Where are the hair care sites?

Camille

Ok I know I just posted and taking nothing away from the great advice I get from you wonderful ladies on this site, but what are some of the other sites/books that have helped you in your hair journey?

pebbles

Hi Camille, /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can't really comment about other hair sites because I don't know many others. I know one other for relaxed hair care, but there were way too many pop ups and they were driving me crazy, so I didn't get to explore it much.

As for books, I like Cathy Howes, though the editing of the book was poor. When I knew absolutely nothing about hair, her book was the first one I read. It gave me a clue as to some of the things I was doing that probably were working against my hair.

Shamboosie, I like. He is a big advocate of the Nexxus products, but I believe that any high quality products that you substitute for Nexxus will work in his program. I didn't agree with his feelings on internet hair boards and the use of natural ingredients as eggs on the hair, but he is a pro, and I can't take that away from him. The man knows his stuff.

African-Caribbean Hairdressing by Sandra Gittens is more a hair school textbook, but I found it very informative. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skegeesmb

Same as she said. And as for books: I like Let's Talk hair by Pamela Ferell. Ultra Black Hair growth by Cathy Howse(when I was relaxed), The black womans guide to longer hair in 6 weeks by Carolyn Grey (when I was relaxed).

I edited my post because I saw the sites I entered were identical.

thatscuteright

ricochet

I just recently found longhaircareforum and I have to tell you guys that you are so great and you have the greatest tips...But in the beginning of my hair health journey...Cathy Howse's books was the very first one that I bought. Her ideas about washing more frequently, moisutrizing, etc., really helped my relaxed hair flourish...However, during my journey, I continued to read and read and decided on natural hair. I bought Pamela Ferrell's "Let's Talk Hair" and Lonnice Bonner's "Good Hair: For Colored Girls Who've Considered Weaves When The Chemicals Became Too Ruff". All 3 of these books have some wonderful suggestions and are packed with so much information. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I also have Carolyn Gray's book, but she uses too many products for my taste. Her ponytail method of airdrying and Caruso curlers ideas are wonderful though. Most of all, Wanakee's site(now Bev Johnson) has plenty of tips on protective styling, trimming, etc. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I also visit nappturality.com, love that site, and BHCAB on yahoo. /images/graemlins/wink.gif