Where are the 4a/b/c hair successes?

I'm Fab

Hi All,
I have been stuck on this forum since yesterday learning tonnes of information!!!! :grin:
I have locks and I have been researching majorly! to figure out how to get rid of them. They look nice, but I'm tired, it has been too long. I think my hair is 4b, so I have been looking out for people like me but, it's hard to find even on this forum.

The monthly spotlights have sooo many 3a/b/c features so it was frustrating to look through for me.. I'm happy for them but, I feel like I need to see some MEEEs to get some more encouragement.

Where are those 4 a/b/c ladies????? Please be seen.
What do I do with my locks??? cut them off? or comb them out??? I'd love to get some tips especially from anyone who has been through the locks to natural ..

Thank YOu..
I love this forum though! Been stuck on it for the whoooolllleee day yesteday til now.:grin:

Attachments

• hair up.jpg
    hair up.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF1224.jpg
    DSCF1224.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 218

loolalooh

Hi All,
I have been stuck on this forum since yesterday learning tonnes of information!!!! :grin:
I have locks and I have been researching majorly! to figure out how to get rid of them. They look nice, but I'm tired, it has been too long. I think my hair is 4b, so I have been looking out for people like me but, it's hard to find even on this forum.

The monthly spotlights have sooo many 3a/b/c features so it was frustrating to look through for me.. I'm happy for them but, I feel like I need to see some MEEEs to get some more encouragement.

Where are those 4 a/b/c ladies????? Please be seen.
What do I do with my locks??? cut them off? or comb them out??? I'd love to get some tips especially from anyone who has been through the locks to natural ..

Thank YOu..
I love this forum though! Been stuck on it for the whoooolllleee day yesteday til now.:grin:

Check out the albums the ladies above listed ... ESPECIALLY Sera's album.

As for locks, you CAN comb them out. Check out www.youtube.com/user/fauryn78 ; she combed out her locks. For the exact method, you're better off checking out www.nappturality.com . It involves lots of conditioner, a pick/pin, a comb, and LOTS of patience. Start from the ends and work your way up. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

I'm Fab

Yes that helps thank you very much. I saw Fauryn before and was AMAZED!!! but she didn't talk about her method. I'm checking out that website to get some more info on the method..
THANKS

Platinum

Subscribing...:look:

:welcome4::newbie:

ETA: Check out these naturals: Naturalgurl, Ediese, Mwedzi, zzirvingj

Sylver2 (Relaxed 4a)

Last edited:

anon123

Check out the albums the ladies above listed ... ESPECIALLY Sera's album.

As for locks, you CAN comb them out. Check out www.youtube.com/user/fauryn78 ; she combed out her locks. For the exact method, you're better off checking out www.nappturality.com . It involves lots of conditioner, a pick/pin, a comb, and LOTS of patience. Start from the ends and work your way up. Hope that helps!

She combed out her locks?! :eek2: They were sooo beautiful.

ETA:
I don't have any advice for you but wanted to say your locks are BEAUTIFUL!

Oh snap, how did I not notice those little pictures. Yours are beautiful, too! Are you suuurre you want to comb them out? I think Nappturality is a better forum for locs, there are so few members here who have them.

Last edited:

SEMO

ETA:

Oh snap, how did I not notice those little pictures. Yours are beautiful, too! Are you suuurre you want to comb them out? I think Nappturality is a better forum for locs, there are so few members here who have them.

I thought the same thing. And I agree that nappturality has way more women who loc. I was just thinking how it's weird that LHCF is pretty evenly split between people who are natural or relaxed, but so few of the naturals have locs.

I'm Fab

I checked them all out. I even saw one that looks like how my hair used to look back in the day!

Thanks a lot

jasmin

There are a lot of 4a/b people with success. I was having success but had a setback but I think Supergirl and sylver (sp) are in the 4 range. They can confirm though. There are tons of old members that aren't here anymore that grew very long hair. When I joined the successes were everywhere.

I'm Fab

ETA:

Your hair is exactly what I need to see for some encouragement. It looks amazing!!! I'm wondering what kind of protective styles you use though. I gues I should worry about combing out the locs right now before I think of styling my afro hair..

I have had this hairstyle for about 9 years. Never relaxed, never texturized, never took care of my natural afro hair either so I don't know it at all! I only know my locks..

I also want to prove to myself that I can take a risk and make it work and look good with my natural combed hair state. I live in Trinidad and afro 4a/b/c type hair is quietly scorned. People have locks but I dont see many people rocking their natural state of hair.. The good hair bad hair thing is strong..
I want to prove to myself that I don't subscribe to that and that I can look hott! with afro looking hair too.:look:

You ladies are great though.. I'm glad I subscribed to this forum..
Very very supportive..

Miss*Tress

You and your locs are very pretty. Welcome to the board and best of luck in your natural hair adventure. :)

Hairsofab

I just want to say please try to comb out your locks. I had locks several years ago and just cut them off, because I didn't know any other way.

Junebug D

Hello. I am a 4b natural. I don't think I am a success story since I've been extremely scissor-happy much of the time I've been natural. :grin: But you can check out my Fotki, link is in my profile.

I'm Fab

Wow your locs look amazing!!!!!! Here is my natural 4 a/b hair inspiration
http://public.fotki.com/virtuousjewel/beginning-of-better/winter-09/
Her screen name is virtuousjewel on fotki........ I just lovvvvvvve her hair!

OK Virtuous jewel's hair is ridiculously amazing!!! lotts body I luv it.. I want my natural state of hair... i miss it... hope it can achieve that kind of health and length..

Thanks for sharing your inspiration..

Yours looks great too actually... lotta volume..

loolalooh

Yes that helps thank you very much. I saw Fauryn before and was AMAZED!!! but she didn't talk about her method. I'm checking out that website to get some more info on the method..
THANKS

You're welcome!

P.S. I co-sign with the ladies ... your locs are gorgeous!! I can understand wanting to explore a new realm though. Good luck with whatever you decide and welcome to LHCF.

Cheleigh

Welcome...there are a lot of 4a and 4a/4b naturals. There are also 4b and c-napp naturals too. Somewhere someone had done a type 4 natural encouragement thread...I'll see if I can find it.

Raspberry

Hey girl! Nice to see another locker here..tho the locks might be gone soon lol.

I heard Cowboy Magic is an incredible detangler - it was designed originally for horses to remove extreme tangles and dreads from their manes/tails but it's safe for human use too. From what I understand it's a highly concentrated silicone product. I always said I would use it if I wanted to take down my locs.

LHCF will definitely have you considerin some thangs after seeing all the beautiful heads of hair - however I had loose hair for a few years before I locked so I'm not in a hurry to go back to the maintenance, tho I still reccomend the experience.

I think Nappturality is a better forum for locs, there are so few members here who have them.

I agree. I have learned everything I know about locs from NP.. tho I prefer the vibe on LHCF most days so that's why I spend a lot more time over here.

I'm Fab

Hey girl! Nice to see another locker here..tho the locks might be gone soon lol.

I heard Cowboy Magic is an incredible detangler - it was designed originally for horses to remove extreme tangles and dreads from their manes/tails but it's safe for human use too. From what I understand it's a highly concentrated silicone product. I always said I would use it if I wanted to take down my locs.

LHCF will definitely have you considerin some thangs after seeing all the beautiful heads of hair - however I had loose hair for a few years before I locked so I'm not in a hurry to go back to the maintenance, tho I still reccomend the experience.

I agree. I have learned everything I know about locs from NP.. tho I prefer the vibe on LHCF most days so that's why I spend a lot more time over here.

I am definitely going to get that. I already found a store that has it.. Hopefully they will ship it to me. Thanks a lot for telling me about the detangler. Good to know that there are other lockers in LHCF. I went to Nappturality but, I agree that the vibe and info is a little better over here..

THANK YOU THANK YOU:grin: