What's wrong with people???

diamondlady

What\'s wrong with people???

I have some friends that are amazed at my hair growth. (Not a lot of progress, but I have rebounded from extreme hair loss). They come up and touch my hair (I think they are looking for tracks) and comment on the growth and health and ask questions. When someone asks sincerely, I give them a quick version of what I do. You know, reduce heat, condition, extend perms, no over-lapping, things like that.

I just found out that some of the ladies at work, get together in the breakroom and laugh about how I work so hard on my hair. Now, mind you, these ladies have the most jacked up, chewed-up, over processed hair. One lady in particular goes to the salon every week and her hair is shaved in the back and about 1-inch all over her head, which is fine if she is happy with that, but she constantly asks "how do you get your hair to grow so quick", and "I wish my hair was like yours, but it has never been long".

They all seem so sincere, I don't get it? What's wrong with them?

KAddy

Re: What\'s wrong with people???

They are jealous little chickens. Don't let them steal your pride that you have and the joy that you are experiencing. Keep doing your thing girl and stop letting them put their hands all in your head. /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

bajanplums1

they are haters. girl keep growing your hair, saving money by not going to the hair salon and then flash that hair in their face!

Carlie

Don't worry about them. You're the one getting RESULTS and that speaks for itself! /images/graemlins/up.gif

crazyabouthair

They're obviously two faced and catty. Oh, and don't forget jealous. Keep doing what you do and don't worry about what they do.

ricochet

It amazes me how many people think that we do "so much" to our hair...NO, we just TAKE CARE of it. There is a difference. And as far as them in the bathroom talking about you...you and your hair are very much on their minds so I would take it as a compliment. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ricochet

Oops breakroom not bathroom...either way, jealousy is a sickness girlfriend! You do you and keep that hair gorgeous and healthy.

IrisDaVirus

I wonder how hard those heffas will be laughing when your hair keeps reviving and growing and they start rockin' the Louis Gossett Jr. look on a non-voluntary basis..... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GoingBack

Keep on doing what you do and don't let the haters get you down.

diamondlady

Thanks for the support, ladies. I know you are probably right but, you know, it hurts when you think someone is your friend and they get behind your back and put you down. More and more, I'm staying in my office and not going out to the line where these ladies work.

I know there are some jealous ladies out there that really don't like me and I've never did anything to them but be friendly. At this point I like them better than the ones I THOUGHT were my friends.

katie

Wow.To be laughing about what you do to your hair on their break.Some people really don't have a life!

diamondlady

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how hard those heffas will be laughing when your hair keeps reviving and growing and they start rockin' the Louis Gossett Jr. look on a non-voluntary basis..... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif THANKS SO MUCH!!! This one really lifted my spirits. I was feeling kinda depressed about the whole thing.

H

honey_jammz82

I hate that women tend to be soo critical all the time of other women. I recently went to a Mary Kay meeting, and there were like 8 other black women there. Out of the blue one of the women starts talking about how nice my hair looked, and she said she was all up in my hair lookin for tracks when I first came in! Then the other women started saying they were doing the same thing. It made me really uncomfortable, and they just did not seem to be coming at me in a positive light...one of the women was like "she has that good hair", and rolled her eyes. I tried to explain how I take care of my hair, but if people don't want to hear it, I don't waste my breath.

A_Christian

Congradulations on getting the re-growth! Don't worry about your co-worker's comments, some people thrive off of criticizing others, unfortunatly. Enjoy your new healthy hair!

IrisDaVirus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif THANKS SO MUCH!!! This one really lifted my spirits. I was feeling kinda depressed about the whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome. As you can see, I sometimes have an odd way of uplifting someone's spirits. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Desert Skye

nothing but haters. they dont want to put the effort so talking bad about you is alot easier.Im sorry to hear these so called friends are doing this to you.

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%! nine times out of ten they probably wish they had hair like you! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

shoelover1972

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%! nine times out of ten they probably wish they had hair like you! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA

Keep doing what you are doing. They are just jealous. Also taking care of your hair is exactly the same as looking after your body, watching what you eat etc. Do these people also laugh at someone who is trying to lose weight? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Valerie

I think that if you want to grow your hair long and healthy, you have to look after it and I think that people who say that they just do nothing, and their hair just grows, are incredibly lucky or just lying. You have looked after your hair, you have used the right products, you have taken time and patience and we all all in the same position, whether we are natural, relaxed or texturised, coloured and natural or whatever, you have a support group here. But it is very unfortunate that a lot of young women are sold lies and they believe, so when someone like you looks after their hair properly, instead of being humble and asking questions, researching and finding out, no they prefer to be rude, ignorant. That is the sad thing, if they were kind and humble, they could have learned so much from you.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
I have some friends that are amazed at my hair growth. (Not a lot of progress, but I have rebounded from extreme hair loss).

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on getting the shedding under control! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

As for your coworkers, I just wouldn't bother speaking to them about hair anymore and be vague answering their questions if they ask. No need to put your business out there and be criticized for it later. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have some friends that are amazed at my hair growth. (Not a lot of progress, but I have rebounded from extreme hair loss).

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on getting the shedding under control! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

As for your coworkers, I just wouldn't bother speaking to them about hair anymore and be vague answering their questions if they ask. No need to put your business out there and be criticized for it later. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA.....sorry you had to go through that and have these types of people in your work...I would definitely pull back on conversations that come up about hair...they dont need to know any more what works for you.......That kinda stuff makes me mad ...how people can be soi 2faced!

Their LOSS!!! Take care girl!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

HollyGolightly

i know ur upset that people u thought were ur friends are talking about u, but look on the bright side. now u know their true colors. they are obviously insecure and two faced. and ur hair must be looking damn good for them to be thinking about it so much. keep up the good work on ur hair, and don't let them bald b*tches get to u!

carletta

brush the haters off ya shoulders girl. hold your head high and don't stop going anywhere in that office that you haven't been before! In the world we live in today, there will always be a pack of IDIOTS some where to make fun of you. If you let the idiot see you shrink back, then they know they got the best of you! DON'T EVER DO THAT! BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE...KNOWLEDGE & THIS FORUM + SINCERE LADIES HERE! SOON YOU'LL HAVE THEM EATING OUT OF THE PALM OF YOUR HAND /images/graemlins/up.gif

Ok I'm getting off of my soap box! sorry

Nyambura

surfer girl

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.To be laughing about what you do to your hair on their break.Some people really don't have a life!

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. I also agree with the rest of the advice in this thread: focus on the wonderful comeback you've made with your hair (negativity and stress are bad for the hair) and let LHCF members support you in your hair goals.

I know it hurts to find people you thought were your friends to be the opposite. But if it wasn't your hair, it would be your success on the job, or anything else that is positive. When people reveal themselves to be promoters of negativity, I give them a wide berth. If they're co-workers or others I have to interact with on a frequent basis, I'll still talk to them but keep the convesation light and short. Keep striving, chica!

Happy hair growing!

bellydancer

Haters. because they work twice as hard to get their hair to grow (going to the salon every week) and it still looks bad!

bunita

ITA...don't worry about them. You have now evidence that your hair is striving and looking good otherwise they wouldn't take time to talk about you. If you let them notice that it worries they will keep doing it. Enjoy yourself and your hair...head up

diamondlady

Thanks so much to all who responded. I continue to be amazed at the ladies on this forum. I have never seen such a collection of nice, supportive people in one place. Thanks so much for the encouraging words.

Just as I'm amazed at the support I get here, I'm still amazed at how people can be. One person on my job told me that they always thought I was a chicken head because of the braids and phonytails I wore all the time. (I've only known most of these people less than 2 years).

SVT, you remembered the shedding that had me crying all over the board for days but the doctor finally got to the bottom of it and turned out to be a thyroid problem. Still shedding a little but far from the handfuls that was coming out everyday.

Again, thanks for the many times I've needed support, you have always been there for me. From losing my Dad, hair drama, to hurt feelings from mean spirited co-workers, you've always been supportive so matter how great or small. Thanks so much.

MizAvalon

[ QUOTE ]

J One person on my job told me that they always thought I was a chicken head because of the braids and phonytails I wore all the time. (I've only known most of these people less than 2 years).

[/ QUOTE ]

Unbelievable! What the heck kind of people are these? /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif