What's the most expensive hair product you've ever bought?

Barbara

Princess
Verifen Complex Advanced Conditioning Treatment for $59.99 plus shipping for a 40 ounce tub. Extraordinary results :superbanana: when used with the Beneficial Phase Shampoo. :woot:

anon123

Goodness this is embarrassing for me...I have a bunch of expensive stuff and the verdict is still out on most of them.

I have this hair treatment and I haven't used it yet. I bought it from QVC. It was $98 (I think) what was I thinking.

I have the Ojon Tawaka shampoo and conditioner but the supersize...dang it QVC. They were like it's the only shampoo and conditioner you'll need all year and it's only $89.78 and you can divide that over two flex pays. HA! I thought that if I only bought this and nothing else it would be cheaper in the long run. But I'm a PJ and I can't stop buying things. I like the condish I just can't take that chocolatey smell but when I use it I have the softest hair ever. Like baby soft...maybe I should get over the smell.

:lachen: That is how they get you! HSN used to have me buying all sorts of unnecessary stuff. But that Ojon at $100 for a 3.5 oz jar, wow! :eek2: I hope it's really good.

I have the Aveda treatment, too. It's pretty good, but I don't know if I will repurchase. It counts as my most expensive product, and I have a flat iron I got for 80-something dollars.

Well if we're counting appliances, then my Pibbs 514 is DEF my priciest item... :drunk: I love him tho.... he warms my cold nights.. so sessy...

:lachen:

Nonie

The most expensive hair "product" I've ever bought is hair extensions. 2 bags of 28" human hair extension for $95 each. After tax and shipping, I had forked out a little over $200. :hide: In my defense, I used the same hair extensions between December 2003 and June or July 2006. :look:

lilsparkle825

My Chi Flat iron, silk infusion, iron guard combo purchase -$75 (ebay) i'm really cheap cuz it took me 2 years to break down and finally get that flat iron (very worth the money)
and Gold n hot hooded dryer $26 (i love ebay)
I am a shopaholic but I am also really cheap:ohwell:
this is me all the way...i stan for a pibbs but i cant justify that expense while i am in college and i have to pay rent and CC bills. my next purchase will be a rollabout dryer when i get my refund check from school but i will get a used one on craigslist.
I was lucky enough to find some cheap staples quickly .. soo .. idk, those weekly ORS Packs add up.:look::lachen:
LOL!!! you tried the replenishing conditioner in the bottle? much cheaper...i may get it soon actually.

so far my most expensive purchase is the solia i bought a few months ago. i used it exactly twice before i BC'd and swore off heat till september.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I was lucky enough to find some cheap staples quickly .. soo .. idk, those weekly ORS Packs add up.:look::lachen:

I love those ORS packs...I load up on them too. :yep:

My most expensive purchase for hair is the Ovation Hair Care System.

I love :love4: it.

My future purchases will be loads of Natural Hair Care Products such as Shescentsit; Komaza, Beauty 4 Ashes, Ojon Tawaka.

AND.....

A real hair steamer....my homemade method isn't up to the real thing. :lol:

Solitude

$60 phyto relaxer, I absolutely loved it. I paid $95 when I got it done at the salon. It straightened my hair with no damage and left it bouncy and shiny (see avatar).

I'm giving relaxers a break,though.

Last edited:

Michelle79

Sedu 1" flat iron- $100 worth every penny!
Frederic Fekkai Salon Glaze Clear Shine Rinse- $28- just bought it haven't used it yet.

I am seriously eyeing that Fekkai Overnight Hair Repair for $195 :sekret:

I need a hooded dryer too. I'm sure I'll pay some $$$ for a good one.

Blessed_Angel

Sedu 1" flat iron- $100 worth every penny!
Frederic Fekkai Salon Glaze Clear Shine Rinse- $28- just bought it haven't used it yet.

I am seriously eyeing that Fekkai Overnight Hair Repair for $195 :sekret:

I need a hooded dryer too. I'm sure I'll pay some $$$ for a good one.

Same here...a Sedu 2.5"

holland

Miss Jessie's ButterCreme, Curly Pudding and Curly Merenge (sp?). I also bought some BBD Stretch for 60 bucks.:ohwell:

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Confession time.

-Sedu Flatiron (Hated it and sold it)
-Solia Flatiron - $85
-FHI Flartiron - $80
-H2Pro Iron - $80 (LOVE IT!)
-Hair extensions from His and Her hair - The Italian Mink Natural Perm thin weft stuff. - Almost $200 :blush: it was good hair, too.
-Aveda DR Treatment in the 16 oz bottle - $68 I think.
-Spending $180 to get my hair braided every 2 months. :blush:

I made up for some of that because I got a Rusk Hyperionic dryer for only $30 brand new and a Rusk SpeedFreak Dryer for $40 brand new. I just don't spend like that on my hair anymore. I will buy quality appliances as needed. SO WORTH IT! I will also get more Aveda DR treatment, as needed.

HoneyDew

WOWW!!

OK:

I bought the Ojon Restorative treatment
55 bucks....:rolleyes:

totally not worth it.

The Pibbs and flat irons don't count IMO... but
I spent 300 bucks on the pibbs....:yawn:

I agree. I WILL spend on my appliances. I do feel that you get what you pay for in most cases with these.

carameldiva

Paying $30 for a gallon of Nature's Gate Daily Herbal Conditioner- but I like it so I think it was worth my monies.

Paying 65-75 dollars each for a gallon of Avocado Detangling Mist Spray and Premier Rehydrant Spray. These haven't arrived yet but I think they will be well worth my money.

ayoung

EP hair. $125 for 2 oz. I LUV this hair. Bought 6 oz

2nd is Ovation Cell Threapy $56 and about to get some more:nono::look::yep:

Denise11

Gallon of joico k-pak daily recostructing conditioner=$43, $53 with shipping, from eBay.

Tub of Keracare Humecto=$40 w/tax

Kenra liters of moisturizing shampoo and conditioner duo= $41 from eBay

snookes

What is the most expensive or strangest hair product you have ever purchased? I've noticed a lot of you ladies buy a WHOLE LOT of products, but is there one particluar product or type of product you've ever bought that was really expensive and what results did you get? Bottom line, does more expensive = better results.

Here is my list of most expenisve

Conditioner- Orlane Magnificent Hair Care $75
Smells wonderfully and gives hair great slip, but not worth the price tag.

Hair/Scalp Treatment-Renee Furterer Concentrated Hair Strengthening Ampoules $67

Bought these years ago, so I'm sure the price was cheaper back then, but did not really see any difference in the amount of shedding.

Relaxer-Phytorelaxer Index 2 $60

Used this last week and it did not burn my scalp but I still feel scalp sensitivity and my hair was left limp and lifeless :sad: My hair dresser said it was good, but I think I probably should have used the index 1. I was not impressed AT ALL :nono:

And last but not least, the strangest product I've ever bought at a department store for my hair, was the

Fango Active Mud for Hair and Scalp by Borghese $36

This product was 'alright'. I used this back when I was a teenager and it was actually a gray product back then. It has a distincitve smell and texture and it leaves your hair feeling a little coarse, but the experience of using mud in your hair is well worth it. It's like a spa in a jar!

Ok, there is my list. Please feel free to share yours :)
Jane carter nourish and shine £19 & 1Litre Giovanni direct leave in £27.

Love the Jane carter nourish and shine have re purchased it 4 times and about to order some more. Smells lovely :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Kerastase masks $60 each
Kerastase Thermique $40
Alter Ego conditioner $35
Hsn vitamins $25
Nioxin scalp renew system $35
Lace wigs > $200

GGsKin

Lace wigs £180 or under.
Babyliss Pro Titanium flat iron £88 (with a discount).
Jojoba Oil £50 or thereabouts.
KCCC £14 - £25.99

Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
I couldn't rest until I had my hands on some Leonor Greyl stuff. $59 bottle of oil at 3.2 oz, and a $65 tub of conditioner at 7 oz.

Jose Eber conditioning tool at $60

Olaplex kit (twice) at about $85

Most recent splurges

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
PRODUCT - LRC Shake and Go refill liter, $54: I love it. It's my favorite protein leave in spray and detangler.

TOOL - LCL Professional Hair Steamer, $109 or $119 or $129...I forget which price it was: I like it but became too lazy to keep rolling it out and I no longer have the space to leave it up all the time

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Products:

Per oz: my most expensive product was Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream. $32 for 16oz. Of course, I hated it. Sigh.

Price alone: Ingredients To Die For's Marshmallow Moisture Balm. $80 for 8lb. I love this product and will never let it go. Unfortunately for non resellers, the largest size you can now buy is 32 oz for $37. I travel to Austin once a year, so when able, I try to buy enough for the whole year and pick it up from their warehouse.

Tool:
LCL Beauty Steamer $140. A one time purchase that was well worth it. If I can get 5 years out of my steamer before I have to buy another, I'll be fine with that.