What's WITH you people?

OP, I couldn't thank you enough.

I'm not saying people should give up on their goals whether thats MBL,WSL, etc. But when you hear someone complaining about their hair, when they are a length that most dont get, it's like damn. I remember someone complaining that the longest their hair ever got was MBL. I'm like r u serious? And these are women with beautiful hair. I dont get it.

Yes length is relative. Im starting to think I'm the only here who just wants an average length. (APL)

Your not. My goal is APL and that is it. Anything extra I won't be trying to get to but if it happens...then hey. I guess I will still have short hair at APL at least to some.:rolleyes:

Hey, I agree! A long time ago, I used to think that my hair was long until I would see someone else's hair which was 3 inches or more longer:wallbash: Also, they would get all the compliments - I wouldn't get any:nono: Until I reach my personal goal, I will not consider it long either. Neith does have a point tho, but I guess I'm just so discouraged waiting for my personal goal that it does not seem long at all:ohwell: Oh well, if we keep encouraging each other and sticking to our reggies, we'll get there eventually:grin:

But that's just it though, it's all about an individual's goals/aspirations. How I feel about my length and goals doesn't have anything to do with anyone else, I really don't give a damn what someone else thinks. Of course I'm grateful for what I have, but I think once some of us start to see progress, it's like "okay, I hit APL, lemme keep going to BSL" then once you hit that goal, you (me, anyway) figure hey, why not go for the gusto! I've changed my personal goal twice and while I'm fully aware that APL/BSL is considered long to some, hell most IRL, it isn't for me and MY hair. I have my reasons;shrinkage being numero uno, height, body type, the way my hair falls, etc. That doesn't mean I'm gonna knock or look down my nose @ a person for being NL, I'm going to encourgage her to reach whatever goal she has in mind and hopefully she'll do the same for me. We're all supposed to be here for the same reason.

Granted, some are looking for attention, but so are a lot of other people around here for whatever reason :rolleyes:. Sea lo que sea. I have PMS, scuze me.

ok lets put this into a little perspective;
we are all grown women(i think) taking pictures of the back of our heads, spending hours online talking about.... ahem hair, cooking up all kinds of mojos, oils, sugars, salts, all kinds of protiens, butters, herbs, syrups, serums, we take all kinds of supplements, biotin(10 mg? yikes), flaxseed oil, MSM, b complex, prenatal vit(and we aint prego), lecithin, we swallow raw eggs, conjure up all kinds of shakes and change our whole diets, and workout! yall know that this is NOT a complete list - cuz i have to put the baby down for his napp TODAY. and we do this to what end? Hair! we all (most of us anyway) want long, lustrious, shiny, healthy hair. sooooo have mercy on the anorexic folk around here, cuz we are all certifiable..... and you know what the best part is? i dont mind..... I am crazy over my hair. so lets grow on sisters, and be happy doing it. :drunk::spinning::yep::grin::lachen::lachen:

But that's just it though, it's all about an individual's goals/aspirations. How I feel about my length and goals doesn't have anything to do with anyone else, I really don't give a damn what someone else thinks. Of course I'm grateful for what I have, but I think once some of us start to see progress, it's like "okay, I hit APL, lemme keep going to BSL" then once you hit that goal, you (me, anyway) figure hey, why not go for the gusto! I've changed my personal goal twice and while I'm fully aware that APL/BSL is considered long to some, hell most IRL, it isn't for me and MY hair. I have my reasons;shrinkage being numero uno, height, body type, the way my hair falls, etc. That doesn't mean I'm gonna knock or look down my nose @ a person for being NL, I'm going to encourgage her to reach whatever goal she has in mind and hopefully she'll do the same for me. We're all supposed to be here for the same reason.

Granted, some are looking for attention, but so are a lot of other people around here for whatever reason :rolleyes:. Sea lo que sea. I have PMS, scuze me.

ICAM with this post. And I have pms also right now, so scuze me, too.

Hmm nobody wanted the cure:grin:

well if you ever want it, this is what you gotta do, cut it all off, or do something horribly bad to it to make it all damaged and break off, THEN BLAM, you will see your hair for what it was and appreciate it sooo much when you get it back:yep:

anytime you want the cure for Hair Anorexia, its that easy:grin:

Granted, some are looking for attention, but so are a lot of other people around here for whatever reason :rolleyes:.

Now THIS would make for some interesting dialogue. Why am I here??? IOW, what is my point with/for all this hair growing stuff? You know, I had not seriously thought about it from Ei's POV.

So, now that I have pondered it for a millisecond, it occurs to me that yes, I like it when my hair is complemented as beautiful. And yes the attention is way cool. I have read and heard that a woman's crown is her glory. If that be the case, it was given us to be looked at, adored, and admired. Brang 'em on, the compliments I mean. I'll take 'em.

ok lets put this into a little perspective;
we are all grown women(i think) taking pictures of the back of our heads, spending hours online talking about.... ahem hair, cooking up all kinds of mojos, oils, sugars, salts, all kinds of protiens, butters, herbs, syrups, serums, we take all kinds of supplements, biotin(10 mg? yikes), flaxseed oil, MSM, b complex, prenatal vit(and we aint prego), lecithin, we swallow raw eggs, conjure up all kinds of shakes and change our whole diets, and workout! yall know that this is NOT a complete list - cuz i have to put the baby down for his napp TODAY. and we do this to what end? Hair! we all (most of us anyway) want long, lustrious, shiny, healthy hair. sooooo have mercy on the anorexic folk around here, cuz we are all certifiable..... and you know what the best part is? i dont mind..... I am crazy over my hair. so lets grow on sisters, and be happy doing it. :drunk::spinning::yep::grin::lachen::lachen:

hehe good post!

lol@ certifiable:lachen:

well if you ever want it, this is what you gotta do, cut it all off, or do something horribly bad to it to make it all damaged and break off, THEN BLAM, you will see your hair for what it was and appreciate it sooo much when you get it back:yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:too funny, but true:lachen:

who needs some Midol? :look:

girl I gotchu! :grin:

If thats what you thought from my original post thats not what I meant. What I mean is that when I see people IRL or here downplay their hair, I'm like, dag she's lucky, I would think I was the ish with her hair :lol: Its all relative...

The thought that people look down on others didnt come to my mind..

You never know what you got until its gone

Shrinkage messes with the mind.

Hot diggity; that's it. Was thinking about complaining about it the other day, but someone commented to me in so many words, "Been there, done that"; perhaps she meant this thread.

Well, I'm glad you said it. I am hoping it's only a temporary mind messin' though 'cause I surely didn't have that condition 'til I came here (said with Love). For the right now, I'm fascinated with all that I'm learning; thus I am sure it too shall pass as Mamma said.

BSL is super long to me. I would do a dance and consider myself long at just APL! Coming from a poster whose been at SL forever... :rolleyes:

. . . people look down on others ..

Ooooo, 'specially with something as fragile as hair. I kinda think of retribution (not necessarily devine), but the concept of being verrrry careful of how we treat/think of folk comes to mind. You know the "what goes around . . . " saying. That which is stated above (labh's comment) = not a good thing. :nono: We could stand to guard against such thoughts, motives, IMHO.

I have long hair by some peoples standards; but I do not have long hair by PinkSkates' standards, and that's who I have to please.
So until I decide that I have long hair...then guess what, I don't have long hair!
And I agree with Cherokia-Rose, we are all a bit certifiable about our hair. (we pay money to talk about our hair for goodness sake!):spinning:
So you can expect all kinds of hair-craziness on a message board dedicated to women with a hair fetish!

Ooooo, 'specially with something as fragile as hair. I kinda think of retribution (not necessarily devine), but the concept of being verrrry careful of how we treat/think of folk comes to mind. You know the "what goes around . . . " saying. That which is stated above (labh's comment) = not a good thing. :nono: We could stand to guard against such thoughts, motives, IMHO.

yeah.. I know people look down on mine, not anyone here, people IRL. hey what can you do.. just gotta keep trucking on...

I've been desensitized my all the long hair on this board

In HS there was a girl with hair a little past SL...I wanted her hair and so did other girls. Now my hair has reached APL and I didn't even flinch. When I got to the board I thought APL was long. Now I want about 2 inches below BSL

On the hair board I think BSL is average making everyone shorter than that "short" and longer hair "long"...thats just my observation

To me, this whole thing is just like the "ideal" weight. When I hit a certain weight, a lot of people were telling me that they thought I should stop losing weight because "if I were that weight, I would be so happy". So, if I'm still overweight at this point, am I supposed to stop trying to get in shape because someone else would be happy with that weight?

It's all subjective. I've had APL hair before, so is APL going to be long to me when I get there again? Kind of, but not really. Long to me now is BSL or longer.

Of course, the above analogy can go to extremes, like real anorexia. If someone has hair dragging the floor and still doesn't think it's long, then we might have a problem ;)

If thats what you thought from my original post thats not what I meant. What I mean is that when I see people IRL or here downplay their hair, I'm like, dag she's lucky, I would think I was the ish with her hair :lol: Its all relative...

The thought that people look down on others didnt come to my mind..

Oh, I didn't think that was what you meant, I was just saying how I felt. It wasn't a direct response to anything posted ;)

I don't think BSL is long. Never have, never will. I even see some WL that doesn't look as long as it should.

My first trip to Hawaii spoiled me big time with regards to hair.

im sick and tired of it too.its like some people are seeking attention or something

I hope no one feels that way about me. My hair isn't BSL yet, and I don't consider it long. It's more like medium to me. I definitely consider BSL + long.

Shrinkage messes with the mind.

You are sure right about that. In it's natural straight, my hair is about NL-SL. My hair always reverts when I wear it straight, and I can never see the true length until I stretch it. When it' reverts, it's about APL. I don't consider that long.

Last edited:

Whoa now! I may have hair anorexia, but I'm for darn sure not crazy enough to do this! :grin:

I appreciate what I have, but I will never consider it long until I reach my personal goal length. Until then, I'll claim "medium length" hair.

Daaaaang... this was not meant to get all serious :lol:

It aint just SOME hair anorexics that want attention. If you look at them with a judgemental eye, we have to take a look at our short haired sisters too. Nobody is perfect. So it's no one main group that are attention seekers, they are INDIVIDUALS.

I didn't mean to (negatively) openly critisize people... it's really just a light hearted post on my part!

:lol: So true!

I have long hair by some peoples standards; but I do not have long hair by PinkSkates' standards, and that's who I have to please.
So until I decide that I have long hair...then guess what, I don't have long hair!
And I agree with Cherokia-Rose, we are all a bit certifiable about our hair. (we pay money to talk about our hair for goodness sake!):spinning:
So you can expect all kinds of hair-craziness on a message board dedicated to women with a hair fetish!

That's what I'm saying... Pinkskates... I'm sorry, but you are totally hair nuts :spinning: I don't care what your reasoning is behind it, but you've got a bad case of hair anorexia.

It's even crazier to see in people with long hair. I'm thinking "Doesn't this woman see all the hair she has?" I understand "not long enough" but I don't understand "not long" Pure craziniess, lol.

Again... people's don't get mad at me or offended in any way. I'm not TELLING you what to think about your own hair. This thread was posted just as a lighthearted rambling.

Back