What's up with Toys for Tots?

I'm glad they at least decided to accept the Jesus dolls. At first they said they wouldn't because Toys for Tots doesn't promote any one religion. But, HELLO, Chistmas is a CHRISTIAN holiday! I'm sorry but I think that if you would be offended by any Christian symbols then why celebrate Christmas? And whether they realize it or not, people who buy toys (or accept toys) for their kids for Christmas are celebrating Christmas, a Christian holiday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15753237/

firecracker

Wow I had not heard about this craziness. Christmas is supposedly celebrating the birth of Christ. Though many have totally gotten away from the original idea and turned it into a consumers nightmare and end up debtors prison by Jan 1.:perplexed

I know. And since we've gotten so far from the true meaning of Christmas, people forget that its purpose is to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

pebbles

I heard about this. I think they can just donate the dolls to several churches if they're concerned about offending someone who is non-Christian. It would have been crazy not to accept the dolls. As you said, the majority of folks have forgotten that Christmas is a Christian holiday. Oh well. :look:

michc

Don't even get me started on this. Here in the UK, the Lord just doesn't figure in Christmas. Manufacturers are busy trying to remove figures of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, or nativity scenes, from christmas cards - in case it offends other religions (whose leaders speak out and say that it doesn't). The Red Cross removed any mention of Christ from their cards a year or two ago (not sure if they still have, I was so incensed that I don't even check back now).

But y'all are happy to have Christmas day as a holiday....:mad:

The fact is they can try and ignore Christ but He ain't going nowhere! He is here to stay and no government, industry, school, church or whatever will ever succeed in their plans to oust Him. They don't know who their up against. :cool: :yep:

ETA : correct some spelling

michc said:
Don't even get me started on this. Here in the UK, the Lord just doesn't figure in Christmas. Manufacturers are busy trying to remove figures of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, or nativity scenes, from christmas cards - in case it offends other religions (whose leaders speak out and say that it doesn't). The Red Cross removed any mention of Christ from their cards a year or two ago (not sure if they still have, I was so incensed that I don't even check back now).

But y'all are happy to have Christmas day as a holiday....:mad:

The fact is they can try and ignore Christ but He ain't going nowhere! He is here to stay and no government, industry, school, church or whatever will ever succeed in their plans to oust Him. They don't know who their up against. :cool: :yep:

ETA : correct some spelling

That's crazy! Why are Christians trying to appease non-Christians by "playing down" our holidays? Can you see the Muslims or Jewish people doing that? :sad: I guess it's up to us to make sure that at least our children don't forget what these holidays really mean.

Lex_Artis

That seems so odd to me (the initial decision not to accept the dolls).

When I was in, the phrase "God, Country, Corps" was part of the vernacular of the Marine Corps, and used to remind us that our loyalties were to God first, Country second and the Marine Corps third.

Hmmm...:confused:

michael77 said:
That seems so odd to me (the initial decision not to accept the dolls).

When I was in, the phrase "God, Country, Corps" was part of the vernacular of the Marine Corps, and used to remind us that our loyalties were to God first, Country second and the Marine Corps third.

Hmmm...:confused:

Wow, I didn't know the marines taught that. That's good. I really think that they just didn't want to offend anyone who is not Christian. I just think that's going to far when you're celebrating a Christian holiday.