Whats your summer hair style going to be?

I wear the same styles year-around: From touchup to about halfway through my stetch (at 7 weeks), I wear buns/various updos, twistouts, or straight. From 7 weeks to 13/14 weeks, I wear mostly spiral sets because they blend the new growth so nicely until I touchup again.

Buns and wash & go's. Contemplating maybe 8 weeks of braids to stretch this relaxer stretch to 24 weeks.

i have a few hairstlyes i will alternate every week in my fotki under hair muse :yep:
FYI...i will be using a weave with each style.

Probably more of the same.
Braided/twisted buns during the week.
Braid/twist outs, head wraps and scarves on the weekend.

Wash-n-gos, comb coils and twists (and their resultant coil/twist outs!)...I'm looking forward to watching my twa become not so teeny!

has anyone mastered the technique of doing a braid-out yet? I think for Spring I'm going to wear my hair straight on occasions and for the summer I'll do braid/twist-outs...that's if I get a good technique down.

I just get tired of the same hair style all the time. I think i'm going to order some hot rollers or the rollers with the comb part where you don't need a clip to do curls, I dont' want a poof but nice soft curls. Headbands, I have been wearing headbands for the past few weeks but they hurt the back of my head near the ears.

Today was so cold ...I can hardly envision Summer...now you have me thinking:scratchch ....I'll get back to you on that:grin:

I will be getting kinky twists for the first time

I'll probably be half-wiggin it and rocking twistouts and braidouts the rest of the time. I'm so ready for summer!

HZ-7047_M.jpg

MAYAWIG-2T.jpg

ISABELLE_M.jpg

My hair is natural, so I plan on co-washing daily or every other day and wearing:
  • a wet bun
  • a wash-n-go
  • a puff
I don't think I'll be straightening over the summer, due to reversion. But you never know ...

In June or July I plan on coming out of my (regular) sew in look if I have reached my goal of BSL. From there I will experiment with roller sets, twist outs, and buns.

Buns and braidouts.
Buns and braidouts.
repeat
repeat....

unless I end up giving in to the BC temptations...
in which case I'll be wearing wash n gos.

i think my summer hair will be the same as my winter hair... not a fan of the braid out. at least not my first choice of style.

i will probably try to experiment more with updos and protective styles since i will probably want to keep my hair off my back on especially hot days. but i will continue to roller set.

between just hanging (curly), bantu knots, or maybe a bun. However, buns break my ends off for some reason, so those will be few and far between.

I wish I could do a pony puff, but my hair doesn't hold a puff well, and I don't want to put hairspray on it... so more than likely natural out, or bantu knots or a pony tail.

Back