• HEAT

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • PERM

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • BOTH

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters

Rae1234

i wanted to know everyones opinion; if a applying heat to your hair every week is worse than a perm... visa versa...which one is more damaging?? if you have experience don't be afraid to share it

lilamae

hey girlie, not sure about the answer to this one. I think it depends on a lot of factors. How much heat, hair type, texlaxing, bonstraight etc etc. Thats probably why there are so few responses..the lhcf girls are very technical:)

Irresistible

Yeah I agree its hard not to get technical

But If I had to choose one for my hair I would say Relaxing

But weekly heat can be just as bad depending

I wont be doing either ...ever

kiesha8185

i wanted to know everyones opinion; if a applying heat to your hair every week is worse than a perm... visa versa...which one is more damaging?? if you have experience don't be afraid to share it

Depends. Over-use of both of them will leave you with thin, damaged hair.

I would never advocate using heat every week. Indirect heat is okay, but flat-ironing or any other source of direct heat on a weekly basis can lead to damage.

For me, it would be healthier to relax 3 times a year and not use any heat. On the same note, a natural can straighten their hair twice a month without any ill effects.

I guess in the end it depends on the person and how they choose to wear their hair daily.

DivaRox

I opt for Perm. With the perm, you are subject to damage your scalp(possibly permanently) along with your hair if used incorrectly.

Isis

Both can be used safely but it depends on how and under what conditions. If one uses chemicals in the hair, heat needs to used sparingly and indirectly or not at all. If hair is natural, it can take more direct heat safely.

tyte curlz

Both can be used safely but it depends on how and under what conditions. If one uses chemicals in the hair, heat needs to used sparingly and indirectly or not at all. If hair is natural, it can take more direct heat safely.

Agree both can be used safely:yep:

almondjoi85

I think that both heat and relaxers can be used safely. Just don't overdo it on the heat or use too high of a heat setting and select the right relaxer for your hair type and don't overlap it on the previously relaxed sections.

Kurlee

perm. Hair will hold up better if heat damaged than if overstraightened by a relaxer

TrustMeLove

I voted heat. Because heat can jack up a naturals person's hair and a relaxed person's hair. You really have to know what your doing when dealing with heat.

Lovelylocs

I voted heat. Because heat can jack up a naturals person's hair and a relaxed person's hair. You really have to know what your doing when dealing with heat.

I agree. Even if you use heat correctly, it's still damaging. If you use a relaxer correctly and take care of ur hair, u'll be fine. Plus, w/relaxed hair u don't have to use as much heat to straighten/style if any at all.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I voted both, I dont believe one is better than the other. I have been fried from the flat iron and it took lots of work to get it back into shape. My freshmen year of college my savior was tthe flat iron. I washed weekly, oiled with WGHO, flat iron and roller wrapped my hair and by the end of that year my hair was very thin, see thru ends and all. So I just fixed it by cutting it off andd starting over right...... Sorry to go on and on, but they both are hair killer. Since I only use heat on my relaxer day which was every 6 months finna be every 4 its not that bad for me cause its only that one day.