worth it. It's like a spa in a jar!

Ok, there is my list. Please feel free to share yours :)

Last edited:

janeemat

A poo by Phillip B (???) called trouffles or something like that. I think it was around $55. And no it was not worth it.

Brownie518

Ovation Cell Therapy - $56.00 - seems to be working great :yep:

Kerastase Oleo Relax masque - excellent!

Wigo dryer - $100.00

My Aveda DR and Brilliant liters - my favs for life!!!

Cleve_gryl

My Conair hooded dryer that was $99.00 was the most expensive thus far :look:.

I thought that my Aveda DR set was pricey at $60!! Yall got me beat.

lovinmylocs

Goodness this is embarrassing for me...I have a bunch of expensive stuff and the verdict is still out on most of them.

I have this hair treatment and I haven't used it yet. I bought it from QVC. It was $98 (I think) what was I thinking.

I have the Ojon Tawaka shampoo and conditioner but the supersize...dang it QVC. They were like it's the only shampoo and conditioner you'll need all year and it's only $89.78 and you can divide that over two flex pays. HA! I thought that if I only bought this and nothing else it would be cheaper in the long run. But I'm a PJ and I can't stop buying things. I like the condish I just can't take that chocolatey smell but when I use it I have the softest hair ever. Like baby soft...maybe I should get over the smell.

This cost me $28 and I love it so it's a keeper.

Aveda cherry almond bark condish...this cost me $23.00 and my hair eats it up but I use it every morning despite the instructions on the back which says once a week or something like that. It's great...also a keeper.

The Ojon revitalizing mist. I got it from Sephora. It was almost $30 (for a dang 5 oz. detangler) and the jury is out. I've used it twice but I didn't notice a difference.

This was $30.00 (only 4 oz.) and I didn't fall in love with it but I only used it once.

Maybe I should pull some of this stuff out and use it again. My life is wrapped up in my hair. I have a wish list that has about another 15 items on it and I'm tempted to get some more stuff.

ETA: I forgot about my maxiglide flat iron and my pibbs dryer that hasn't made it to my house yet. (But I'm not bitter or anything...maybe a little.)

tapioca_pudding

Ovation Cell Therapy - $56.00 - seems to be working great :yep:

Kerastase Oleo Relax masque - excellent!

Wigo dryer - $100.00

My Aveda DR and Brilliant liters - my favs for life!!!

I have been wanting to try this but can't justify droppin the dough!!!! :nono: Maybe that will be a present to myself when I hit my weight goal.. :D

Fine 4s

Blended Beauty's Curl Quenching Conditioner and that was 25$!!!
I am way too cheap for ya'll!

Got my eye on the Alter Ego products, Pibbs, Aveda products and the Ovation Therapy...

aziza

Ojon restorative hair treatment----75CAN

Kerastase Nutritive Masquintense---- ~40CAN

CHI turbo pro dryer-----190CAN

JustKiya

I'ma a small fry when it comes to pricey hair items - I'm pretty sure the AfroDetangler was the most expensive at 56 bucks - and the verdict is mostly out.... :ohwell:

lovinmylocs

I'ma a small fry when it comes to pricey hair items - I'm pretty sure the AfroDetangler was the most expensive at 56 bucks - and the verdict is mostly out.... :ohwell:

I also have this - and I like it now. When I first used it I wasn't thrilled. I'm natural and I have bone dry hair. If I'm not careful I can start a brush fire up there. I've been using two pumps of this and sealing the hair with jojoba oil at night. (I just figured out what sealing was this week from this board.) I've noticed a difference in my hair - it def softer and I think the sealing helps.

Now back to your scheduled programming....

onejamifan

Well if we're counting appliances, then my Pibbs 514 is DEF my priciest item... :drunk: I love him tho.... he warms my cold nights.. so sessy...

I'm there with you. I guess appliances should be included too and my Pibbs 514 is definitely my most expensive single purchase ever, but absolutely worth every single penny.

And I must agree with Brownie518 about the Oleo Relax line. It leaves my hair silky smooth and it smells wonderfully. I'm a sucker for perfume -like scents in hair products!:drunk:

Thanks for all of you who've replied so far. Its great to see what products you all splurge on and what you think of their effectiveness.

imstush

Ojon kits x2 at $75.00 each
Restorative $21.00
Paste x2 $25.00 each

Phyto Phytophanere dietary supplement $50.00
Phytoaxis treatment $50.00

And then there are the countless Aveda products. Oh my Nexxus leave in costed me $18 bucks. At the time I thought that was a lot, but now not so much.

Last edited:

mikal

I love this product - and anything from kerastase - i noticed that when i used my iron with this and the hairspray (from the same line / same color bottle) the hair (tho it was a weave -indian hair) - would hardly get split ends...

everything from kerastase works great for me - expensive but well worth it..

MiWay

I think it's a tie between my Aveda DR poo (the big size) and my generic Chi. Phytorelaxer is a close second.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
The most expensive product I ever bought in my entire life was CHI Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex for $18.99. I don't think I can ever buy a hair product for over $20.00.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
The most expensive items I bought for my hair is my Pibbs 514, a Chi Turbo flatiron, and $25 conditioner (neva again...)

ScandalousBeauty

Return It ASAP!!!!!!!! I bought that ojon treatment a few months after it came out, and it was SUCH a waste of money. It reeks of incense and it did literally nothing for my hair!

Goodness this is embarrassing for me...I have a bunch of expensive stuff and the verdict is still out on most of them.

I have this hair treatment and I haven't used it yet. I bought it from QVC. It was $98 (I think) what was I thinking.

I have the Ojon Tawaka shampoo and conditioner but the supersize...dang it QVC. They were like it's the only shampoo and conditioner you'll need all year and it's only $89.78 and you can divide that over two flex pays. HA! I thought that if I only bought this and nothing else it would be cheaper in the long run. But I'm a PJ and I can't stop buying things. I like the condish I just can't take that chocolatey smell but when I use it I have the softest hair ever. Like baby soft...maybe I should get over the smell.

This cost me $28 and I love it so it's a keeper.

Aveda cherry almond bark condish...this cost me $23.00 and my hair eats it up but I use it every morning despite the instructions on the back which says once a week or something like that. It's great...also a keeper.

The Ojon revitalizing mist. I got it from Sephora. It was almost $30 (for a dang 5 oz. detangler) and the jury is out. I've used it twice but I didn't notice a difference.

This was $30.00 (only 4 oz.) and I didn't fall in love with it but I only used it once.

Maybe I should pull some of this stuff out and use it again. My life is wrapped up in my hair. I have a wish list that has about another 15 items on it and I'm tempted to get some more stuff.

ETA: I forgot about my maxiglide flat iron and my pibbs dryer that hasn't made it to my house yet. (But I'm not bitter or anything...maybe a little.)

sylver2

-Some Phillip B conditioner that didn't even work
it was like $50.
-That horrid Terax conditioner-$25 for that tube of crap
-The little bottle of Chi silk infusion. Its like $30. Don't work but i'll be damned if i give it away or throw it away. Its gonna sit under my sink like a precious metal.
-my maxiglide-worth the $$..never thought I'd spend that much on a flat iron tho:-/
-Aveda shampoo/comditioner which dried out my hair
-Some nasty smelling Phyto conditiner/masque from Nordstoms for like $40 didn't do Jack!!!

amber815

PIBBS 514 (still awaiting it's arrival...) and MAXIglide MP.

I think the most expensive product I have is that big bottle of ORS replenishing ($11.99 lol)

Allandra

Aveda DR line:

shampoo (liter size $67)

conditioner (liter size $84)

treatment (16 oz $68)

I'm still loving this stuff.

:yep:

Last edited: