When could you make a ponytail with your natural hair?

trynagrow

BCers or long-term transitioners, how long did it take you to be able to put your natural hair or newgrowth (if transitioning), into a ponytail?

doriannc

i transitioned for 18 months then big chopped. I was able to make a ponytail a few months before my BC

manter26

I made my 1st puff last month. My last relaxer was Mar 09 and I BC'd that July. My puff is about baseball size or smaller so nothing spectacular. I also need a few bobby pins in front to hold my bangs.

Alta Angel

That's helpful to know. I plan on transitioning for 18-20 months, so hopefully I will have an all natural ponytail by then.

makeupgirl

I BC in October but transitioned for 4 mos. I can put my hair in a little ball, lol. It's the sides that won't stay up but I'm guessing around August I can.

LilMissRed

I transitioned from Oct 08 until 1/10 full sew in... & I never bc'd... but was able to get a ponytail then.. its been 5 mos later & I can def get a better ponytail now :yep:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Aw, man! It's gonna take me a year!:crying3::nono: I BC'd 4 months post relaxer.:sad: This is a great thread! I wish I transitioned longer.

Jewell

I made a pony (tiny) about 2 weeks after my BC after a 9 month transition (unstraightened natural hair ponytail).

KnitChick

With A WHOLE LOT of gel, to keep the sides + top down, I can make a pony now and I'm @ about 8 1/2 months now, and that's without blowdrying or straightening...It's tiny but its mine :lachen:

Determined22

I can make a ponytail now, and I've been natural for about 14 months. I did a 4 month transition before the BC so I had a super TWA for a long time.

txcurly10

I transitioned for 13 months, and I was able to make a small one right after my BC. Six weeks post BC it's a much better pony tail now, but still small! :grin:

Hairsofab

Maybe my hair is tighter/more dense but I was never able to get it into a ponytail or puff. I can now that I texturized it a bit, but it has been 3 years since I started growing out my hair.

EccentricRed

I BC'ed at 17 months and I could pull my hair into a ponytail. Id say at 12 months my natural hair was at the ponytail holder. It's been 20 months, I can pull it into a ponytail pretty effortlessly. I like wearing a puff instead because it makes my hair look huge! :yep:

My hair also grows slightly more than a half an inch per month so my hair shoots out.

Sianna

Great thread!!

I have nothing to contribute here as my hair is not close to being long enough to make a ponytail. I was thinking it'd take about a year and it seems I was about right. :grin:

chebaby

i bc'd down to less than an inch and i just made one year this past April. i am now able to make a ponytail. so one year.

MadisonK

Wow. My hair must grow slowly. I just BC'd at 9 months and I am not even close to a ponytail. :perplexed

Mad Scientist

I transitioned for 6 months I think. And I could make a tiny and high ponytail after like 8 months. I had to make it really high because my hair in the front and top was shorter because I botched my BC. lol

divya

Glad to find a thread on this! Hopefully in about 6 months I'll have a ponytail! Yay!

KurlyNinja

When I bc'd (after 12 month transition) I could get my hair in a really high pony but it was tiny. Now I'm over 2 years post relaxer and I can put my hair in a low curly pony and its about full NL. I cant wait to straighten it out to see how long it is.

godzooki

I'm 40 wks post (10 months) and although I have not BC'd, when I do a pony I have a tiny poof ball at the top, lol!