What's WITH you people?

Also let me just say, I do see all the thanks I got. The majority of people are very cool here I do do know that most people got my original posting :)

WHAT about my original posting is so bad?

Any idiot can see that I wasn't being mean. I didn't say anything offensive. Hair anorexia is a term used all over this place...

I didn't have bad intentions. Some people are acting like I said something offensive. As if I said... "You bishes are so stupid, thinking that your hair is short" Lawd! :lol:

Dang... I did not and would not say anything like that. It was intended to make people smile... jeez.

It was intended to maybe let people know that even if they don't have the LONGEST hair, they still have a beautiful head of LONG hair. It's just... sometimes people don't see what they have going for themselves... until maybe it's gone like Iris said.

Why are some people so damned oversensitive?

Eh, some of y'all turned me off. :down: People show their true colors at the weirdest times.

From now on I'm going to be the Switzerland of lhcf. I aint say nothing, I aint do nothing... I have no opinion. I'm completely neutral. Boring, but I won't have to deal with this type of idiotic drama.

You have to walk on eggshells all the friggin time or people call you h-words round these parts... even when you didn't do anything wrong :lachen: (I know you weren't serious Que :))

I thought the post WAS funny and I took it in good fun! Where is the drama coming from? What's the point of being a hair anorexic if you can't laugh at yourself? :rolleyes:

Any idiot can see that I wasn't being mean. I didn't say anything offensive. Hair anorexia is a term used all over this place...

I didn't have bad intentions. Some people are acting like I said something offensive. As if I said... "You bishes are so stupid, thinking that your hair is short" Lawd! :lol:

Dang... I did not and would not say anything like that. It was intended to make people smile... jeez.

It was intended to maybe let people know that even if they don't have the LONGEST hair, they still have a beautiful head of LONG hair. It's just... sometimes people don't see what they have going for themselves... until maybe it's gone like Iris said.

Eh, some of y'all turned me off. :down: People show their true colors at the weirdest times.

From now on I'm going to be the Switzerland of lhcf. I aint say nothing, I aint do nothing... I have no opinion. I'm completely neutral. Boring, but I won't have to deal with this type of idiotic drama.

You have to walk on eggshells all the friggin time or people call you h-words round these parts... even when you didn't do anything wrong :lachen: (I know you weren't serious Que :))
Neith, you have just as much right as anyone eles to voice your opinion regarding the way you feel about some hair issues just as anyone eles here. I don't feel that you should keep hush hush even though all won't agree with you. We need more ladies like you here to stir things up a bit!!! Don't stay quiet! You have an opinion! You have thoughts and ideas! You have as much right as anyone does! Say what's on your mind and get it out! If you feel it express it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neith

I really dont see where this thread got so bad (Ive survived much worse haha) I do see some were very serious about the topic , thats probably not how you meant it to go though, but thats how things can go around here. Ive stood up on some things I 'personally' felt strong about and you know what I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not , I have no regrets! Stay true to you sweetie, here , or anywhere. Trust as many that might hate you for it, that many more and then some LOVE you for it! Besides this is who you are already, you wont be able to stop (and you know this LOL) and you shouldnt.....EVER!

I guess it frustrated you that for some it didnt stay light hearted like you whole heartedly intended, but stay you and then keep it moving, cause intentions get mistaken all the time around here

But, your right most got the whole point of your intentions and post

and many of us dont want to live in that distorted view of our hair, just like 'your whole point' some of us want to learn to appreciate what we have more, not live by comparison to others , (There will always be another head of longer fuller hair around) not by any other standards, after all thats what we SHOULD do for ourselves. Live now and love ourselves now and have gratitude for what we have-thats peace! For those ladies being extra hard on yourselves with your hair, its just not worth it ladies. In one instant it could be much worse.

I do agree that it would be a 'blessing' for the ladies not enjoying or even being satisfied with their hair, to finally be free from the distorted view of their hair and look at the glass as half full rather than half empty

but nobody understands this hair madness more than those of us that have been there done that. Most of us can feel your pain on the hair Anorexia, and the truth is it sucks to do that to yourselves ladies. :wallbash:

question, what if your hair never reaches the point where you feel you will be 'freed' from the 'anorexic' veiw of it? But what if YOUR hair is the best it can be? Take some time to smell the roses ladies, and pat yourselves on the back for the accomplishments YOU have made and just enjoy YOUR hair, You deserve that much!

Truth be told I dont know when this term first arrived on the hair boards, but my hair dresser told me I had this many years ago, I have since been cured by many wake up calls, MANY would NEVER want to go through, and learned how to just go along for the ride and not be consumed. and you know what, I still got there!

its like this, when worrying about a bill , staying up all night obsessing doesnt get the bill paid, right? Obsessing over your hair wont make it any better or grow any faster. Breathe and live life FOR NOW! Hell you might not even be here tomorrow , to have your BSL hair (or whatever) AT ALL, enjoy it NOW! See it for what it is NOW! Be Thankful for it NOW!

for most of us around here, the story might be, 'It might not be where you want but it sure AINT where it was either' So if you have made progress, see it for what it is! Or TRY! The worse is living with regrets of not enjoying it while you had it when some major hair trauma comes upon you, then YOU WISH you would have appreciated it then.

RANT OVER:lachen:

Last edited:
Neith

I really dont see where this thread got so bad (Ive survived much worse haha) I do see some were very serious about the topic , thats probably not how you meant it to go though, but thats how things can go around here. Ive stood up on some things I 'personally' felt strong about and you know what I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not , I have no regrets! Stay true to you sweetie, here , or anywhere. Trust as many that might hate you for it, that many more and then some LOVE you for it! Besides this is who you are already, you wont be able to stop (and you know this LOL) and you shouldnt.....EVER!

I guess it frustrated you that for some it didnt stay light hearted like you whole heartedly intended, but stay you and then keep it moving, cause intentions get mistaken all the time around here

and many of us dont want to live in that distorted view of our hair, just like 'your whole point' some of us want to learn to appreciate what we have more, not live by comparison to others , (There will always be another head of longer fuller hair around) not by any other standards, after all thats what we SHOULD do for ourselves. Live now and love ourselves now and have gratitude for what we have-thats peace! For those ladies being extra hard on yourselves with your hair, its just not worth it ladies. In one instant it could be much worse.

I do agree that it would be a 'blessing' for the ladies not enjoying or even being satisfied with their hair, to finally be free from the distorted view of their hair and look at the glass as half full rather than half empty

but nobody understands this hair madness more than those of us that have been there done that. Most of us can feel your pain on the hair Anorexia, and the truth is it sucks to do that to yourselves ladies. :wallbash:

question, what if your hair never reaches the point where you feel you will be 'freed' from the 'anorexic' veiw of it? But what if YOUR hair is the best it can be? Take some time to smell the roses ladies, and pat yourselves on the back for the accomplishments YOU have made and just enjoy YOUR hair, You deserve that much!

Truth be told I dont know when this term first arrived on the hair boards, but my hair dresser told me I had this many years ago, I have since been cured by many wake up calls, MANY would NEVER want to go through, and learned how to just go along for the ride and not be consumed. and you know what, I still got there!

its like this, when worrying about a bill , staying up all night obsessing doesnt get the bill paid, right? Obsessing over your hair wont make it any better or grow any faster. Breathe and live life FOR NOW! Hell you might not even be here tomorrow , to have your BSL hair (or whatever) AT ALL, enjoy it NOW!

ITA!
:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

*comes out of semi-lurk mode*

Nothing was wrong with your OP. I thought it was funny and I definitely have HA, I was complaining about my hair being short at WL!
I think some of the responses to your post were rude-ish, but not your actual post.

Neith

its like this, when worrying about a bill , staying up all night obsessing doesnt get the bill paid, right? Obsessing over your hair wont make it any better or grow any faster. Breathe and live life FOR NOW! Hell you might not even be here tomorrow , to have your BSL hair (or whatever) AT ALL, enjoy it NOW! See it for what it is NOW! Be Thankful for it NOW!

for most of us around here, the story might be, 'It might not be where you want but it sure it where it was either' So if you have made progress, see it for what it is! Or TRY! The worse is living with regrets of not enjoying it while you had it when some major hair trauma comes upon you, then YOU WISH you would have appreciated it then.

Beautiful post!

I thought it was all fun & games. Some people just can't take a joke, I guess :ohwell: *shrugs*

Last edited:
Also let me just say, I do see all the thanks I got. The majority of people are very cool here I do do know that most people got my original posting :)
Neith,
being relatively new here - i have pretty much read most of what you contributed after you did it, but i must say that i really hope you did not mean that you would stop contributing because i have really enjoyed and learned from many of your post. i can speak for my self and others when i say, that i took it as light hearted as you meant it, and added my 2 cents as well, which i hope wasnt offensive. i think sometimes we just have to look away from the negative and see the positive. most of us got it, and laughed about it. so please, let that be what you walk away from this thread with, not the other. just another 2 cents from one certifiably hair obsessed sister to another.:lachen:

ya know,
if you think about it, isnt this like anything else in life? think about money.... one person may think $100,000 is a lot of money. boy they are dancing and singing and ready to retire cuz they think they are rich. give another man that same $100,000 and he can spend it in 5 minutes and if thats all he's got, he is ready to jump from a window because he cant imagine life with less than having millions. it all boils down to appreciation just like Iris so wonderfully wrote, but we are all in different places with it. if you have never been past neck length then BSL will be long for you. but if you have been to MBL, then BSL maynot be much to you. i think thankfulness though is a skill. i think if you can fully appreciate, your one dollar or your 2 inches of hair, then you would really know how to appreciate 1 million dollars and 20 inches of hair. appreciation is a skill just like any other, either we take the opportunity to learn it where we are, or we will always be chasing the dogs tail. life.

ya know,
if you think about it, isnt this like anything else in life? think about money.... one person may think $100,000 is a lot of money. boy they are dancing and singing and ready to retire cuz they think they are rich. give another man that same $100,000 and he can spend it in 5 minutes and if thats all he's got, he is ready to jump from a window because he cant imagine life with less than having millions. it all boils down to appreciation just like Iris so wonderfully wrote, but we are all in different places with it. if you have never been past neck length then BSL will be long for you. but if you have been to MBL, then BSL maynot be much to you. i think thankfulness though is a skill. i think if you can fully appreciate, your one dollar or your 2 inches of hair, then you would really know how to appreciate 1 million dollars and 20 inches of hair. appreciation is a skill just like any other, either we take the opportunity to learn it where we are, or we will always be chasing the dogs tail. life.
Yeah I guess its a 'lesson learned by life experience' skill

you cant force it down nobody's throat, if they stil feel they are going to catch that tail ........

I really like that analogy and your right we can all be there by different degrees, levels and over different things

Welp, I'm thankful :yep: AND before anyone says anything about my hair NOW I got this 'lesson' when I had lost over half of my hair sitting next to chemo patients in a hematologist office OKAY

yes you can do it now! :yep:

Last edited:
Back