Where do you store your hood dryer

albane

As a side topic fo a recent post ' Where do you store it all', I would like to get some feedback from those ladies who are using a professional salon hood dryer (such as Pibbs)
Do you have a place where to store it without being on view for any visitor or without taking alll the place in your bathroom ?
Can you easily separate the head of the dryer from the stand arrangment ? In such cae, where do you store the head of the dryer ? How many time do yopu need to reinstall the dryer ?
My answers
- during a long time, I stored the dryer mounted on its stand at the back of a cabinet in my living room. It was not really visible as long as you were not walking next to the cabinet. However this raised so many funny questions from family and friends about continuing my wellknown (huge) rollersetting practice that I decided to find another solution
- currently I separate the head from the stand and stores the head in a big trash bag which I store in a wall cabinet in my bedroom. Depending on time, I leave the stand and store it as formerly was stored the whole dryer (no more questions about !) or I totally desinstall the dryer (the stand can be separated in 4 pieces) and store it with the head
- 2 minutes if I have not separated the stand in pieces, 10 minutes if I have to build evrything from scratch

Well i live in a studo apartment, so unfortunately i dont have too many space options. I just keep mine free-standing drier in the corner (of the living room, i guess you'd call it), along with my plastic cart of other hair supplies. Not the best place, aesthetically..... but space is limited for me. :lol:

Mine is a collapsible table-top dryer. I keep it on the floor of my closet.
88_1.JPG

Thanks for your attention dlewis

Kinikakes, not too many questions about the dryer standing in the corner ?

I keep my Pibbs in the guest bedroom! So guests just have to deal! :lol: But seriously, when guests come, I move it to my bedroom. I don't want to dismantle mine because that hood is so heavy!

Mine's a bonnet attached to a regular dryer. I usually dry my hair while on the sofa so I just drop the whole mess behind it when I'm done.

I got a small apartment too so my standing dryer is next to my bedroom. My mom thinks I am so vain for having one but I really dont care.

I've got a soft bonnet dryer, so I just wrap it up and store in the closet when not in use. I'd love a standing dryer because my hair would dry quicker, but don't have anywhere to put it.

Glossyxlipz, why does your mother thinks you are vain for having a dryer ? Mine would think the contrary !!!

I have a collapsable one. I keep it in my living room closet so I can place it on the couch and watch tv when I am doing my hair. I do keep my electric heat cap behind the sofa at all times so I can just swing it over the couch and slap it on.

I am obsessed with home design and hooded driers just don't fit into my decor:lol: That being said I keep mine on a bathroom shelf covered by a curtain.

Hey Albane:wave: . I have a Pibbs and I keep mine in the corner in my guest bedroom. Of course when people go to the guest bathroom they can see it in the room and they usually comment on it. I cannot take the top of because it is too heavy for me. That sounds like a good idea though.

preciousjewel76 said:
Mine is a collapsible table-top dryer. I keep it on the floor of my closet.
88_1.JPG

OOhh Where did you purchase this dryer from?

btw, I keep mine in my niece's closet.

I live in a studio! I keep that anywhere it will fit. The people I invite over know the deal so I don't have to hide it anywhere.:cool:

Ladies with a Pibbs know this dryer is huge. I keep mine in the corner next to the computer so that when I need it, I can just move the chair over :lol:. I could put it away but i use it so frequently, I am afraid I might drop it while breaking it down.:nono:

Honi said:
I have a Pibbs. I just roll it into my walk in closet and shut the door.

Honi I love the rollers on the bottom. I always roll it to my computer. I am sitting under it as I type.

lol i had to run down the hall to make sure my son didnt thow it away:lol: :lol: i have not seen it but it sitting in the room i dont have a lot of people over so it ok:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: i want one that stand a lone but i have to wait until i move may be cause i dont have any room:eek: but i do more air drying so i dont know:confused:

Brickhouse, Ciocolatta
I agree that the weight of the top maks it risky to get it out of the pedestal in any occasion. However when I have visitors coming for dinner, I feel obliged to do the move. Luckily, I had no problem up to now. My husband also helps me in such case

Brickhouse, what type of comment do you get from your visitors when they see the dryer Is it simple curiosity or interest in your hair care or a feeling that you are doing crazy things ? Does it create a real issue for you to talk about, in such case.
As per my own experience, rollersets are really considered as oldfashioned in France, which explains why I prefer o not adress the issue with strangers. Is it the same where do you live ?

albane said:
Brickhouse, Ciocolatta
I agree that the weight of the top maks it risky to get it out of the pedestal in any occasion. However when I have visitors coming for dinner, I feel obliged to do the move. Luckily, I had no problem up to now. My husband also helps me in such case

Brickhouse, what type of comment do you get from your visitors when they see the dryer Is it simple curiosity or interest in your hair care or a feeling that you are doing crazy things ? Does it create a real issue for you to talk about, in such case.
As per my own experience, rollersets are really considered as oldfashioned in France, which explains why I prefer o not adress the issue with strangers. Is it the same where do you live ?

Albane I took the top off. I was just worried about the thing falling over and breaking but I don't believe that would be the case. Most of my friends are males and they just comment that I have a professional dryer. Men are just curious anyway. I am in Ga which is in the south and rollersetting is still pretty common here.

Shoot, I use mine soo much it's almost useless to put it away. Up until last Friday it just sat in a corner in my dinning room, but that was throwing my whole scenery off and I decided to finally take it up in my bedroom. Now I just wheel it into the walk-in closet. I could have just wheeled into the coat closet when it was down stairs, I guess I was just being lazy too :look: .

Growinpainz said:
OOhh Where did you purchase this dryer from?

btw, I keep mine in my niece's closet.

I got it online, but I can't remember the name of the website. I've seen it on eBay, though. It's a Gold N Hot Ionic Hard Bonnet Dryer:

eBay link

I have a table top one it's in my room under my vanity. I've had it for a few years and only used it a handful of times though. My ex's mom had a freestanding salon one though and she just kept it in the kitchen. I was like :look: the first time I saw it. It was ALWAYS there.

Last edited:
In my bedroom closet on the top shelf. I feel bad since I begged and begged for it and then a month later, I went natural and haven't used it since. That was about 2 years ago.

brickhouse said:
Albane I took the top off. I was just worried about the thing falling over and breaking but I don't believe that would be the case. Most of my friends are males and they just comment that I have a professional dryer. Men are just curious anyway. I am in Ga which is in the south and rollersetting is still pretty common here.

Brickhouse, do you mean that women in Georgia would go shopping with their rollers ? I do it from time to time in Paris, but most people look curiously at me. It was frequent to see women in rollers in the street 30 years ago, but not anymore.

Back