What's your favourite moisturisers for HAIR ENDS ?

Nanyanika

What\'s your favourite moisturisers for HAIR ENDS ?

Hello,
I recently discovered that my hair ends are drier than usual. I'm currently wearing cornrows although I always remember to moisturise often with infusium 23 and African pride braid spray, my ends feels drier by the end of the day. I'd appreciate any product suggestions for keeping the ends continuously moisturised and supple. I destest ORS Carrot oil, Profectiv Breakfree is good, however it leaves my ends feeling sticky.

Any other suggestions please!!!

Nanyanika

Re: What\'s your favourite hair ends, moisturisers?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ms_kenesha said:
Avocado Butter or Shea Butter are good thick moisturizers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kenesha, could you tell me the brand names of those products, please!!!?

ms_kenesha

I recently got mine from Cedarvale. The avocado butter to me is the best as a protector because it seems almost water repelent and the shea butter is a great moisturizer.

Extra virgin olive oil

Kiehls silk groom on wet hair

S curl for braid outs

Serum (lanza protectshine and keracare silken seal on wet hair before rollars)

Nanyanika

Thanks, once again, for your advice and assistance

Faith

I hear Profevtic Healthy Ends is good too. I have it but since I'm in braids I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I will let you know how it is when I use it in May.

Nanyanika

Thanks for the info Brownrelaxedhair, The extra virgin Olive oil is good, it does tends to get a bit messy for me, because of its light consistency. I use this for my hot-oil treatments and it drips... drips and drips down my neck. I must research extra information on the S-curl.

sbg4evr

I use oil or petroleum based grease on the ends of my twists.

Nanyanika

Hello Faith
I've examined the profectiv Healthy ends. I found that it was too heavy on my ends. I need a product that is light, but effective enough to keep my hair moisturised daily without having to re-apply more than once a day. I want to avoid product build-up on the ends. Thank-you

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

* Jojoba or Avocado Oil
* Profectiv Healthy Ends
* Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner
* or a quick conditioner wash on the ends only with Nexxus Humectress or Kiehl's Coconut Hair Masque

LuvableLady

I wanted a spray product that was a good detangler so I went to the beauty supply and picked up a 2 in 1 Conditioner &amp; Detangler it’s called Next Image Avocado Oil &amp; Shea Butter 2 in 1 Conditioner &amp; Detangler. This product is wonderful it detangles and makes the hair moist, soft &amp; shiny without feeling greasy. I went specifically to look for a good detangler but I think I’ve got a lot extra in this product. The bottle states “Conditions &amp; Detangles, Softens Dry Coarse Hair, Moisturizes &amp; Prevents Breakage, Excellent for Natural, Relaxed, or Yaki Hair”

Ingredients: Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glycerin, Silk Amino Acids, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Citric Acid, Fragrance, D&amp;C Yellow #11, D&amp;C Green #6

This 8oz bottle was $3.66 very nice product and it will be my permanent detangler used at night when I put my braids in for tangle free moisturized hair during the day.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Wow,

That sounds like a cool product Luvable. What does the bottle look like

LuvableLady

Hi Supergirl,

It's in a see thru plastic bottle with a picture of a large half avocado on the front with the word Avocado Oil in green bold letters and the rest of the words in bold black letters.

Jade21

Luvable,

I will look for that product. I appreciate your suggestion because the ingredients are very similar to the VO5 Dry Ends product. It's superior and is getting harder and harder to find.

~Jade~

fletgee

My favorites:

1. Aveeda Brilliant and Vitamin E
2. Creme de la Creme Groom Repairateur With Silk
3. Jojoba and Aura

Integrity

what worked wonders for my dry ends were consistent hot oil treatments with virgin olive oil, warmed and spread from root to tips of damp hair (IMHO it absorbs better and the moisture gets LOCKED in the hair, water is the moisturiser not oil, though the oil will also lubricate and prevent breakage) and then shower cap and leave on overnite or for hours. i prefer EVOO due to its heavy duty consistency and it actually reduces shedding and breakage instantly!!!
i wouldnt have tried it if caramela hadnt raved on about it in many threads, thanks girl! it worked for me and i am 14 weeks into my relaxer!!! cholesterol treatments, i love le kair and dark and lovely ultra are amazing too, believe me.

if you havent been dong hot oils, i would say start now and with EVOO if possible. i was never into hot oil pre treatments till last week. i really overlooked it before!

all the best, den1

pooh123

Thanks for the tip Pandora! I'm going to pick up some EVOO when I go to the store today.

Nanyanika

Thanks very much Pandora, I previously used the olive oil as a pre-shampoo hot-oil treatment, however I've never applied it on damp hair, i'll apply this technique on Friday, when i wash my hair.

Nanyanika

Hello Supergirl,
I'm interested in the Elucence moisture balance conditioner, you mentioned earlier. I'm from London, England so i'm wondering where i could purchase this from, I've had some problems
finding various African American products over here. Any suggestions please?!!!

Nanyanika

I really appreciate your advice, thanks everyone. Keep all those product suggestions coming in, I need as much help as possible.

Integrity

Hi Den

LD once mentioned a large hair shop warehouse called Pak cosmetic centre in finsbury park and that is where she gets most of the hard to find stuff. the address is 25-27 stroud green road and its open 9-8 seven days a week!

i am pretty sure but not 100% LD uses elucence stuff and that she gets it from here.

Nanyanika

By the way!
What do think about deep conditioning with Kera care humecto creme conditioner? Is this good for the hair ends? I had an idea, regarding the use of eggs to condition with too. Has anyone tried this? and do you think it is highly effective enough as a moisturising conditioner?

To all members!!!!

Nanyanika

Hello Pandora,
I've visited the Pak cosmetic centre several times, I'll pass by there soon, the Elucence products sounds great!!!.
Many Thanks

Integrity

you mean you have already been in there and still cant find some stuff?

marabou1

Hi Pandora:

Geez, today I'm asking you questions on almost every thread!

I've never tried EVOO oil. What is it? Is it easy to find in the U.S.?

Thanks.

Integrity

you will surely find it at any grocery store since it is a cooking oil.just watch out for the keywords extra virgin and youll be fine!

marabou1

Thanks.

Pandora, when you say "watch out", do you mean to make sure I get the extra virgin one, or to avoid getting it?

Thanks.