What's your favorite style now??

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
What\'s your favorite style now??

<font color="red">I'm loving it.. /images/graemlins/clap.gif My hair's starting to grow and I've just put in my first drawstring ponytail (that actually matches my hair color)! I mostly do the braid out.. but I'm loving the p-tail now. What's your fav style? </font>

LondonDiva

Re: What\'s your favorite style now??

For the weather this time of year and with the regrowth I have, the simple back in one ponytail twisted up and secured with a few diamante clips. Simple, and I can keep my hand out of my hair at the same time.

G

Wild and crazy looking with little curls at the end of high-strung hair. I love looking like a mental person. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

My all time favorite way to wear my hair now is the wash and go. It's easy, fast and it works well with anything I wear.

ngaa

with the permanant rain we recieve over here in winter i'm kinda forced to have braids rite now but i'm likin my braids coz they are curled at the end (really nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) They really help wit the breakage i kno i'd get in winter and also help me to maintain my length + help wit growth /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laela

I hear ya! I'm a believer now that a bun or ponytail is the best way to wear my hair near relaxer time! I've got some growth but I don't want to touch up too soon (less than 8 weeks); It's also a good style to keep my hair endz from breaking up in the frigid winter air...

Laela

That sounds cute.. got a pic? How do you do the "bun"??

Laela

I like wild and crazy myself.. I LUB my braid outs! But the endz are getting to be more frizzy and dry the longer I wear the style. So, I'm opting out for a more "smoother" finish as well as a breather... but I'll be back to wild once I reach my hair lenghth.. hopefully this summer!

Laela

What kinda braids ya got? they sound like the Freestyle??

Laela

Relaxed or natural, I think wash-N-go is a good choice.. esp. if no heat is applied. Do you do the twists? My hair was natural three years ago and I grew tired of twisting it myself, my hair is THICK!!

ngaa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Laela said:
What kinda braids ya got? they sound like the Freestyle??

[/ QUOTE ]

k, they are 2 toned black and red at the tips and in Zimb they are known as the bumper curl, made of kanekalon, aint seen them much here...saw a slight variation to them the other day tho, but it was a slight bump at ends, not curly thru-out like mine... /images/graemlins/frown.gif am i makin any sense??

NAY007

what does wash and go mean??? sorry to ask this... /images/graemlins/confused.gif
i assume it means that you just let your hair air dry, but in which style, just hanging down or in a pony tail?? tia, nay.

LondonDiva

ngaa said:
with the permanant rain we recieve over here in winter

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily I've escaped the rain, either that or we haven't had much. Ngaa where are you in the UK?

ngaa

i'm from p'boro which is between 30mins to an hour's drive from london (dependin on how u travellin and how fast) and at the moment we are receivin rain about 3 days a week but in the beggining of winter, the rain was fallin almost everyday /images/graemlins/smile.gif and the last thing u want on yo newly done hair is stupid rain /images/graemlins/frown.gif

how often are u gettin rain in london?

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Allandra

My favorite protective style is the infamous bun (which I sport on a VERY regular basis). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My favorite non-protective style is wearing my hair straight for a smooth and sleek look (which I don't do often at all). /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Laela

I've heard of the bumper curls... web page but I can't envision your style. It sounds unique, esp. w/ a dash of color... is that style expensive over there??

hairfanatic

what does wash and go mean??? sorry to ask this...
i assume it means that you just let your hair air dry, but in which style, just hanging down or in a pony tail?? tia, nay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nay,

When I am in a hurry, I would wash my hair in the shower, shake and scrunch with a towel and let it air dry. That's basically it

Paris Belle

I just did my first braid out and I'm really loving it. I like how moisturized my hair is and I see how this is truly beneficial for my hair. I will definitely continue to do this and will drastically reduce my roller sets since I don't really wear my hair out in this cold weather. I'm so grateful to all of you for recommending this and sharing your tips on how to maintain it and do it right. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Laela

The braid-out is da bomb! /images/graemlins/smile.gif, I agree... I usually do mine with an olive oil night treatment. Then shampoo w/ Mizani's Purphying Shampoo. After reading the forums, I tried the apple cider rinse before my conditioning (Moisturfuse) the last time.. it's great.. really softens the hair! Have you tried it?
If I have time, I do the smaller, tighter braids, which make the style look shorter but last longer. The bigger, looser braids give my hair a more loose, wavy look.. overall, it's a wonderful style.. been doing it for months! Enjoy /images/graemlins/cool.gif

adrienne0914

right now it's the bun/drawstring ponytail for me too. i really love wearing my hair down, but i lose so much because of static and friction. so this is safer. i'm thinking of wearing it like this consistently at least until the end of march. i hope i've made some more significant progress by then. i really want to be to my waist by the end of the year. because my butt is so dayum high, i only have about 5". /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne

Robin41

I'm also doing the d/s ponytail or clip-on bun. I also use wefted hair to wrap around my own ponytail for a less bulky look. Why do they make the d/s ponytails so thick???

I'm trying not to wear my hair out until the warm weather starts but this is the longest, most miserable winter I've seen in a long time. Come on, spring!!

AphroDiva

I let it all loose, wild and free!!!! i feel like a Lady Lion!!!ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Laela

DANG! /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif
Your hair's gorgeous!!!!!!! When it gets to waist length, how to you plan on wearing it, mostly? Washing your hair must be a science in itself... /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

ngaa

Laela said:
I've heard of the bumper curls... web page but I can't envision your style. It sounds unique, esp. w/ a dash of color... is that style expensive over there??

[/ QUOTE ]

well, its basically that but wit red tips and that the hair is braided, and about the price, a packet costs about £2.99 and u need two packets for a full head and then my aunt braids my hair for me for free so it hardly costs anything for my hair to be braided, for other pple tho she charges £40 for it coz they are done pretty thin coz the curls unravel if they are too thick /images/graemlins/smile.gif hth

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Justice4alw

Hello, all. I'm new to this board and happy to be here.

My current favorite style is natural twists. I twist them small and just spritz daily and go. It's a great low maintenance protective style. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

pebbles

Hi Justice4alw,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

Hi, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Welcome to the board. It's fun here. Enjoy.

pebbles

My favorite protective style is the infamous bun (which I sport on a VERY regular basis).

[/ QUOTE ] Ditto. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

Hey Pebbles, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm glad someone else is enjoying the 'infamous bun'. I think it really does a great job at protecting my ends and keeping them nice and moist.