What's the purpose of a texturizer?

CoOLY_GyAL87

What\'s the purpose of a texturizer?

My homegirl once told me that I should put a texturizer in my hair, but I never did because I didn't know what it's purpose was, and whether or not I would end up losing some hair from doing this. Can someone tell me what it does and how it's helpful. Thankyou

alliyah4eva203

Re: What\'s the purpose of a texturizer?

it loosens the curl pattern of your hair but not as much as a relaxer. so you can wear your curly or straight and it is less damaging than a relxer.

divacurl2004

a texturizer is a mild relaxer left on for a shorter period on time. the purpose of a texturizer is to loose up natural curls/naps without getting them bone straight like a relaxer would do. it you aply and leave it is as your suppose to, and take care of hair properly, you shouldn't have an breakage at all. i think the biggest mistake women make with getting texturizer is think there hair going to look like what i like to call scary spice/keils/holly robinson/ anyone eles hair. a texturizer can only loosen up what you already have.

divacurl2004

a texturizer is a mild relaxer left on for a shorter period on time. the purpose of a texturizer is to loose up natural curls/naps without getting them bone straight like a relaxer would do. it you aply and leave it is as your suppose to, and take care of hair properly, you shouldn't have an breakage at all. i think the biggest mistake women make with getting texturizer is think there hair going to look like what i like to call scary spice/keils/holly robinson/ anyone eles hair. a texturizer can only loosen up what you already have.

alliyah4eva203

[ QUOTE ]
divacurl2004 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
excatly

CoOLY_GyAL87

so what if you put it only once, can u back to how your hair was before the texturizer? I know that sounds dumb

Netta1

A texturizer is the same thing as a relaxer, both are strong chemicals. The only difference is the texturizer is not left on for a long time, thus not leaving the hair completely straight. Texturizers loosen up the curls that you already have in your hair, like Cooly said they don't create curls where there are none.