What's your hair profile?

Duchesse

Current style/length: texlaxed/ shoulder length

Overall hair type: 4a?

Hair type Specifics: I have three distinct textures in my hair. The top is a silkier/tight wavy texture, there really isn't a curl, and I can't categorize in Andre's system. I call it a floppy, poof...looks kinda like blowdried natural hair. The crown is coarser 4a-shrinks into an afro when natural, and the nape is 3cish/silkier. The strands on crown are super fine, the top and nape are medium.

Unique Hair behaviors/ challenges: When I was completely natural, I had a hard time styling. Because the top has no curl, wash n gos never worked, it would be a fluffy cloud on top and curly afro in the back.

When relaxed, even with a super, my hair never got bone straight (i would leave it on for 45 minutes sometimes:ohwell:...I only got a melted scalp and not straight hair).

I don't plan on texlaxing again in the future, and if I do it will only be for a few minutes in the crown area. My texture doesn't change much with relaxers, but it just breaks more. It's not worth the hassle for me anymore.
My hair get's fluffy/straight with braids and using elastics to stretch it. Heat is no good either.

I've realized that my hair doesn't like too many products layered. It's best when I co-wash every 3 days or so, leave in regular conditioner and seal with oil, and don't reapply any product between washing. I wished I realized this sooner, I would have saved hundreds of dollars.

beana

My texture doesn't change much with relaxers, but it just breaks more. It's not worth the hassle for me anymore.
quote]

**Sighs** this is EXACTLY how i feel about relaxing, My hair does not relax silky straight ever. relaxers breaks it down and "de-poof" it but my hair never has that high gloss bling i see some of the ladies with on the board.

Damaged but not out

Current style/length: relaxed ends texturised 3-4 inches from roots, nl
Overall hair type: 4a/b( and the more i read the more it confises me)

Hair type Specifics: My natural hair i cant remember that well nymore(as i always took it for granted), DUchesse put me in mind of it when she said"
I have three distinct textures in my hair. The top is a silkier/tight wavy texture, there really isn't a curl, and I can't categorize in Andre's system. I call it a floppy, poof...looks kinda like blowdried natural hair."
The middle is the hardest and prone to breakage after week 4 of a chemical treatment :lachen:no its just prone to breakage 365 days of the year
The back is the softest and curliest and the quickest to grow.

Unique Hair behaviors/ challenges: 1.My hair will straighten at the slightest whiff of heat or chemical

2.Which is why texturising can and will be difficult for me to retain, every touch-up causes the older growth to steaighten that much more.

3.Ive had APL texturised hair b4, but at that point it pretty much looked relaxed. And would not hold the cutesy texturised curl:nono:

4. I moved countries last year and s finding a proper hairdresser and anew routine to go with the temp shift, I would say has been my biggest hair challenge to date.

5. regimens, im still in trial and error phase. But i cant keep my hands out of myhead:wallbash:

SweetSpirit86

My texture doesn't change much with relaxers, but it just breaks more. It's not worth the hassle for me anymore.
quote]

**Sighs** this is EXACTLY how i feel about relaxing, My hair does not relax silky straight ever. relaxers breaks it down and "de-poof" it but my hair never has that high gloss bling i see some of the ladies with on the board.

Sounds like how my hair used to do. Unless I "overprocessed" it...it wasn't straight...and even then, it was still waving back at me!:lachen:My hair is of low porosity...chemicals don't take well. Maybe this is the case for you? I'm no expert..just thought I'd throw that out there as something to think about. :)

Oddly enough, though...my hair always loved the flatiron. It went into submission easily when my hair was properly moisturized.

SweetSpirit86

Current style/length: Natural, 2mo Post BC hair...so no length.

Overall hair type: I'm not sure yet. I think the crown back is 3c, and the rest is 4a

Hair type Specifics: My hair has always been very dense...lots and LOTS of hair rests on my head, lol. Most of it is thick, but there's a small section at the back that is a finer texture. The hair on the crown and straight back have curls the size of a pen, and the hair on the sides of my head are more like coils. Very pen-springy. All of it has major shrinkage...except the top...it has shrinkage but not near as bad. It kinda gets on my nerves because my head will look like it's misshapen because the rest of my hair looks flat and then you have this pouf on the top.:rolleyes:

Unique Hair behaviors/ challenges:

1. Low porosity sucks. - It's great once the moisture gets in there...it stays for a decent amount of time, but the problem is getting it there in the first place. My hair loves water, but I have to incorporate heat to get ANY conditioner to work.

2. It doesn't like butters. :wallbash: - They literally sit on my hair. :(

3. It likes the simple things. - Wash Me/Condition Me is all it seems to ask. The more I add, the worse it gets. When I say worse..."brillo" comes to mind.

4. For some reason, it always looks dry even when moisturized, unless a camera with a flash comes into place. Take the flash out, and it's like *BLING* put it away and it crawls back into the grave. It has shine if I "force" it to lay down, though.

5. It TANGLES!!! >_< - Even this short!! If I don't have my hair coated in conditioner, best believe Mortal Kombat will ensue with me, and my hair. It will probably live in protective styles for this reason.:nono:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Current style/length: texlaxed APL

Overall hair type: 3c in the front, and 4a in the back

Hair type Specifics: My natural hair in the back is very thick, grows much faster, 4a; my front is fine, grows much slower, and 3c.

Unique Hair behaviors/ challenges:
I wish my entire head was one hair types because this would make handling it much better. I really like the back of head better because it's much thicker and grows slower. The front can be a problem because it's more fragile then the back so I have to extra baby the front.

Neith

Current style/length: Natural/ Chin Length

Overall hair type: 4a

Hair type Specifics: Very SPONGY, THICK and COARSE small coils. Loves natural oils, especially coconut oil.

Unique Hair behaviors/ challenges: Highly resistant to chemicals. Resistant to moisture.